Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #1051
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

The Jays suck....
wonder who they sell off over the next few weeks

Josh Johnson to an NL team makes sense especially in the NL east, so maybe Wash or Atl

Buehrle???? does he get moved
Reyes??? I doubt he gets moved but it is more of a pipe dream on my part because i would love to see him in green and gold
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #1052
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Holy shit Grant Ballfour blew a save
his first blown save this season
which ends 45+ straight saves or something counting back from last season
Old 07-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #1053
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
This is an interesting point. The 90's into the mid 00's are referred to as the steroid era, but steroids were available MUCH earlier. I know Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that he and other bodybuilders were using them in the mid/late 60's.

East Germans started a national steroid program in the mid 70s and it's believed to have been rather pervasive throughout the NFL during the same time period. I find it hard to believe it didn't spread to other sports. Starting late 60's everyone was hopped up on black beauties all the time. There's obviously a benefit to an inexhaustible source of energy.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 07-23-2013 at 11:55 PM.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #1054
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
What are the long term health effects of PED abuse? You really want this to become encouraged within baseball, where athletes are essentially forced to put this stuff in their body in order to compete? You don't believe it will encourage athletes to start using at younger and younger ages? Do you think that's a great idea?

Doesn't have to be encouraged. Not everyone currently follows proper nutrition or workout regimen. Just like anything it can be abused. Moderate uses of HGH and anabolic steroids can't be much more dangerous than anything else out there.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #1055
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
The Marlins suck....
wonder who they sell off over the next few weeks

Josh Johnson to an AL team makes sense especially in the AL east

Reyes??? I doubt he gets moved but it is more of a pipe dream on my part because i would love to see him in green and gold

Fixed as a post that could've been made a year ago
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #1056
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Fixed as a post that could've been made a year ago
Still, it is Jays now.

They need to bring Kawasaki back..... umm...... maybe not?
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #1057
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Josh Johnson to an NL team makes sense especially in the NL east, so maybe Wash or Atl

- JJ's value is probably shit right now. You may as well hold onto him and give the qualifying offer which he hopefully declines and you get a draft pick for. If some team can give a better value than a draft (which mean additional draft pool money) then yea, sure.

- Reyes isn't going anywhere.
- If some team wants to take on Buehrle's contract, sure!
- If what the Orioles gave up for K-Rod is the going price for relievers then I hope the Jays are looking to sell their bullpen. Oliver and Janssen should be made available. Maybe Cecil too.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #1058
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

I personally would put Bonds, Clemens and McGwire into the HOF without a second though.

I agree. So many HOFers were probably on just as much shit as them anyway.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #1059
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, A-Rod may be banned from baseball for life......
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #1060
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
So, A-Rod may be banned from baseball for life......
That would suck. I would prefer the Yankees to be stuck with that contract and distraction.

Ryan Howard better watch his food and drinks. If I were the Phillies, I'd be dumping illegal stuff in there and anonymously calling the league to test him. Great way to get out of a contract.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #1061
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

How 'bout them RAYS?

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #1062
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Yunel Escobar is one heck of a fielder. I knew he'd be a bargain for the Rays. He might not be the smartest person but a solid baseball player.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #1063
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
How 'bout them RAYS?

last place a few weeks ago to possible division lead
does that give the Jays and their fans any hope????
Old 07-26-2013, 02:01 AM   #1064
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, Verlander has been pretty bad this year. Gave up 7 ER's tonight and now has a 3.99 ERA for the season.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1065
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
last place a few weeks ago to possible division lead
does that give the Jays and their fans any hope????
No. The Jays are done.

There's a reason why the Rays were the popular pick to win the AL East pre-season. At least from what I saw. They are showing that now. I think they'll take the division in the end. The Jays have too many injuries in the starting staff and the guys who aren't injured have underperformed too much. Unless there's another miracle 10+ game winning streak (yeah, right), it's over.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: