Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #241
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

I'll be making my first trip to Dodger Stadium this Friday then ill only have Angel Stadium off my California stadium checklist.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #242
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Didn't take long for the closer problem to rear its head.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #243
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Didn't take long for the closer problem to rear its head.

lol I picked up Coke in a fantasy league, but he can't get righties out. I personally think they should go with Alburquerque or Benoit for the time being. In instances where it's lefty loaded, Coke wouldn't be a bad option...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #244
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Gio went yard, went a decent distance too
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #245
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
lol I picked up Coke in a fantasy league, but he can't get righties out. I personally think they should go with Alburquerque or Benoit for the time being. In instances where it's lefty loaded, Coke wouldn't be a bad option...

Didn't help the runs that were given up to the two lefties the inning before, but he was saving Coke and put out one of the righties who should have closed the ninth. It's OK, won't be long before they open the coffers for someone.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #246
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know it's just 2 games, but B.J. Upton is pissing me off. His plate discipline is awful, so he just swings at any and every thing. He's 0/7 with 4 strikeouts in 1.5 games.

On another note, our 2-3-4 hitting trio has the potential to be scary good. Heyward, Justin Upton, and Freddie Freeman, and the oldest is Upton who's only 25. Evan Gattis got his first career homer in his first career start. I wish/hope Fredi just keeps him at catcher until McCann comes back instead of fatass Gerald Laird.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-03-2013 at 08:13 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #247
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I know it's just 2 games, but B.J. Upton is pissing me off. His plate discipline is awful, so he just swings at any and every thing. He's 0/7 with 4 strikeouts in 1.5 games.

On another note, our 2-3-4 hitting trio has the potential to be scary good. Heyward, Justin Upton, and Freddie Freeman, and the oldest is Upton who's only 25. Evan Gattis got his first career homer in his first career start. I wish/hope Fredi just keeps him at catcher until McCann comes back instead of fatass Gerald Laird.
Get used to it. Upton is going to strike out a ton. But he will at least provide power and speed and defense.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #248
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, Roy Halladay looks like he's done. He was really terrible all spring and he was really terrible today.

And Matt Harvey is really, really good.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #249
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

anyone watching the cards/d-backs
going into extras tied at 8
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #250
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, as long as Upton gives us 20-25 HR and an OPS in the .720 range, I can live with the strikeouts since he will give us great defense in CF. Obviously that OF, with Upton, Upton, and Heyward is going to be sick.

Also, glad I decided to not keep Halladay in my keeper league. I've had him the last 3 years but, after last season, decided to drop him and keep Matt Moore instead. I have no idea if Matt Moore will pan out and live up to his potential, but at least he's still young and got a very high ceiling.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #251
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Papa Grande is back with the Tigers on a minor league deal.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #252
irondarts

I wonder how many times Giancarlo Stanton will be intentionally walked this season. With the lineup the Marlins are throwing out there, I would pretty much just walk Stanton every time he comes to the plate if I were the opposing team.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #253
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like McCutchen wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to steal more bases this season. 4 in the opening series vs the Cubs. He's prob gonna need to be super aggressive on the bases to generate runs with the way guys like Russell Martin are likely to hit.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #254
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I wonder how many times Giancarlo Stanton will be intentionally walked this season. With the lineup the Marlins are throwing out there, I would pretty much just walk Stanton every time he comes to the plate if I were the opposing team.
lol they had polanco batting clean up now dobbs is.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #255
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: