Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #31
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Latest rumor involving Gasol and Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
This is what I've been saying for the last month. Deng is way overrated at ISH. Gordon is the guy you don't want to give up. Gasol and Gordon compliment each other so well, Deng and Gasol.... not so much. Nocioni is only just below Deng in terms of current skill, so you trade Deng cause you can replace him easily. Gordon is not easily replacable.

Thank you finally someone that thinks the same when it comes to this topic.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #32
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
This is what I've been saying for the last month. Deng is way overrated at ISH. Gordon is the guy you don't want to give up. Gasol and Gordon compliment each other so well, Deng and Gasol.... not so much. Nocioni is only just below Deng in terms of current skill, so you trade Deng cause you can replace him easily. Gordon is not easily replacable.

Thank you finally someone that thinks the same as me when it comes to this topic.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #33
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

If the Bulls do good on this road trip and if everyone plays their best there will be no point in a trade, but if things don't go as planned it could still happen. I wouldn't be really sad if this trade didn't go down because I would like to see how long the team can hold on to this group. As of now I like the make up of the team and it might be a better idea in keeping our pick because after looking at mock drafts a lot of good post players should be available. I think a lot of people think that this trade shouldn't happen unless the teams progress is worse than expected before the trade deadline. At this point there's really no rush.

P.S. The Bulls recent win againts the Sonics was really a great game for a lot of Bulls players. Hinrich had 20 points, 9 assists, 3 steals. P.J. Brown had 14 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks. Luol Deng had 27 points, 12 rebounds, Nocioni had 14 points and 8 rebounds, Ben Gordon had an off night with only 12 points and 6 assists, but Duhon stepped up his game with 16 points and 3 assists. So let's just put the trade talks aside for now
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #34
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Luol Deng, P.J. Brown's expiring $8.5 million contract, Tyrus Thomas, a 2007 first round pick (via Knicks) and a 2009 first round pick for Pau Gasol and Hakim Warrick.
The Bulls are giving up way too much. But after all, the Bulls might be the only team that can seriously tantalize the Grizzlies as they have so many good players who are at the same time expendable.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 AM   #35
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a fair trade:

Chicago trade:
Luol Deng
PJ Brown (expirer)
Chris Duhon
Tyrus Thomas
1st Round Pick 2009 (CHI)

Memphis trade:
Pau Gasol
Damon Stoudamire
Lawrence Roberts

Bulls then have a lineup of:
CT: Ben Wallace/ Michael Sweetney/ Malik Allen
PF: Pau Gasol/ Lawrence Roberts
SF: Andres Nocioni/ Viktor Khryapa/ Adrian Griffin
SG: Ben Gordon/ Thabo Sefolsha
PG: Kirk Hinrich/ Damon Stoudamire/ Andre Barrett
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #36
def 7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

def 7 has an OK reputation so far
Arrow Re: Latest rumor involving Gasol and Bulls

Gasol is a GREAT player BUT if i were the Bulls i wouldnt want to give up Deng .... id try to whip up another scenario ;
def 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #37
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

Sweetney+Duhon+PJ+1st Rd Pick(top 5 protected) =

Gasol, Miller
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #38
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Sweetney NO WAY!!
Duhon maybe, but still needs a quality player in this Trade, Deng or Gordon. Plus PJ contract and 1st pick.

Chicago with Gasol, is a contender and in the Final Conference. That's for sure.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #39
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by problym_chyld04
Sweetney+Duhon+PJ+1st Rd Pick(top 5 protected) =

Gasol, Miller

What a joke. Griz two best players both NBA rookies of the year in their prime for 3 bench players and a late 1st rounder. Miller is having his best season is a better shooter than Deng. That would get a loud laugh and a phone slam.
Anyway, the trade with the Bulls is dead. Now that Noc is injured Paxson isn't going to trade Deng. Only way would be to package Miller since he is a small forward too. That goes back to my original trade earlier, Gasol/Miller for Deng,
PJ, T. Thomas, 1st rounder 07. That would be the minimum West would accept. Really, I like the Boston rumor much better. The Grizz already have Rudy Gay at SF so why get Deng. Boston would offer Jefferson and G. Greene who is a shooting guard & Ratliff for Gasol. This would be a much better trade.
Grizz need a good shooting guard with potential more than another small forward.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: