Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Varejao to undergo surgery Thursday, out 6-8 weeks

Cavs are going to get a legit draft pick
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whatevs. I'd rather see Andy finish in cleveland. It's not like cavs were going to get anywhere close to Varejao's real value in a trade. His contract is very reasonable so there isn't anything wrong with keeping him.

Let him save some miles on the legs and keep him in Cleveland. Tank mode must be fully engaged now.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Whatevs. I'd rather see Andy finish in cleveland. It's not like cavs were going to get anywhere close to Varejao's real value in a trade. His contract is very reasonable so there isn't anything wrong with keeping him.

Let him save some miles on the legs and keep him in Cleveland. Tank mode must be fully engaged now.

You don't have to engage it.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess he goes too hard in the paint or something.. He was injured last year for like 30-40 games as well. This guy always gets injured. Now that Kyrie just came back it's unfortunate. I guess the Cavs wouldn't mind another top 3 pick.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I guess he goes too hard in the paint or something.. He was injured last year for like 30-40 games as well. This guy always gets injured. Now that Kyrie just came back it's unfortunate. I guess the Cavs wouldn't mind another top 3 pick.

last season he got hacked by Drew Gooden i think and broke his wrist. He could have played but was held out for precautionary (tanking) reasons. The season before he tore some ligament on the top of his foot during a practice and missed a bunch of games. Now its this weird muscle tear.

Just random weird stuff. The bright side is he always seems to bounce back from the injuries better than ever.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
last season he got hacked by Drew Gooden i think and broke his wrist. He could have played but was held out for precautionary (tanking) reasons. The season before he tore some ligament on the top of his foot during a practice and missed a bunch of games. Now its this weird muscle tear.

Just random weird stuff. The bright side is he always seems to bounce back from the injuries better than ever.
Similar to Kyrie, as long as his lower extremities stay uninjured, this really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think weird injuries just seem to go hand-and-hand with his funky playing style.

This doesn't kill the franchise or anything, but with the way Tristan has been playing in his stead and with the way he was playing prior to the injury, not trading him for young talent and/or pick(s) is looking like a potential mistake. It isn't a severe mistake, because Andy has one of the very best contracts in the entire NBA relative to his production, but it did seem like we could've gotten a nice haul for him a month ago.

On the bright side, the Cavs still have tons of young talent and one of the best cap situations in the entire NBA... With Andy or without him.

Not good news, but not exactly the end of the world either.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

Didn't I want him traded anyways. That's a good vet with playoff experience the team needs going forward. He needs his mins cut when he comes back. Don't want to see him playing 35+ mins when he's injury prone. Zelller needs to put on some weight and strength this summer and work on his rebounding. I've seen so many rebounds fly right out of his hands like he has small hands. If they wanted to trade him they should had done it earlier knowing he's injury prone.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Similar to Kyrie, as long as his lower extremities stay uninjured, this really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think weird injuries just seem to go hand-and-hand with his funky playing style.

This doesn't kill the franchise or anything, but with the way Tristan has been playing in his stead and with the way he was playing prior to the injury, not trading him for young talent and/or pick(s) is looking like a potential mistake. It isn't a severe mistake, because Andy has one of the very best contracts in the entire NBA relative to his production, but it did seem like we could've gotten a nice haul for him a month ago.

On the bright side, the Cavs still have tons of young talent and one of the best cap situations in the entire NBA... With Andy or without him.

Not good news, but not exactly the end of the world either.

I still disagree, especially what you may call a "nice haul". I wouldn't even be happy with that hypothetical OKC trade that isn't based on anything other than pure conjecture. PJ3 and Lamb? No thanks.

Think of the environmental benefits Andy gives this team. Think of how much coach Scott idolizes Andy. You gotta think his off the court value is extremely high. I think he remains a cav for the next few seasons because the cavs will never ever get a fair value for him.

You want picks? Ship Gibson and/or Casspi off to a contender that needs more 3pt shooting.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #24
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Luckily, it's nothing that should affect him long term. I'm sure he'll return to normal form. Just going to have wait a little longer if the Cavs want to trade him.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I still disagree, especially what you may call a "nice haul". I wouldn't even be happy with that hypothetical OKC trade that isn't based on anything other than pure conjecture. PJ3 and Lamb? No thanks.

Think of the environmental benefits Andy gives this team. Think of how much coach Scott idolizes Andy. You gotta think his off the court value is extremely high. I think he remains a cav for the next few seasons because the cavs will never ever get a fair value for him.

You want picks? Ship Gibson and/or Casspi off to a contender that needs more 3pt shooting.
Come on, let's be realistic. No one wants Gibson or Casspi. I'm not even sure either of them could make a gameday roster on any of the contenders.

I was a person who was against trading Anderson while he was healthy, but seeing Tristan absolutely blossom in his absence tells me that maybe it is time we hand the keys over TT and let him grow into the position. It is clear he wasn't maximizing his production with Varejao in the lineup.

It is far more important to the future of this team that Thompson develops into a legitimately solid starting player (or more) than anything Varejao may contribute in his 30s on a team which is still a couple years away from contending for the playoffs.

If Varejao and Thompson can find a way to co-exist where they're both playing at a high level at the same time on the same floor, I'm fine with not making a move. But, I don't want to keep Varejao at the detriment of Tristan.

And, Lamb, PJ3 + Toronto's lottery pick is absolutely a "haul."
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #26
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Come on, let's be realistic. No one wants Gibson or Casspi. I'm not even sure either of them could make a gameday roster on any of the contenders.

I was a person who was against trading Anderson while he was healthy, but seeing Tristan absolutely blossom in his absence tells me that maybe it is time we hand the keys over TT and let him grow into the position. It is clear he wasn't maximizing his production with Varejao in the lineup.

It is far more important to the future of this team that Thompson develops into a legitimately solid starting player (or more) than anything Varejao may contribute in his 30s on a team which is still a couple years away from contending for the playoffs.

If Varejao and Thompson can find a way to co-exist where they're both playing at a high level at the same time on the same floor, I'm fine with not making a move. But, I don't want to keep Varejao at the detriment of Tristan.

But OKC wont do anything without trading Perk, and since Perk is a somewhat undesirable contract, the trade will most likely not happen. Sucks for Cleveland, Andy V was killing it this year.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
DukeDelonte13

Quote:

I'm a huge TT supporter from day 1. I'm real excited about his development and what he could potentially grow into. Byron Scott mentioned at the beginning of the season his plan was to eventually bring AV off the bench and work Zeller into the starting lineup. Best of both worlds, we get AV and TT both able to maximize their talents, (and we both know that AV is a monster off the bench) and TT still get to be learn under the tutelage of Andy.

And we have to agree to disagree. I think PJ3 and Lamb are really underwhelming. The toronto pick is enticing but OKC has not been linked to any trade rumors involving Andy as of yet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: