Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #2386
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Baseball contracts blow my ****ing mind compared to every other sport. I seriously don't know where the money comes from.

Baseball has no salary cap. There is just as much money in the other sports if not more, but the owners hide it better and don't share as much with the players.

The funniest thing I ever saw was the NBA and NFL owners crying poverty, and the public believing them.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #2387
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unless the Yankees can get some arms, then the acquisition of these offensive pieces won't mean a thing. Even with all these new pieces, they will still have to find a way to overcome the loss of their best player, and as usual, there is age at key spots.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #2388
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man the phils are having a very uneventful offseason hopefully ruin tomorrow jr. has something up his sleeve for the winter meetings.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #2389
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Baseball contracts blow my ****ing mind compared to every other sport. I seriously don't know where the money comes from.
It is truly ridiculous. TBH the Ellsbury deal is worse than Cano's.

I wonder if the Mariners will allow Cano to wear #24 (Griffey)
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #2390
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
It is truly ridiculous. TBH the Ellsbury deal is worse than Cano's.

I wonder if the Mariners will allow Cano to wear #24 (Griffey)
I hope not. I hate the mariners because I'm a rangers fan but that guy was just amazing and no one could hate that guy
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #2391
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And speaking of jr, the 96 mariners are still the most underachieving team of all time.

Arod in his monster season as a 20 year old throwing up a 356/414/631 season, Griffey in his prime with 303/392/628 , Martinez in his prime with 327/464/595 and jay Buhner throwing up 44 homers with 271/369/557. Also had Paul sorts to with 289/370/507 and even a catcher throwing up 285/330/444.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #2392
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Roy Halladay has retired from baseball.

He's signed a one day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and retired a Blue Jay.

Last edited by irondarts : 12-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #2393
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Roy Halladay has retired from baseball.

He's signed a one day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and retired a Blue Jay.

i loved watching that dude pitch it was an honor. it's crazy how fast he fell off if anyone deserved a world series ring it was him
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #2394
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's too bad. I was really hoping Halladay had another 2 solid years in him to cement his HOF case. I still think he gets in eventually but it might come down to some close votes.

Probably the right move though. He looked like he had nothing left in his arm last year.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #2395
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It sucks that Doc didn't have any major accomplishments with Jays compare to his days with Phillies.

His number will be honoured with the Jays 100%, but it might be tough to get into HoF.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #2396
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even though he no hit my Reds in the postseason, I've always had a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Holliday. I've read stories about his work ethic and saw firsthand just how much he put into this process. Very quick decline, and startling to see. This seemed like the kind of guys who could've pitched until he was 40, but gotta respect a guy who didn't want to keep playing simply for another paycheck.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #2397
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I do not feel as optimistic or hopeful about my Reds right now as I did this time last year. They are going to lose some very talented players, replace them with unknowns, and who knows if they are going to deal Brandon Phillips. If they do, it's probably salary/personal reasons, and they won't get a great return
Old 12-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #2398
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I do not feel as optimistic or hopeful about my Reds right now as I did this time last year. They are going to lose some very talented players, replace them with unknowns, and who knows if they are going to deal Brandon Phillips. If they do, it's probably salary/personal reasons, and they won't get a great return

I think they'll trade for Gardner. I just can't see them going with Billy Hamilton unchallenged atop that lineup. I think the two teams can make a deal. I just hope they don't do a stupid deal and trade Bailey for him.
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #2399
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

i'm not feeling optimistic about the phillies at all. rumors are ruben wants to trade pap and dom brown for a pitcher hasn't he learned that pitching helps keep you in games but you need to score runs to win the game? we made it to 2 world series and won one with a team that mashed the ball. he then made his priority pitching and since then we lost in the nlcs then nlds and then missed the playoffs 2 years in a row.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #2400
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The DBacks better know something that everyone else doesn't because it seems like they got reamed in this 3-way trade. I hope their GM remembers that they are in the NL and can't put Trumbo at DH.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: