Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #1996
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You mean like how he led the majors in opposite field home runs outside of the strike zone? Dipshit.
Neither of those swings he took were trying to, nor would ever have had, a chance at taking the ball the other way. Which you would have noticed if you had even a child's understanding of the game, or the point I just made in general.

Waits for "he was injured so he couldn't let the ball get deep enough for him to take it the other way and just tried to pull it instead."

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 10-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #1997
tomtucker
Suck it Bitch

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

can detroit still win the series ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #1998
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iglesias, damn.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #1999
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

I honestly can't believe Boston is up 2-1 (well it's about to be tied 2-2). The sox offense has been absolute shit this series.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #2000
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Neither of those swings he took were trying to, nor would ever have had, a chance at taking the ball the other way. Which you would have noticed if you had even a child's understanding of the game, or the point I just made in general.

Waits for "he was injured so he couldn't let the ball get deep enough for him to take it the other way and just tried to pull it instead."

Both his swings and misses were outside just off the plate. The exact same place he pops them for opposite field homers, which he led the league in this year despite not being able to do so since early August because of multiple hip and abdominal injuries. Stop being some idiot prick just because you made a dumbass "point" about pressure situations that made no sense and had no bearing in reality.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #2001
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just in case you'd like more proof that you're an idiot-hick.

With a side of shut the fuck up.

Let us not forget the 2 RBI's in pressure at bats tonight; I guess he cured himself of his fear of pressure situations in his dreams.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #2002
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0326
I honestly can't believe Boston is up 2-1 (well it's about to be tied 2-2). The sox offense has been absolute shit this series.

Detroit handed them game 2. Boston hasn't been good at all, that is true. Really want to see the Dodgers win games 6 and 7, but I doubt that happens.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #2003
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- The Cardinals, given the chance to end the NLCS and pull the plug on the Dodgers' season, instead gave them oxygen Wednesday and invited them back to St. Louis.

The Cardinals, who lost 6-4 to the Dodgers, still lead the NLCS 3-2 with the series headed to St. Louis.

Here's a stat that will sends shivers down the spine of Cardinals Nation.

The Cardinals, when up 3-1 in the NLCS, have proceeded to lose seven games in a row.

The combined score: 58-6.

"We get it to Game 7, those things will creep in their heads over there," said first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, who hit two of the Dodgers' club record-tying four home runs.

Oh, the Cardinals can be lethal at elimination time, winning seven of their last eight win-or-go-home games, but it didn't stop Gonzalez from acting like Dr. Phil.

It wasn't just the words, but the antics, hitting the go-ahead home run in the third inning and making a Mickey Mouse ears gesture on his way to the dugout.

The crowd of 53,183 roared. His teammates laughed. The Cardinals seethed.

Gonzalez, of course, was responding to Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright, who told news reporters he didn't care for Gonzalez's "Mickey Mouse antics" in Game 3.

Wainwright accused Gonzalez of yelling at him from the bases. Gonzalez denied it.

"I feel pretty good about having Clayton (Kershaw) pitching on Friday night and our chances of getting a seventh game," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said

link

Quote:
The Tigers evened the ALCS at 2 games apiece with a 7-3 victory over the Red Sox.

Detroit struck early and often as they tagged starter Jake Peavy for 7 runs.

Game 5 will be Thursday night at 8:00 PM ET in Detroit.

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #2004
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Time: 08:07 P.M. EST (Comerica Park)

Doug Fister was the latest Detroit starter to slow Boston's lineup, giving up one run and striking out seven in six innings of a 7-3 win in Game 4 on Wednesday.

The Tigers' starting pitching has allowed three runs while striking out 42 in 27 innings in the series.

Detroit will look to provide more support than it did for Sanchez in a 1-0 victory in Game 1.

Sanchez (1-1, 4.35 ERA) pitched six innings of no-hit ball and struck out 12 while earning the win, and the Red Sox didn't get their first hit until one out in the bottom of the ninth.

Lester (1-1, 1.93) was pretty sharp himself in that contest, giving up one run and six hits in 6 1-3 innings. The only run he allowed came off a bloop single by Jhonny Peralta in the sixth.

The tarp is out because it's been raining on and off in Detroit all day. Nothing hard, but a steady drizzle. I guess that's the best way to describe it.

CBS Detroit says the weather situation will remain the same all day and into the night. At this very moment, it's a playable rain. This wouldn't cause a delay or a postponement during the regular season, but who knows about MLB will approach things in the postseason. There might be a problem if the rain picks up. That isn't expected to happen right now and hopefully it doesn't.

Either way, Game 5 will be played in something less than ideal conditions.

link

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #2005
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputation

Hell of a play by Lester.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #2006
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Hell of a game thus far. Detroit finally putting some offense together. I hate the Redsox, and the Tigers have been fairly successful enough to where they deserve a title; if not a World Series, AL pennant at least.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #2007
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Tigers won in 1935, then again 1945, 1968, 1984, and that's it, I think. Too lazy to look up how many pennants they've acquired ... but four WS isn't that bad; not bad at all. I was thinking they had maybe one, or two at the most before I looked it up. But I still feel they're worth being champs more-so than Boston and I'm speaking purely from a personal desire. I suppose I was thinking of them making it last season, and again back around '05 or '06, just like I wanted the Rangers to win after making the WS twice and having never won one (I think?).

I was glad to see the Pirates make the playoffs, and still wondering when in the hell Kansas City will finally break through. They've been damn close many seasons it seems lately, starting strong and finishing weak or vice versa. One of these days, they'll make it happen.

Strange comparison, but I feel like they're about to be the next Bengals of the MLB - meaning they start to win. They start to become somewhat respectable. An entertaining ball club.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #2008
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That Prince Fielder contract has serious potential of becoming Ryan Howard-esque in a couple years.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #2009
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I think he'll have a bounce back year next year.

The last three to four years of the deal will be terrible value for the team, but I don't think they'll care if they win the WS.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #2010
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputation

Kojiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: