Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #1276
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Los Angeles Dodgers:
1. 2B: Mark Ellis
2. SS: Nick Punto
3. 1B: Adrian Gonzalez
4. CF: Yasiel Puig
5. LF: Jerry Hairston
6. 3B: Juan Uribe
7. C: Tim Federowicz
8. RF: Skip Schumaker
9. SP: Chris Capuano

White flag line up. If the Rays fail to win tonight ...

Worst Dodgers line up of the season.
What is it with managers and a compulsive need to bat awful infielders at the top of the order? This, all those times Zach Cozart hit 2nd for the Reds, the Jays lately batting Izturis or Bonifacio (both fucking horrendous) 2nd and several other examples out there.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #1277
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
What is it with managers and a compulsive need to bat awful infielders at the top of the order? This, all those times Zach Cozart hit 2nd for the Reds, the Jays lately batting Izturis or Bonifacio (both fucking horrendous) 2nd and several other examples out there.

I think Don is trying to top his previous line up card. See how far he can stretch his line up and still manage to squeeze wins. Moron still keeps Agon ahead of Puig.

Line up should be:

Carl Crawford
Andre Ethier
Puig
Agon
AJ Ellis
Uribe
Mark Ellis
Punto
Pitcher.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #1278
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

3 HR game for Josh Reddick
hopefully this is signs of him coming out of his season long funk
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #1279
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Liriano is getting killed right now. I suppose we were do for one of these performances from him.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #1280
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Liriano is getting killed right now. I suppose we were do for one of these performances from him.

Damn dude is getting lit the f'ck up.

7 runs in 2 innings...

Don't worry, we helped you guys with Cards and for greater consolation, Rockies aren't going anywhere.

Edit: 8 runs and inning ain't over. This game is over.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #1281
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Here's the "great pitching" ranks.

9th in ERA
23rd is Quality Starts
11th is BA
10th in FIP
12th in xFIP

Compared to the "awful hitting" ranks.

10th in runs scored
9th wOBA
8th in AVG
8th in OPS
5th in HR's

Yet one is awful and the other is great.

Obviously they play in a hitters park....but they also get to play a major part of their schedule in very friendly pitcher parks within the division like Oakland & Seattle.
I surprised our hitting is ranked that high but I am betting if you just looked at the past couple months it wouldnt be like that.

We have lost a lot of games where our pitcher only gave up a few runs...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #1282
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Past 10 games Rangers have been hot though

5th in homeruns doesn't seem right at all though...I woukd have guessed bottom half even with our park.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #1283
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Speaking of shit lineups, Fredi wasted too much of the year by batting Andrelton Simmons lead-off. I'm sure there's worse players who've hit lead-off for a good portion of the season, but Simmons may be just as bad in the lead-off role as he is good as a fielder. He also, stupidly, hit B.J. in the 2-hole for stretches.

It's not a coincidence that the first game of this 14-game win streak was the first game Fredi finally dropped Simmons down to 8th in the lineup and put Heyward at lead-off.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #1284
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Miguel Cabrera is the best hitter since _______.

??

I guess the obvious answer is Pujols, but let's not include Pujols, and all the steroid/PED guys.

Last edited by KG215 : 08-09-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #1285
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I guess the obvious answer is Pujols, but let's not include Pujols, and all the steroid/PED guys.
Well then what's the point if you're going to exclude so many players, some of who weren't even linked to steroids?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1286
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Well then what's the point if you're going to exclude so many players, some of who weren't even linked to steroids?
For whatever reason, I wasn't even thinking about Pujols when I originally made the post (see the lapse between OP time and edit time) and just went back and said not including Pujols, because I figured someone had seen my post already.

But I'm not sure what you're talking about since I only named one player, but you're acting like I'm excluding many others. If you want to include everyone, including guys who've been linked to steroids and/or PED's, go for it.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #1287
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

"The Hitman"
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #1288
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh well ten wins in a row is good enough I guess.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #1289
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Miguel Cabrera is the best hitter since _______.

??

Ken Griffey???
Frank Thomas???
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #1290
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Oh well ten wins in a row is good enough I guess.

I'm so sick of Albeqerque. Just send him down. I would have rather seen Coke or take a chance running Benoit out there. Or let Smyly go 2 innings.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: