Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #121
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
so bourne is still out there? players need to stop hiring that dick scott boras as an agent.
It's more about teams not wanting to surrender the draft pick that it will cost to sign Bourne.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #122
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After reading more about Bosch, it's down right laughable to believe that Ryan Braun would use this guy as a medical consultant. What a terrible excuse.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #123
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

I wonder how A-rod will look this season.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #124
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
I wonder how A-rod will look this season.

If he plays this season. Remember when many thought he was a lock to break Bonds record? Even I thought he'd do it(though I never thought he was a lock) 700 looks like a stretch now!
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #125
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
If he plays this season. Remember when many thought he was a lock to break Bonds record? Even I thought he'd do it(though I never thought he was a lock) 700 looks like a stretch now!

I was just thinking about this today. I remember I used to wonder to myself who I'd rather have as the home run "king" Bonds or A-Rod. And I decided on healthy Ken Griffey Jr.

I was ALSO thinking that I remember a time where I thought Tiger Woods had a legitimate shot at winning 25 majors. Hindsight is crazy!
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #126
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Felix Hernandez, filthy rich. 7 years, $175 million.

Normally, giving a pitcher than kind of money and years is insane but there probably was no other way he'd stay in Seattle. Can't blame them for going crazy for a player of his caliber.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #127
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Felix Hernandez, filthy rich. 7 years, $175 million.

Normally, giving a pitcher than kind of money and years is insane but there probably was no other way he'd stay in Seattle. Can't blame them for going crazy for a player of his caliber.

LOL he'll be a Mariner for a year and half, then they'll trade that contract to the Yankees. There is no way the Mariners are paying that thing off fully.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #128
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
LOL he'll be a Mariner for a year and half, then they'll trade that contract to the Yankees. There is no way the Mariners are paying that thing off fully.

As a fan of a division rival my perspective on the M's is that they are not necessarily about managing the cap or putting a winning product on the field but turning a profit. While that might be true about most teams I believe Seattle's ownership is actually enjoying quite a bit of success in focusing on profit over on field success. With that being said it seems like fan support has been waning in Seattle and the M's owners are looking to get better in the win-loss column for the short term. Having Hernadez as the face while costly will ensure that they have a cornerstone to sell the fans on.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #129
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

7/$175 for King Felix huh? I can't even imagine how much Kershaw, Price and Verlander will get. Good move for the Mariners though, they have alot of up and coming talent and could be a very good team shortly if they pan out, possibly the San Fransisco Giants of the AL.

Last edited by The GM : 02-08-2013 at 03:23 AM.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #130
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
7/$175 for King Felix huh? I can't even imagine how much Kershaw, Price and Verlander will get. Good move for the Mariners though, they have alot of up and coming talent and could be a very good team shortly if they pan out, possibly the San Fransisco Giants of the AL.
The only one of them getting as much as Felix might be Kershaw due to his age. Felix is still 26, has consistently been at worse a top 5 pitcher in the league that gives you 230+ innings. Verlander is 30 and Price is 26 already.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #131
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The only one of them getting as much as Felix might be Kershaw due to his age. Felix is still 26, has consistently been at worse a top 5 pitcher in the league that gives you 230+ innings. Verlander is 30 and Price is 26 already.

I totally disagree. With Verlander's track record and never being hurt, he'll get close to 200 mill or more over the course of probably 5-6 years (only because he's 30) the risk/reward is well worth it. And Price will get paid by someone whether it be the Red Sox, Baltimore, LAA, or someone else. 26-27 years old as a pitcher is a prime age for most, giving him a 7-10 year deal isn't insane by any means.. he's just as good as Felix (if not better) plus he's left handed, I see no reason why he wouldn't get paid a boat load.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #132
irondarts

The Indians have signed Michael Bourn to a 4 yr/48 million dollar contract.

link

Big offseason for the Tribe:

Hired Francona as Manager
Acquired Trevor Bauer and Drew Stubbs
Signed Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Brett Myers & Mark Reynolds

Last edited by irondarts : 02-11-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #133
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

link

wow, i can't say i was expecting this signing
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #134
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

link

Don't forget the immortal Jason Giambi
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #135
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Besides the Swisher signing, which is bad in terms of dollar, not a bad offseason at all. They got Bauer for cheap too, if he can harness his control, they would have got them an Ace for dirt cheap...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: