Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #1591
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Uehara has been a beast off the bullpen since his time with Orioles, but somehow he usually ended up as the 8th inning guy.
I know Koji has always been a very good reliever, but this season he's having, especially the 2nd half has been absolutely unbelievable.

He hasn't allowed a run since July 6th and hasn't allowed and earned run since June 30th. That is a span of 31.2 innings and has allowed a total of 10 base runners during that span. He hasn't even allowed a single base runner the past 10 innings he's pitched, he has just been amazing.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #1592
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Thanks to the Pirates for sweeping Texas. The A's have a great opportunity this week to put some major space between themselves and Texas if they can take care of Minny before a 3 game set at Arlington.

As for the Sox, not only are they running away with the East but they have a solid lead for HFA throughout the playoffs as of now. They might just be the most complete team in the AL and I think their consistency all season has shown proof of that fact.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #1593
scott0326

The thing I love the most about the Sox is its a different guy every single night coming up huge. Tonight, Mike Carp with the pinch hit grand slam in the 10th to win it. The amount of depth this team has is really amazing.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1594
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is "closer's perfect game" Uehara just accomplished something?
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #1595
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MLB Now cut to Detroit this afternoon and there was Leyland showing Johnny Roids how to play left field.

Not sure how I feel about that. He can't be any worse than the revolving door of corpses that have been out there the past few years; right?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #1596
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

So uh..this is what Sammy Sosa looks like now.
He wants to be a white man really bad

Its so bizarre
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #1597
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

**** Redmond. **** the Braves. **** Fredi Gonzalez.

Jose Fernandez is the shit.

I know I'm a day late on this, but jussayin.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #1598
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

That unwritten rules b.s. needs to go away.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #1599
scott0326

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Is "closer's perfect game" Uehara just accomplished something?
He has a Red Sox relief pitcher Record for most batters retired in a row with 34, after pitching another perfect inning and picking up a W last night. I believe MLB record for most consecutive hitters retired by reliever is Bobby Jenks with 40, if I remember correctly.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #1600
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only 5 more hitters for Uehara to break Jenk's 41!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1601
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Rangers refuse to give runs to darvish and are now 5.5 out of the divsion

Quote:
The only other American League pitcher with three 1-0 losses in a season since the advent of the designated hitter in 1973 was Dave McNally for Baltimore, in the initial season with the DH.

Darvish now has 4 1-0 losses and hasn't had a run scored while on the mound for 16 consecutive innings

Last edited by MMM : 09-14-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1602
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

There's two ways to look at this, and I have a foot on both sides, even as a Braves fan.

First, you try to play the game the right way. You especially try to do so when you're a) a rookie and b) are 30+ games under .500. Redmond said it best; who are you showing up? You're one of the worst teams in baseball and you're acting like that? Give me a break. You aren't showing up anyone but yourselves.

Conversely, what Fernandez did was pretty tame IMO, and I understand it. When you get the kind of familiarity divisional opponents get, play them 4 nights in a row, get owned by them all year, AND you're a super competitive young man, OF COURSE emotion is gonna get the better of you sometimes. Not only that, but Justin Upton has strutted probably 10 more HR this year worse than that, you don't hear anything about that because the Braves are a winning team and Upton has presumably "earned" the right to show up opposing pitchers. Similar situation happened earlier this year when Harper admired a bomb then got drilled next AB (another situation where I didn't think Harper was in the wrong at all). So it's obvious the Braves are very touchy about this sort of thing.

To me this was a totally overblown issue. Both sides have a point; move on.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #1603
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I get acting like you've been there before but I don't understand when pitchers get pissed after giving up a HR and drill the guy. How about you ****ing strike him out next time. It's one thing like the Grienke-Kennedy situation when it's retaliation for a purposeful hit though.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #1604
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Rangers refuse to give runs to darvish and are now 5.5 out of the divsion

Darvish now has 4 1-0 losses and hasn't had a run scored while on the mound for 16 consecutive innings
Came in here to post this.

Amazing.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #1605
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Came in here to post this.

Amazing.

Rangers are not a terrible offense in general but what is it that turns an average to above average offense into an historically bad one when Darvish is on the mound???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: