Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #166
irondarts

Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Anybody have any experience with MLB.TV on their PS3? I'm considering buying that since it's $130 so I can watch the Rays this year. The alternative is MLB Extra Innings but that's almost $200 and I can't really use it anywhere but on the tv. The only real major concern I have with MLB.TV is the fact that I'd have to stream games.
It's good. And IIRC they archive every single game so you can go back and watch any game you want.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #167
Rose
Roses Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
It's good. And IIRC they archive every single game so you can go back and watch any game you want.
Yep, HIGHLY recommended. I've only had good experiences with it. It's probably better than league pass, which seems to go out randomly.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #168
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Yeah I was thinking about getting it this year. Seems so much better than the cable package. You can use it through a PS3, 360, Roku, WD Live, an Android tablet...
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #169
clipse026
Local High School Star

I went ahead and got MLB.TV. I really like it so far. I was just browsing around some games from last year. They also had a deal for MiLB.TV that's just $20 if you get the MLB season.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #170
Rameek
Krust Kingz

God I havent been this excited about this Yankees team since the early 90's. I love so excited to see who this team plays under self regulated rules of engagement!

20 something Yankee fans must be scared to death.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #171
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I went ahead and got MLB.TV. I really like it so far. I was just browsing around some games from last year. They also had a deal for MiLB.TV that's just $20 if you get the MLB season.

I think it has great features. The only reason I never pulled the trigger on it last year was because the Tigers are featured on the free game of the day so much that I could still watch 1-2 a week without paying. Especially those afternoon games while I'm at work; I love it.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #172
Rameek
Krust Kingz

If Tex is out for the year its pretty much a lost year with the Yankees. No recouping from that defensively or offensively.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #173
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
...its pretty much a lost year with the Yankees.

Quote:
....Wednesday, Cashman acknowledged that the previously indestructible Derek Jeter might also begin the season on the disabled list.

So with Opening Day fast approaching, the Yankees have penciled in Brennan Boesch and Ben Francisco in left, Juan Rivera at first base, Eduardo Nunez at shortstop and Francis Cervelli at catcher.

And the question marks at those four spots isn't the end of the discussion. The Yankees are counting on Ichiro Suzuki (right), Travis Hafner (designated hitter) and Kevin Youkilis (third), but have no idea how much productive baseball they still have in them.

Until Wednesday, they pretty much figured they could count on solid production from three spots: second base (Robinson Cano), center field (Brett Gardner) and shortstop (Jeter). Now they're not so sure about Jeter.

...this spring, the discussion is completely different. In terms of what can be measured and seen, the Yankees do not resemble anything they've put on the field in a long time.

"It's a long season," Cashman said.

"We're going to do everything in our power to make sure that when the dust settles, you're sitting around asking, `How did you figure your way through this?' We're not going to allow it to bury us."

LINK
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #174
irondarts

The Reds announced today that Aroldis Chapman will be their Closer this season.

I don't think that we'll ever see him as a starter. Which kind of sucks because I'd like to see what he could do as a starter, but he's such a dominant closer that it's obviously not a difficult choice to keep him as the closer.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #175
MMM
877-954-1893

I'm so excited that the season is around the corner but i'm concerned about the A's infield especially the middle infield. I think Hiro, Weeks, Lowrie and Sizemore will have me missing Drew/Pennington.

The reports are that the A's aren't very impressed with Hiro in the field or with the bat so it seems like he might be just another failed Japaneses middle infielder. He might actually start in AAA so he can get accustomed to American baseball

I'm also not sure if the A's can get the production they did from the corner infield spots. Hopefully Moss and Donaldson can repeat last years's performances.

The OF should be really strong but Melvin has a difficult job in how he manages who plays in the field. I think it is obvious that Young is superior in CF but Coco's bats suffer when he not in the field.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #176
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Reds announced today that Aroldis Chapman will be their Closer this season.

I don't think that we'll ever see him as a starter. Which kind of sucks because I'd like to see what he could do as a starter, but he's such a dominant closer that it's obviously not a difficult choice to keep him as the closer.

The team really has not handled this whole thing well at all, not surprising considering Dusty Baker is such an old school manager with a linear thought process.

What the team should have done a few years ago, when they were out of contention, was begin this process of turning him into a starter when there was nothing to lose. I'd like to see him start games, but in a season where there are World Series expectations, to have such an unknown every 5th day would possibly hinder that plan.

Also, what we have on our hands now is a 21 million dollar set up guy (Broxton), who has been told all spring that he was going to be the closer. I'm sure he's not real thrilled.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #177
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The team really has not handled this whole thing well at all, not surprising considering Dusty Baker is such an old school manager with a linear thought process.

What the team should have done a few years ago, when they were out of contention, was begin this process of turning him into a starter when there was nothing to lose. I'd like to see him start games, but in a season where there are World Series expectations, to have such an unknown every 5th day would possibly hinder that plan.

Also, what we have on our hands now is a 21 million dollar set up guy (Broxton), who has been told all spring that he was going to be the closer. I'm sure he's not real thrilled.
Saw you got RT'd by Colin Cowherd the other day. Stop being such a hater.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #178
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Saw you got RT'd by Colin Cowherd the other day. Stop being such a hater.

I got some pretty nasty comments from his fans lol

What's your twitter handle? (I use twitter far more than ISH nowadays).
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #179
irondarts

The Angels are very close to trading OF Vernon Wells to the Yankees.

The Angels will pay 29 Million of the 42 Million Dollars left on Wells' contract.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #180
irondarts

The Indians just released Dice-K.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: