Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Latest rumor involving Gasol and Bulls

A Spanish newspaper recently interviewed Pau Gasol in if he'd like to be traded to the Bulls and here's what he said, " Trading me to the Chicago Bulls would be a really good situation for me. Everybody likes Chicago." (Cadena SER) I'm not surprised with his answer because he clearly stated before that if he were traded he'd like to be traded to a good team. If he were traded to the Bulls he would go to a team with all the pieces, except for one which would be him. I'm sure that he'd develop the Bulls into a true contender. Plus a majority of Spain would perfer to see Gasol in Chicago than any other team.

Here's a trade scenario that I think West would find to hard to deny.

Luol Deng, P.J. Brown's expiring $8.5 million contract, Tyrus Thomas, a 2007 first round pick (via Knicks) and a 2009 first round pick for Pau Gasol and Hakim Warrick.

This would be a perfect trade for a team that needs to rebuild because they would get an offensive forward in Deng who's averaging 17.8 ppg and 6.8 rebounds a game, most importantly though is that he's in his third year and 21 years old so his upside is huge. Just imagine how good he'll be in his prime. P.J. Brown's huge contract is attractive for obvious reasons, Tyrus Thomas is a young athletic player who's potential is sky high, his defense tells it all. Next the Grizzlies would receive a 2007 1st round draft pick that is sure to be a lottery pick and possibly in the top ten. Finally the 2009 1st round draft pick would be like the cherry on top. Since the Bulls would be giving up so much it's only fair that they'd get a young player with potential. Paxson please take this in consideration.

P.S. I heard another rumor in which it said that Paxson will be looking closely at the Bulls west coast road trip to explore his options for a possible trade with Gasol.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Latest rumor involving Gasol and Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
A Spanish newspaper recently interviewed Pau Gasol in if he'd like to be traded to the Bulls and here's what he said, " Trading me to the Chicago Bulls would be a really good situation for me. Everybody likes Chicago." (Cadena SER) I'm not surprised with his answer because he clearly stated before that if he were traded he'd like to be traded to a good team. If he were traded to the Bulls he would go to a team with all the pieces, except for one which would be him. Plus a majority of Spain would perfer to see Gasol in Chicago than any other team.

Here's a trade scenario that I think West would find to hard to deny.

Luol Deng, P.J. Brown's expiring $8.5 million contract, Tyrus Thomas, a 2007 first round pick (via Knicks) and a 2009 first round pick for Pau Gasol and Hakim Warrick.

This would be a perfect trade for a team that needs to rebuild because they would get an offensive forward in Deng who's averaging 17.8 ppg and 6.8 rebounds a game, most importantly though is that he's in his third year and 21 years old so his upside is huge. Just imagine how good he'll be in his prime. P.J. Brown's huge contract is attractive for obvious reasons, Tyrus Thomas is a young athletic player who's potential is sky high, his defense tells it all. Next the Grizzlies would receive a 2007 1st round draft pick that is sure to be a lottery pick and possibly in the top ten. Finally the 2009 1st round draft pick would be like the cherry on top. Since the Bulls would be giving up so much it's only fair that they'd get a young player with potential. Paxson please take this in consideration.

P.S. I heard another rumor in which it said that Paxson will be looking closely at the Bulls west coast road trip to explore his options for a possible trade with Gasol.

id give up gordon before deng. i think deng has more upside.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Luol Deng, P.J. Brown's expiring $8.5 million contract, Tyrus Thomas, a 2007 first round pick (via Knicks) and a 2009 first round pick for Pau Gasol and Hakim Warrick

Too much the Bulls are giving up. Keep the first round pick in 07.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why exactly does the majority of spain want him to go to chicago?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Because its "Da Bulls ole'!" :
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spanish press has no credibility, they've been making up trade rumours since Pau got to Memphis. That's another reason why he wants out, the press has made him believe he's a superstar, when he's not. He's a really good player, but clearly not in the league's top 20.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's just the press, and people here believe every stupid thing they write.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I honestly might hesitate to take that trade for Kevin Garnett. The Knicks pick in a draft that could easily have 2 #1 level picks is important to me. Plus I hate any deal where teams give up several first round picks. Its come back to bite too many teams.

Holding onto picks and losing a star over it has too. But....in this draft...with 2 likely homerun picks....nah. Not for Pau Gasol.

Ill support him if he shows up. But in that deal id be more worried about what we gave up than happy about what we got.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

the knicks pick will be 10 to 15 because we are a few days away from everyone starting to tank to get their low positiong, whereas the knicks will play the remainder of the season like it is the playoffs because they have no pick.

Good enough for playoffs? NO
Good enough to pass teams trying to lose. YES

so it wont be the #1 or #2 pick anyway.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
I don't think Memphis would trade both Gasol and Warrick.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Knicks dont need to try to lose to lose. They are only a game and a half up on the Bobcats. They dont need to fall far to get half decent chances at a high pick. Not when either 1 or 2 is as good as a usual #1. The outside chance is worth the risk of not having gasol if it also means giving up Deng, a big expiring deal, and last years #2 overall pick 40 games into his career. Too many things could happen in the future to make that seem stupid in retrospect.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #12
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Bulls are giving up WAY too much here. Gasol opnely said he wants to be traded, the Grizz would be fools to turn this deal down. Deng, PJ, Ty and a future 1st should be more than enough for the Grizz to do this trade.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Even if its not a top pick, trading first round picks is never a good thing. Whether the potential is top 5 or 13-15. Doesnt matter.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Too much the Bulls are giving up. Keep the first round pick in 07.

I know I'd like to offer less, but West and the Grizzlies have been wanting too much right from the start. With this trade you'd be sure to get Gasol. Also the 07' pick is very valuable so it's sure to convince the Grizzlies. Yea we're giving up a lot, but look at the possible lineup.

PG: Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Andre Barrett
SG: Ben Gordon, Thabo Sefolosha, Adrian Griffin
SF: Andres Nocioni, Hakim Warrick, Viktor Khryapa
PF: Pau Gasol, Malik Allen, Michael Sweetney
C: Ben Wallace, Martynas Andriuskevicius

It's not bad as you would think. All the Bulls would have to do is try to get another big guy with one of their 07' second round picks, they'd have to sign a center in the offseason who averages at least 10-12 points per game to really strenghten their front court. Then in the 2008 draft they can use their first round pick for a Shooting Guard.

P.S. Andres Nocioni in my oppinion can do the same things Deng can do, plus more which includes excellent 3 point shooting, something Deng can't do. What makes Deng more attractive for some people is that he averages 17.8 ppg compared to Nocioni's 15.3 ppg, but I can easily see that number to go up once he becomes the starter. Nocioni's overall game in my oppinion is better than Deng's so I can live with him leaving. Both players are awesome, but one of them would have to go to make this trade a reality. It would be a huge mistake to trade Gordon because he's the teams leading scorer and main guy off the bench. Without him the SG position would be bad because you would have no effective options off the bench. Kirk Hinrich would be even worse to trade because he's the first player to make up the teams young core and taking away our captain would mess with the teams chemistry. So I hope you can see where I am getting at. I'm trying to think of the best move for the team without really taking a step back.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #15
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
Bulls are giving up WAY too much here. Gasol opnely said he wants to be traded, the Grizz would be fools to turn this deal down. Deng, PJ, Ty and a future 1st should be more than enough for the Grizz to do this trade.

I basically added a 2009 1st round pick to also bring in Hakim Warrick to fill some kind of void with Deng leaving because trust me Khryapa isn't good enough yet to be the backup to Nocioni.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: