Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #1171
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Few days ago the Rangers looked done but it is funny how the Angels can get teams back in the right direction. 3 straight walk offs later and their only 4 games behind Oakland with a big 3 game set this weekend in the East Bay.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #1172
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like seeing the Pirates take the first 4 from the Cards but, on another note, this has been a disastrous road trip for the Cardinals so far, and they've still got one more against the Pirates, and three in Cincy.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #1173
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

Hoping the Indians finally ****ing drop a game tonight.
Never!

but we pulled another win out of our ass and finally a team around us loss and we pulled ahead of the Orioles in the wild card race

Last edited by Black Joker : 08-01-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #1174
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Never!

but we pulled another win out of our ass and finally a team around us loss and we pulled ahead of the Orioles in the wild card race

You know honestly, I don't think anyone really expected Cleveland to be in contention for the post season this year. I'm somewhat surprised both Boston and Tampa Bay are ahead of the Yankees and Baltimore at this point in the season.

With the issues surrounding the Yanks ATM, understandable, but there's really no reason why Baltimore should be fighting for a Wild-Card, and at this point, looks like neither the Indians or Orioles will get it. Sure Cleveland is on a steady winning streak, but I'd even say the Rangers win the Wild-Card before the Indians.
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #1175
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
You know honestly, I don't think anyone really expected Cleveland to be in contention for the post season this year. I'm somewhat surprised both Boston and Tampa Bay are ahead of the Yankees and Baltimore at this point in the season.

With the issues surrounding the Yanks ATM, understandable, but there's really no reason why Baltimore should be fighting for a Wild-Card, and at this point, looks like neither the Indians or Orioles will get it. Sure Cleveland is on a steady winning streak, but I'd even say the Rangers win the Wild-Card before the Indians.

Cleveland did just sweep Texas last weekend so i'm not so sure about Texas over Cleveland. Texas offensive woes will probably hurt their post season chances. Their only chance is probably winning their division but I don't see them passing the A's.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #1176
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Cleveland did just sweep Texas last weekend so i'm not so sure about Texas over Cleveland. Texas offensive woes will probably hurt their post season chances. Their only chance is probably winning their division but I don't see them passing the A's.

Yeah but they play in separate divisions (not saying that's the only factor, but it's important when it comes to head-to-head matchups/series). Also, sure there's a couple more months before the playoffs, but looks the either Tampa Bay or Boston has that Wild-Card locked unless they just completely slip while either Cleveland or the Rangers stay hot. Can't rule out the O's either.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #1177
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
Yeah but they play in separate divisions (not saying that's the only factor, but it's important when it comes to head-to-head matchups/series). Also, sure there's a couple more months before the playoffs, but looks the either Tampa Bay or Boston has that Wild-Card locked unless they just completely slip while either Cleveland or the Rangers stay hot. Can't rule out the O's either.

which one of these teams would you say has the best shot to win their div???

Balt over Bos and TB
Cle over Det
or Tex over Oak

Call me crazy but i think Cle over Det is the most realistic
as for the WC you might be right that both teams might be coming from the East anyways
Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #1178
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
which one of these teams would you say has the best shot to win their div???

Balt over Bos and TB
Cle over Det
or Tex over Oak

Call me crazy but i think Cle over Det is the most realistic
as for the WC you might be right that both teams might be coming from the East anyways

Excellent point you have there - because I don't see the White Sox being a dominant closing threat pulling way ahead of the Indians ... whereas it's just way too tight and competitive in the other two divisions you listed ... and maybe I read something off somewhere and got mixed up, but I thought you were talking specifically about Wild-Cards.

*edit *

Ahhhhhh, you edited your post at the last moment LOL (just sayin)
Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #1179
Rose
Roses Malone

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Never!

Apparently. Some bullshit going on.

Can't believe how hot both teams are the same exact time now. Almost impossible to put some cushion on the lead, or in the Indians case catch up.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #1180
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

How good is Freddie Freeman? He's having his best year as a pro. I don't think he'll ever be a guy who'll hit 40 homers for you, his swing is way too short for that.

His swing looks like it's almost all hands, and he has some of the quickest hands in the majors. Short, quick and on a line. His splits are good versus lefties as well and he uses all parts of the field. I can certainly see him continue to hit .300/.380 with 25 homers and around 35 doubles every year. Last year it seemed he kept on going on long cold streak, for the most part, he's avoided that this year...
brwnman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #1181
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
How good is Freddie Freeman? He's having his best year as a pro. I don't think he'll ever be a guy who'll hit 40 homers for you, his swing is way too short for that.
Guy has just been a line drive MACHINE this year. Awesome watching him hit. McCann has been on another level lately as well.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 AM   #1182
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Guy has just been a line drive MACHINE this year. Awesome watching him hit. McCann has been on another level lately as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems to have cut down his swing quite a bit it looks like. I think it comes with maturity, people forget that he came into the league at 21 (his first full year I'm counting), and is only 23.
Just looking at some of his advanced stats. His BABIP is quite high at .373, however, everything else looks good. LD% at 28.9% (career high) and his groundball rate has gone down each year and everything else is around career norm (just slightly better).

If there's one thing you can pick on him for is his propensity to strike out; but he takes a fair share of walks and if he's hitting .300 with that, no one is going to complain.

As for McCann, he was coming off a truly horrendous year and something was off. But ever since he's been back from injury, he has been on a tear. Great thing with McCann is he does it with power. Going to be a very interesting offseason for him and the Braves. He is going to be turning 30 and I don't it's wise for the Braves to slot in Gattis at C. However, how much is McCann going to command on the open market?

Also, a move to the AL could help McCann quite a bit, as he'd be able to DH. I want the Jays to get him but I think it's unrealistic. Only way it's a possibility is if Jays can somehow get rid of Buehrle and a NL team pays Josh Johnson. I think the Jays will be players for Howie Kendrick in the off-season, and upgrading C is a must for the Jays...
Old 08-01-2013, 04:52 AM   #1183
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

F the A's and that stupid ballpark!

I understand building ballparks to fit your team, or molding your team based on the home park, but there needs to be some regulations when creating parks. That amount of foul territory should be outlawed; it's ridiculous. As for the sun, I was listening to the broadcast and they mentioned the sun being a factor, but I never thought it was THAT much of a factor. Jays were like little leaguers...
Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #1184
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only time I want the Angles to win some games, and they can't get it done. Honestly, I can't even make fun of my Angels fan friends anymore... it's just too easy.

I texted my friend literally seconds before Beltre hit the game winner tonight with, "here comes another walk-off". He hasn't texted me back.

3 games coming up against the Rangers at home. It's still early, but this series could be big.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #1185
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
As for McCann, he was coming off a truly horrendous year and something was off.
You aren't first person in this thread to say something like this so I guess I just took it for granted that everyone knew: the "something" that was off isn't a mystery. He was hurt badly and he played through it. There's no two ways about it, that's the reason he had the season he did last year.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: