Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Latest rumor involving Gasol and Bulls

If this trade doesn't go through I'd be willing to try a trade like this for Garnett because he'd be sure worth it. We'll have to see if anything comes up.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
It's just the press, and people here believe every stupid thing they write.

True, most reporters in Spain don't even know how the salary cap rules work and just start pulling trades out of their asses. Even worse, some think it's just a case of Chicago paying the Grizzlies a certain amount of money like european transfers.

Only a few really know what the hell they are talking about, most only care about soccer and will ocassionally will write some half arsed article about the NBA when one of the Spanish players is newsworthy.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #18
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

my Q for Bulls fans is - who is it that you value more, Gordon or Deng? Perosnally, I'd trade Gordon (+ K pick + Thomas) in a deal for Gasol (maybe send Chucky over)- but not Deng.

You guys know better
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #19
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
my Q for Bulls fans is - who is it that you value more, Gordon or Deng? Perosnally, I'd trade Gordon (+ K pick + Thomas) in a deal for Gasol (maybe send Chucky over)- but not Deng.

You guys know better

IF the Bulls are getting Gasol I'd rather deal Deng. He's easier to replace than Gordon.(Nocioni + drafting someone like Corey Brewer with the Knicks pick would get the job done)

If the Bulls trade Gordon, Paxson would then have to make another trade for someone that can hit a jumpshot consistently. Hinrich is streaky and Sefolosha can't shoot.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #20
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You guys know better

Ben gordons peak is probably around 26/5/3 on very good shooting and average D on non post up points while Kirk guards the 2. Dengs numbers I expect to stay in the 19-21 and 7-8 range forever. And believe it or not Ben has actually been the more consistient player of the two for months.

I read an article yesterday that said Paxon considers Ben the safest of the players teams want. More than even Kirk. I find that a little hard to believe but its a chicago paper so I assume they have some kind of information I dont.

There are players I have faith in to replace either. Thabo could be a very very good all around player at the 2. Noc could easily be a good option at 3. But the Bulls still need a guy like Ben who can score right away when its needed. Its often said the Bulls dont have a scorer like that but Ben is at 22 a game in 31 minutes or so. Many all stars in the past and recenty were not doing that well. At last check he was shooting a rounded up 47% too.

Ben isnt as easy to replace as most small guards considered scorers. Hes not AI. But hes not Eddie House either.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #21
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No way. Anything involving draft picks should not be considered. Loul Deng and Tyrus Thomas should be more than enough to get Pau Gasol and I think even that is too much to give up for him. The only players that are worth giving up Deng, Thomas and a first round pick for are Garnett, Duncan or Dirk.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #22
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
PG: Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Andre Barrett
SG: Ben Gordon, Thabo Sefolosha, Adrian Griffin
SF: Andres Nocioni, Hakim Warrick, Viktor Khryapa
PF: Pau Gasol, Malik Allen, Michael Sweetney
C: Ben Wallace, Martynas Andriuskevicius

That would be good but imagine if the Bulls got Greg Oden and in a few seasons the starting lineup was

PG: Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon
SG: Ben Gordon/Sefolosha
SF: Loul Deng/Andres Nocioni
PF: Tyrus Thomas/Michael Sweetney
C: Greg Oden/Ben Wallace

Why do the Bulls have to win right now? As it is if they play to their full potential they can be first or second place in the east. Giving up too much of their young talent for Gasol or even Garnett would be a mistake. If they can find a good PF or Center who can score through free agency or through the draft they'd be set and would dominate in the east for several seasons to come.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #23
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

This seems to be too much for Gasol.

You have to remember this is not KG we are talking about, and rarely do teams get full value for their star. Meanwhile, he is coming off a broken leg, and the team has not improved much with him back in the line-up.

If I'm the Bulls I start the bidding with obviously the following pieces

PJ Brown - expirer needed to make deal work
T. Thomas - expendable with Gasol and Wallace upfront

and then 1 of

Nocioni
Hinrich
NY #1

Memphis would obviously want Gordon or Deng + the #1, but then it gets kind of iffy for Chicago.

At the same time, Chicago has to remember they are not going to be able to afford all the contract demands coming up. Wallace and Gasol will be making near max money each, and Deng, Gordon, Hinrich and Nocioni will all be looking for major pay days in the near future.

I still think it would be Memphis' best interest to draw a crowd pleaser to sell tickets.

They should look to trade:

Gasol and Miller
for
VC, Krstic, A.Wright and filler if needed.

(admitted homerism, I know)
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Bulls should offer PJ's huge contract + one pick and one nice player. Nothing more. It's the best offer the Grizzlies will get, and there's no sense in outbidding yourself.

Perhaps:
PJ + Gordon + 2007 2nd rounder + 2008 1st rounder

Want more than that Memphis? Too bad, nobody ever gets more than that.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Bulls should offer PJ's huge contract + one pick and one nice player. Nothing more. It's the best offer the Grizzlies will get, and there's no sense in outbidding yourself.

Perhaps:
PJ + Gordon + 2007 2nd rounder + 2008 1st rounder

Want more than that Memphis? Too bad, nobody ever gets more than that.

then you won't get Gasol. so what is the point? There is no fire sale in Memphis, no reason to. Why would they give him for nothing?
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #26
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
so what is the point?
Either Memphis wants to trade Gasol, or they don't. If they decide to trade him, they will have to accept a return that is within the limits of all trades that have ever happened in NBA history. As great as Gasol may be, he will not fetch the biggest blockbuster trade of all time.

Think about what Shaq got, what Iverson got, what Carter got, what McGrady got, what Webber got, what Barkley got, etc, etc, etc. Jerry West probably has an idea of whether or not he wants to trade Pau, and if he does, he'll have to face reality.

Quote:
Why would they give him for nothing?
How could you possibly consider the package that I listed "nothing." It's more than was received in the TMac trade, and probably more than in the Shaq trade. Certainly more than what Toronto got for VC, and more than what Philly got for Iverson. Where are you coming from??
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #27
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

If I were the Bulls the most I offer is PJ and a combination of 2 of the 3 Ty, Duhon, and Thabo. If push comes to shove I might give all 3 but no way I give a pick. That way you keep a core of relatively young talent in Kirk, Deng, Gordon, and hopefully 1 of the 3 listed above.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #28
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

That would be more entertaining than the Suns. Thomas and Swift on the same team....
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #29
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
PG: Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Andre Barrett
SG: Ben Gordon, Thabo Sefolosha, Adrian Griffin
SF: Andres Nocioni, Hakim Warrick, Viktor Khryapa
PF: Pau Gasol, Malik Allen, Michael Sweetney
C: Ben Wallace, Martynas Andriuskevicius

Ick.

You do realise this guy wont be playing again this season?
From wiki:
Quote:
On December 21, 2006, Andriuškevičius sustained a serious head injury when he was attacked by Awvee Storey. Andriuškevičius suffered a fractured skull, severe concussion, and a two-centimeter hematoma on the left side of his brain. Doctors initially thought it'd be months before he could speak, but he was able to within a month, and stated his desire to play basketball within a year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyna...1kevi%C4%8Dius
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #30
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Ben gordons peak is probably around 26/5/3 on very good shooting and average D on non post up points while Kirk guards the 2. Dengs numbers I expect to stay in the 19-21 and 7-8 range forever. And believe it or not Ben has actually been the more consistient player of the two for months.

This is what I've been saying for the last month. Deng is way overrated at ISH. Gordon is the guy you don't want to give up. Gasol and Gordon compliment each other so well, Deng and Gasol.... not so much. Nocioni is only just below Deng in terms of current skill, so you trade Deng cause you can replace him easily. Gordon is not easily replacable.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: