Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ESPN 5-on-5: Kobe Bryant vs Tim Duncan

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-vs-tim-duncan

Decent piece, but the real fun is in the comments section:

http://espn.go.com/nba/conversations...-duncan-debate

a lot of people listed their top 10 GOAT lists there. It's interesting to see the similarities/differences between their consensus and our lists here.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN 5-on-5: Kobe Bryant vs Tim Duncan

They're pretty close all time. I've seen them flip flopped on a lot of lists
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I give Duncan the edge. He always did way more with less and more of game-changer.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I give Duncan the edge. He always did way more with less and more of game-changer.

Did you check out the comments? Some of those casual fans are nuts...
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Did you check out the comments? Some of those casual fans are nuts...

Yea I took a look. Amazing how god damn stupid casual fan comes off
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

I'd take Kobe, personally.

Tim Duncan is and always has been a center, and he's not better than two centers I've seen in my basketball lifetime: Shaq, and Hakeem. Let alone the Kareems, Wilts of all-time.

I'm not even sure he's better than David Robinson in actuality. I also happen to think Duncan is one of the most overrated players ever.

Kobe is a top five guard / perimeter player ever. Duncan, if you call him a center or a power forward (he's not) ... he isn't a top five front court player ever.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

Best non-centers of all time:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Jordan
4. Wade
5. Nash
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt
Best non-centers of all time:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Jordan
4. Wade
5. Nash

This is after Jordan, yes?
KobesFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

a Center/PF..( really a center) vs a SG??......

that's like asking who's better?..Kareem or MJ?....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
White Mamba
@kobemania

White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kobe is on another level, Duncan in a better system.
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
that's like asking who's better?..Kareem or MJ?....
The answer to that is clearly MJ, but I get your idea.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
I'm not even sure he's better than David Robinson in actuality. I also happen to think Duncan is one of the most overrated players ever.

Would want you to elaborate on both, if that's cool with you.

I don't really see the argument for Robinson being better and I've seen many of statistics being debunked in the comparison with Duncan.

Why would he be overrated ? Is this just all-time ranking or as a player ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its so funny how much perceptions have changed in the last 5 years. Look what people said 5 years ago when I said Kobe was better than Duncan on this forum >>>>>> http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71999.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
This is after Jordan, yes?

How could it be after Jordan when Jordan's third on the list?
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Prime vs. Prime

Longevity, as for being best player in the L;
1997-98; Duncan was top 5. Kobe wasn't top 5.
1998-99; Duncan was the best. Kobe wasn't top5.
1999-00; Duncan was the 2nd. Kobe wasn't top 5.
2000-01; Duncan was top3. Kobe was top3.
2001-02; Duncan was top2(Shaq or Duncan). Kobe was top5.
2002-03; Duncan was the best. Kobe was top5.
2003-04; Duncan was the 2nd. Kobe was top5.
2004-05; Duncan was the best. Kobe wasn't top5.
2005-06; Duncan was top5. Kobe was the best.
2006-07; Duncan was top2. Kobe was top2. (po; Duncan - rs; Kobe)
2007-08; Duncan was top5. Kobe was the best.
2008-09; Duncan wasn't top5. Kobe was top3(2nd or 3rd, depends on Wade).
2009-10; Duncan wasn't top5. Kobe was top3(depends on Wade&Durant).
2010-11; Both of them wasn't top 5.
2011-12; Duncan wasn't top 5. Kobe was top 5.
2012-13; Duncan isn't top 5. Kobe is top 5.

Duncan was a top 5 player for 11 straight seasons. Top 3 player for 8 seasons.
Kobe was a top 5 player for 11 seasons. Top 3 player for 6 seasons.

For now, I still have Duncan over Kobe in my goat list. But, for sure, Kobe still has a chance to end up over Duncan.

Lastly, let's not act like Kareem doesn't have a case against Jordan for being the goat player. I'm sick of the people who think Jordan was good enough to be uncomparable. No-one is uncomparable.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: