Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1726
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I still don't get this 1-game playoff. One of these years a team is going to have a 10 game lead over the 2nd wild card team, and then miss out on the real playoffs after losing 1 game.

Is MLB really that desperate for the extra revenue from one game or what?

Yeah, it is really stupid. The Pirates just swept the Reds in the final series of the season to win home field in the 1 game playoff instead of just outright winning the wild card. The rule could really screw the Pirates tonight.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #1727
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Trout vs Cabrera II... go!

(even though Cabrera will obviously win the actual vote)

Cabrera's September should drop him out of the MVP i think. 2 XBHs .333 Slugging in the last month due to injury.

I would vote.

Trout
Cabrera
Donadlson
Davis
Cano

I think it finishes
Cabrera
Trout
Davis
Cano
Donaldson
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1728
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I still don't get this 1-game playoff. One of these years a team is going to have a 10 game lead over the 2nd wild card team, and then miss out on the real playoffs after losing 1 game.

All they have to do it win their division. Problem solved.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #1729
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, the Marlon Byrd acquisition is already paying off. He was one of the few players I was kind of hoping the Braves would make a move for and get.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #1730
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Sorta happened to the Braves last year. They won 94 games, finished 6 games ahead of the Cardinals, and lost to them in the Wildcard game.

And as I type this, Martin takes Cueto yard. Shaky inning for Cueto so far.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #1731
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Agreed 100%, btw what do you think of the pitching match ups. I was sure that Verlander would get 1 and 5 despite not being "great" this season. However, with the tigers pitching you couldn't really go wrong, heck even Sanhez is a solid play if they started him for game 1.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #1732
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't deny that argument and it certainly makes division races more interesting but it just seems odd to end a 162 game season with a 1 game playoff. I would either keep it at the old system or have a 3 game series to decide it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #1733
KG215

Quote:
Easy to say when your team was able to win, what, 88 games last year and win their division? While my team won 94 and didn't. I mean it's really not as simple as "all they have to do is win their division". Before last year the Braves and their 94 wins wouldn't have had to mess with the unpredictability of a one game playoff against a team who finished 6 games behind them in the standings, and would've gotten a five game series to try and prove themselves instead.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #1734
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Hell of a game by Price. Bring on Cleveland!
You asked for it.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #1735
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
It means he doesn't trust his Bullpen.

Not a good sign.
the pen has been pretty damn good this year. That's trusting an ace who was having a great game and still had a low pitch count.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #1736
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kinda surprised Verlander is the game 2 guy. Thought Sanchez would have that.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #1737
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You asked for it.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #1738
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Kinda surprised Verlander is the game 2 guy. Thought Sanchez would have that.

I'm guessing it is because Sanchez has better numbers at home vs. road. Similarly the A's are starting rookie pitcher at home rather have him pitch on the road.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #1739
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I'm guessing it is because Sanchez has better numbers at home vs. road. Similarly the A's are starting rookie pitcher at home rather have him pitch on the road.
If I'm not mistaken Verlander does as well, just not by as much of a split.

Personally, I feel more comfortable with Sanchez starting in game 2 regardless of win/loss in game 1 because he's been that good this year. With Verlander I'm one of those Tigers fans hoping that he was laying off this year to save his arm strength to be able to dominate the postseason. So if that's true...awesome. But if it's not it could put the Tigers in a bad position. Which I guess could play a factor in Sanchez going third, if Verlander puts up some weak numbers (in comparison to Verlander of the past two years).
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #1740
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

My dad's team lost (Reds). I hope the Pirates win it all. They have a tough series coming up against the Cardinals. I hate the Dodgers and Red Sox..I hope they get eliminated quickly.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: