Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #271
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

It wasn't a great day for aces. Some, like Cain, Hamels, Price, Strasburg, and Dickey (does he count as a true ace?) got shelled. And others like Verlander, Weaver, and Darvish got touched up a little bit more than we're used to seeing. Sabathia (pitching against Verlander) and Wainwright (pitching against Cain) were pretty good, though.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #272
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Halladay had another terrible start tonight.

4 IP, 5 ER's, 3 Walks, 3 K's and he barely touched 90 MPH.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #273
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Halladay had another terrible start tonight.

4 IP, 5 ER's, 3 Walks, 3 K's and he barely touched 90 MPH.

his command was more concerning,left the ball down the plate to byrd, hit the next hitter with the cutter than served it up to Buck
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #274
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Make that 7 ER's for Halladay, Durbin allowed the men Halladay left on base to score.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #275
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
his command was more concerning,left the ball down the plate to byrd, hit the next hitter with the cutter than served it up to Buck
Yup. His command is gone and he's been very inefficient his first two starts. He looks like he's done, which is a shame. Hopefully he can turn it around.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #276
irondarts

Meanwhile, Matt Harvey is absolutely filthy.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #277
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Rangers win on a controversial called strike
Nathan's 300 save

3-2 count on Zobrist and the ump rung him up, seemed like the ball was off the plate and low but after the replay i can see why the ump made the call. I still think it was a ball but it was closer than my initial thought
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #278
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Nathan's 300 save

3-2 count on Zobrist and the ump rung him up, seemed like the ball was off the plate and low but after the replay i can see why the ump made the call. I still think it was a ball but it was closer than my initial thought
http://www.mlbgifs.com/2013/04/so-ma...ree-call-ever/
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #279
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I turned it off because we looked like trash. Jesus christ that was awful.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #280
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

Sometimes it seems like the Ump just want to go home, didn't a extra inning game a few years ago end on a controversial called strike, i can't really remember that game though.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #281
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

I thought at the time that the Justin Upton trade was a bad move and I think it will prove to be. The guy was an mvp candidate two years ago and they dump him.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #282
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And to think I got laughed at for picking Buchholz late in the draft.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #283
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Nathan's 300 save

That was bullshit. I was at the game. Rays getting shafted again. MLB better discipline that dumbass ump. Anyone who's ever watched just one inning of baseball knows that isn't a strike. What a joke.

Even ignorant drunk obnoxious Rangers fans at the game knew it was a ball.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #284
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I'm feeling really good about dumping Halladay and keeping Matt Moore in my keeper league. Probably would've been a dumb decision anyway, even if Halladay came out strong this year, due to how young and how much potential Moore has.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #285
irondarts

That called third strike in the Rays-Rangers game was absolutely ridiculous. It wasn't even remotely close. I honestly think that Ump should be fired, there's no place for that in MLB.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: