Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #946
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Grant Green is getting the call

a bit surprised because i thought nakjima would get the call before green due to SS being more of an issue than 2b. Could be to showcase him in a deal for one of Philly MIs.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #947
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Grant Green is getting the call

a bit surprised because i thought nakjima would get the call before green due to SS being more of an issue than 2b. Could be to showcase him in a deal for one of Philly MIs.
About time.

Green going to play the Zobrist super utility role perhaps?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #948
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's retarded that the MLB allows the All-Star game to determine HFA in the World Series. Even more retarded that the fans are the ones voting players into this pivotal game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #949
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Giants have signed Jeff Francoeur to a Minor League Contract.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #950
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How on earth is Michael Cuddyer a participant in HR derby?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #951
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
How on earth is Michael Cuddyer a participant in HR derby?

Pirates announcers were just ranting about this. Apparently Cuddyer is a long time friend of Wright and because Wright was a team captain he get to chose the participants. Robinson Cano is the AL captain and chose Yoenis Cespedes as the final participant of the HR derby.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #952
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Pirates announcers were just ranting about this. Apparently Cuddyer is a long time friend of Wright and because Wright was a team captain he get to chose the participants. Robinson Cano is the AL captain and chose Yoenis Cespedes as the final participant of the HR derby.

Yeah, I figured it would have to be something like that. Him over Goldschmidt, Pedro, Justin Upton, and Jay Bruce is pretty bad.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #953
irondarts

Cuddyer being in the HR derby is absolutely pathetic. I'm of the mindset that the fans should be able to pick all of the HR derby participants.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #954
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

ricky nolasco just had an excellent first start with the dodgers. i'm stoked we traded for him, we really needed another quality starter with billingsley and beckett gone. dodgers have now won 14 of 17 and 11 of our last 13 against the NL west. headed for the playoffs #vivapuig
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #955
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The hell is up with Matt Cain this year? He's been awful and is sorta kinda single-handily keeping me from making a charge in my fantasy league because my team ERA never gets any better, and I'm second to last in the league in ERA. The rest of my pitching staff is more-or-less giving me what I expected, but Cain is f***ing killing me.

I'm still in 3rd but it's mostly because my batters (Miggy, Cuddyer, Adam Jones, Rios, Craig, Wilin Rosario) are carrying my team. And that's with Matt Kemp being on the DL basically the whole season, and sucking ass the times he wasn't on the DL.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #956
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Legend of Munenori Kawasaki continues!! 3 RBI in the 9th!!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #957
irondarts

Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #958
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The hell is up with Matt Cain this year? He's been awful and is sorta kinda single-handily keeping me from making a charge in my fantasy league because my team ERA never gets any better, and I'm second to last in the league in ERA. The rest of my pitching staff is more-or-less giving me what I expected, but Cain is f***ing killing me.

I'm still in 3rd but it's mostly because my batters (Miggy, Cuddyer, Adam Jones, Rios, Craig, Wilin Rosario) are carrying my team. And that's with Matt Kemp being on the DL basically the whole season, and sucking ass the times he wasn't on the DL.

Cain's velocity is down
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #959
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ed-cosart.html

If the Astros keep him up, I'm curious to see how well he does in the bigs. His milb #'s are concerning after recent failures of premium prospects with low h/9 and < 3 so/bb rates (Drabek, Bauer come to mind).

Quote:
2013 Futures game representatives
Team Players
ARI Archie Bradley, Matt Davidson
ATL Joe Terdoslavich, Christian Bethancourt
BAL Eduardo Rodriguez, Henry Urrutia
BOS Anthony Ranaudo, Xander Bogaerts
CHC Arismendy Alcantara, Jorge Soler
CIN Billy Hamilton, Carlos Contreras
CLE C.C. Lee, Francisco Lindor
COL Eddie Butler
CWS Josh Phegley, Andre Rienzo
DET Jordan Lennerton
HOU Delino DeShields, George Springer
KC Miguel Almonte, Yordano Ventura
LAA C.J. Cron
LAD Joc Pederson
MIA Christian Yelich
MIL Jimmy Nelson
MIN Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano
NYM Noah Syndergaard, Rafael Montero
NYY Rafael De Paula
OAK Addison Russell, Michael Ynoa
PHI Jesse Biddle, Maikel Franco
PIT Dilson Herrera, Gregory Polanco
SD Austin Hedges, Yeison Asencio
SEA Brad Miller, Taijuan Walker
SF Kyle Crick
STL Oscar Taveras, Kolten Wong
TB Taylor Guerrieri, Enny Romero
TEX Joey Gallo, Jorge Alfaro
TOR A.J. Jimenez
WAS Taylor Jordan

Thoughts:
Scouts love Crick right now; he exploded in A ball last year. First opportunity to see Gallo. Twins are sending the 2 best players. Russell has demolished the low minors since being drafted. He's going to finish a full season in the California league before his 20th birthday, and he's going to finish strong.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #960
irondarts

It's a joke that Carlos Correa isn't in the Futures Game.

I'm really excited to see Buxton though.

Gallo is not going to play in the Futures game now, he got hurt.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: