Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #916
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
At present time he has a similar OPS to Dan Uggla, who, incidentally, actually has a better wOBA and wRC+ despite hitting .205 and striking out 102 times so far this year. Uggla's ISO is also significantly (29 points) higher.

Crazy.

I forgot to add Pujols is currently at replacement level according to his WAR as well.
I think it's a combo of him lying about his age and not being on steroids. If you expect a guy to be productive into his mid to late 30's, you better hope he has a steady supply of David Ortiz's Dominican "vitamins" to keep him going.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #917
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He's a piece of shit. The Jays should be feel insanely lucky they even got a couple decent starts out of him.

The Tigers should win 3 out of 4 in this series based on the lopsided pitching matchups. I'd be happy with a split for the Jays.
Jays just DFA'd Wang.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #918
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Unbelievable. No one expected this from him. I have him in a couple of leagues, and it'll be sad when he gets capped. But to bring a pitcher from single-A and bring him to the majors like that. Marlins have been especially careful of him. He has only had starts with 100 or more pitches three times (inlcuding today). I truly think he deserves to be the one representing the Marlins in the AS game.

I know no one wants to hear about other peoples fantasy teams but my dynasty team has to be the best fantasy team in a competitive 12 team league ever.

That's a wicked squad. Do guys even know what they're doing in that league? I'm in a 14 team dynasty league with offline prospects draft; definitely my favorite baseball league. Took over a really crappy team (best hitter was pedroia, best pitcher was buehrle). But all the prospects finally coming up this year. Got Harvey, Cole, Teheran, and Fernandez as the future for my starting rotation. Plus a bunch of prospects that are not too far away...
There's a couple of people who have no clue. But the thing is its a salary cap league(25 man major league roster no minor league roster, 360 dollar salary cap, NO inflation) I sucked my first two years because I went with a couple of big salary guys(Braun @ 50 and so on) and a ton of young guys who weren't in the majors yet(Harper $3, trout $1, profar$1, machado $1, and so on and so forth) I then dealt some young guys for stars and had a bunch of other young guys develop as best you could hope and have continually been aggressive doing that. Iv also been aggressive continually picking up youngsters. I am sad I traded profar and machado last year(for Felix) but I wanted another ace. I'm currently working on a Cabrera trade. The problem is while other people pick up minor leaguers, I'm pretty much the only one who'll pick up a low minor leaguer and stash them.(ie right now after I make a 2-1 trade in going to pick up buxton who shouldn't be a free agent in a league where 40-50 minor leaguers are owned.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #919
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cubs just signed top international prospect OF Eloy Jimenez.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #920
irondarts

The Cubs traded Carlos Marmol to the Dodgers for Matt Guerrier.

Why did the Dodgers trade for Marmol? Who the fvck knows, I guess they just wanted to add another overpaid, underperforming player to the stable. He's a latin Brandon League.

The Cubs have traded SP Scott Feldman and C Steve Clevenger to the Orioles for SP Jake Arrieta and RP Pedro Strop.

Nice deal for the Cubs, Arrieta could really benefit from a change of scenery. O's get a quality starter in Feldman.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #921
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Yankees were getting lucky with awful players playing way over their heads earlier on. They've all finally turned into pumpkins again. Talent wins out in the end and Yankees just have too many injuries right now.

The reinforcements that were supposed to arrive towards the end of our sugar high did not
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #922
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think it's a combo of him lying about his age and not being on steroids. If you expect a guy to be productive into his mid to late 30's, you better hope he has a steady supply of David Ortiz's Dominican "vitamins" to keep him going.

If he really is 33 and not a player who had used PEDs for years and suddenly stopped then his decline is a bit early.

Even if you look at Barry Bonds before steroids, he was still among the best players in the game at the same age Pujols has been with the Angels. From '96-'98, Bonds averaged .300, 40 HR, 117 RBI, 35 steals and a .448 OBP over those 3 seasons with gold gloves each season. In fact, in '98, he was 34, a year older than Pujols is now.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #923
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
If he really is 33 and not a player who had used PEDs for years and suddenly stopped then his decline is a bit early.

Even if you look at Barry Bonds before steroids, he was still among the best players in the game at the same age Pujols has been with the Angels. From '96-'98, Bonds averaged .300, 40 HR, 117 RBI, 35 steals and a .448 OBP over those 3 seasons with gold gloves each season. In fact, in '98, he was 34, a year older than Pujols is now.

Well, his legs are absolutely shit right now, guy can barely run, that may have some detriment on his play. Plus, we're not certain exactly what time Bonds started using. The general feeling is that he started after McGwire and Sosa went on their little run, but I'm not so certain, he may have just used stronger ped's.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:07 AM   #924
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Well, his legs are absolutely shit right now, guy can barely run, that may have some detriment on his play. Plus, we're not certain exactly what time Bonds started using. The general feeling is that he started after McGwire and Sosa went on their little run, but I'm not so certain, he may have just used stronger ped's.

Yeah, I know he has the plantar fasciitis, but it's been a downward trend for Pujols the last 3-4 years and in general, he looks like an older player than he is. His contract may turn out to be worse than A-Rod's since he's in the second year of a 10 year contract and now a DH who isn't hitting particularly well.

As far as Bonds, well, all of the evidence that pointed to him using roids and PEDs in the first place(15 pound weight gain from '98 to '99, spike in power numbers and Game Of Shadows allegations) suggest he started in 1999. You're right that we can't be certain when he started, but if I had to bet, I'd say he started in the offseason prior to the '99 season. Plus, his numbers were amazingly consistent his first 6 years with the Giants from '93-'98. Virtually no changes year to year.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #925
irondarts

The Rangers have signed Manny Ramirez to a Minor League contract.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #926
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So... someone's gonna give Jeff Francoeur a shot, right?

Hard to believe the guy is only 29. Broke into the bigs so early.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #927
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know they haven't really stunk as much lately, but it still sucks to lose 2 of 3 at home to the f***ing Marlins.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #928
irondarts

Francisco Liriano continues to dominate. Threw a CG today.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #929
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

LoMo has shown some real promise since he's come back. Granted its only 18 games and could just be a hot streak, but he's hitting .328/.418/.569 and just hit his third homer. He's very injury prone, probably from playing so much in OF when he was being blocked at 1B by Gaby and Carlos Lee. I expect a bit of a drop off, but if he can hover around .280 with the power he has that would be great for the Marlins.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #930
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZX525CSvw

Does anyone here remember this shit?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: