Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #1336
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
They were close but kershaw had a better era, more ks and more wins. It's debatable but there was no chance doc was beating him. Dickey on the other hand had a worse era and fewer ks
A tiny bit better ERA in a much easier park to pitch in. More Ks but also more walks. The #'s were basically equal on the surface but Halladay pitched in tougher conditions. As BS as it is, wins pushed Dickey over the edge last year much like they did Kershaw the previous year.

Quote:
There could be an interesting 3 way al cy young race between Felix, scherzer and yu
You give the voters too much credit. Scherzer will win in a landslide at this pace whether he deserves it or not. Wins!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #1337
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
11:16 PM: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is now reporting that the man died after he was taken to the hospital. Just awful.

10:11 PM ET: Terrible news out of Atlanta this evening. According to Alexis Stevens of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a man is in critical condition after falling “at least 30 feet” from an upper deck at Turner Field. His name has not been released. Police said he was transported to the hospital around 9 p.m. ET.

There aren’t many details right now, but the fall occurred during a lengthy rain delay prior to tonight’s game between the Phillies and Braves. Here’s an announcement from the team:

There was an accident earlier tonight at Turner Field with a spectator falling from the upper level. The spectator has been transported to the hospital. The Atlanta Police Department are investigating.

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #1338
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Felix should win the AL Cy Young over Max. There is some precedent here, as Felix won back in 2010 with only 13 wins and Price had 19.

I'd take Yu over Max as well, without even thinking twice.

I prefer Sale's season over Max's as well.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1339
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Felix is the one I'd definitely take over Scherzer. Not to diminish his season because Scherzer has been really good and is finally showing why I intially thought the Tigers won that trade all those years ago. But Felix is, IMO, the best or 2nd best pitcher in the league.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #1340
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Justin Morneau placed on waivers.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #1341
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Felix is the one I'd definitely take over Scherzer. Not to diminish his season because Scherzer has been really good and is finally showing why I intially thought the Tigers won that trade all those years ago. But Felix is, IMO, the best or 2nd best pitcher in the league.
If you prefer doc over kershaw in 2011, you'd have to prefer yu over Felix this year for the same reason
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #1342
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
If you prefer doc over kershaw in 2011, you'd have to prefer yu over Felix this year for the same reason
The difference between Felix and Yu's runs allowed is greater than Roy/Clayton. Felix also has pitched 20 more innings.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #1343
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

No he wouldn't, unless he puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on strike outs.

Doc was behind Kershaw 0.07 in ERA and 0.06 in WHIP.... but had an advantage in FIP.....same IP for both.

Yu is behind Felix 0.36 in ERA and 0.57 in FIP and also 20 IP....Yu has advantage in WHIP.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #1344
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I havent looked it up but I'd imagine that there is a bigger difference in Seattle and Texas than Philly and la(though they have neautralized safeco somewhat) and they have the same xfip
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #1345
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I havent looked it up but I'd imagine that there is a bigger difference in Seattle and Texas than Philly and la(though they have neautralized safeco somewhat) and they have the same xfip
Haven't looked at it either but I would assume the same thing. But 20 innings is a pretty big difference so far.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #1346
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

how come kuroda hasn't gotten any mentions for the AL Cy Young? he's been ridiculous this year; the true ace of the Yankees. he's a little one dimensional and limited in his pitches but he doesn't make many mistakes and he gets guys out. and he's doing this against the toughest division in baseball
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #1347
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The rangers top 3 can match up with anyones(not saying they are better than everyone else's but they can match up) yu and holland are aces and Garza is solid and has a good history in big games.
and if Feliz can come back to form he could be another ace for the Rangers...

with a healthy Feliz the Ranger's pitching is absolutely dominate...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #1348
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and if Feliz can come back to form he could be another ace for the Rangers...

with a healthy Feliz the Ranger's pitching is absolutely dominate...

Besides Yu, I don't see another ace in that staff. Holland and Garza are good #2 options and great #3 options. I lime Holland, he has pitched well and he has good stuff, but I don't buy him as an ace. I think that HR rate will normalize over the course of his career.

As for Garza, he's 29 and a FA after this year. Even if Rangers get him signed, he is pitching better than he is I think. He's not a low 3 ERA, but more closer to mid to high 3 ERA. Once again, they're not bad starters or anything, I just don't think dominant. When I think of dominant starting rotations, I'm thinking when Phillies had Halladay, Hamels, Lee in their rotation (legitimate aces). When the Braves had Smoltz, Glavine and Maddux.

As for Feliz, I read recently that he got shutdown when he felt some pain. But even when he does come back, I don't see him pitching a full season. He has never pitched more than 127 1/3 innings professionally at any level, and coming back from an injury that kept him out (presumably) all of 2013, I don't see Rangers extending him too much beyond maybe 150 innings next year. Pre-injury, he had ace stuff but control was an issue (4.9BB/9 before injury). You hope that was a result of pitching with injury, because with a walk rate that high, there's no way he survives as a starter...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #1349
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Feliz is coming back this year very soon...his little setback was "little"...should be back within a week or two I think. However I think as far as this year goes he will just be a reliever...

Next year I think Feliz is primed to have his best season ever as a pitcher...he is still very young, but who knows with him.

the debate of weather or not Holland and Garza are "aces" just depends on your own personal definition of the word 'ace'. But no this trio isn't up there with the greatest pitching rosters of all time, you're right about that.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #1350
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Rangers have released Manny Ramirez.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: