Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Default With the questionable Rondo suspension, does a failure to suspend Melo show bias?

Thoughts? I'll admit, Rondo is a repeat offender but it's not like Melo hasn't had his troubles with the league office in the past.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Default Re: With the questionable Rondo suspension, does a failure to suspend Melo show bias?

Yes. Nash touched a ref today while complaining about a call and we haven't heard a thing about it.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Default Re: With the questionable Rondo suspension, does a failure to suspend Melo show bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Yes. Nash touched a ref today while complaining about a call and we haven't heard a thing about it.
Yeah I heard about it too, wasn't gonna make too big a deal of it because it's Nash and there's no media surrounding it, it'd all be for nought.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Pushxx
Pushxx

The league office hates Rondo more than anybody (other than Sheed ).
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

If you play for Lakers or Knicks you're safe.
Stern loves these two teams.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Derka
Go C's!

Melo bumped a ref during that Celtics game too. Right after he picked up his second foul, as he was heading back to the bench and he pretty clearly was leaning on Tony Brothers barking at him. ESPN had it up there just as plain as day.

But you know how it is...rules only apply when Stern decides you have a reputation.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

wow. i was definitely expecting a suspension.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Melo bumped a ref during that Celtics game too. Right after he picked up his second foul, as he was heading back to the bench and he pretty clearly was leaning on Tony Brothers barking at him. ESPN had it up there just as plain as day.

But you know how it is...rules only apply when Stern decides you have a reputation.

Wow, that's a ridiculous stretch. I don't think Rondo should have been suspended, but you basically wanted Melo to be suspended for leaning in to talk on a ref. Are you serious?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Melo is not going to be suspended because by all accounts he was calm, not raging, not pushing cops, not being restrained. It's an account the Celtics back up if you hear them talking. You get suspended for instigating an incident, there was no incident.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You do realize Rondo also did not comply with the investigation as well, right?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
You do realize Rondo also did not comply with the investigation as well, right?

Bro your on ISH remember?
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
el gringos
Great college starter

You mean suspend Carmelo and garnet right? Surely you don't think that an a verbal altercation between 2 players is a reason to pick 1 of them and suspend them. Don't feel bad just because kg ran away from a challenge from a small forward- he has ran away from a fight with little Andre miller
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
ispin69
Banned

They're probably reviewing all the tapes from the game (from all angles to try and piece together who said what if they can) and the after game tape.

No doubt Melo is getting suspended, but how long. I mean come on he rolled in there with a dozen guys trying to pick a fight with KG as he was trying to get on the team bus. The same bullsh*t thug gang mentality the league has been trying to rid of for the past decade. This is a business. I would guess at least 6 games + fines and maybe withhold salary for those games. Have to make an example of this.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispin69
They're probably reviewing all the tapes from the game (from all angles to try and piece together who said what if they can) and the after game tape.

No doubt Melo is getting suspended, but how long. I mean come on he rolled in there with a dozen guys trying to pick a fight with KG as he was trying to get on the team bus. The same bullsh*t thug gang mentality the league has been trying to rid of for the past decade. This is a business. I would guess at least 6 games + fines and maybe withhold salary for those games. Have to make an example of this.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Totally different circumstances.

Rondo made contact with an official, which he knows is off limits since he has been punished for doing it before.

Melo didn't really do anything.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: