Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Default Re: BREAKING: Carmelo Anthony suspended one game for confronting Kevin Garnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=12027#ixzz2HWa2Sovd

Complete BS. He never threw a punch. Suspended for what exactly?

And ruining a TNT game...thanks Stern. This was obviously peer pressure from owners as usual. Stern always has to be harder on Knicks and Lakers than anyone else.
Yep.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Default Re: BREAKING: Carmelo Anthony suspended one game for confronting Kevin Garnett

They should just let them fight like hockey players.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Glad to see there's some justice in the league.
For the record, I don't believe it warranted a suspension, as I'm all for an emotionally involved basketball game, but if you suspend Rondo or Cousins, you have to suspend Melo as well.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

definitely deserved the suspension. Personally, I think they should have fined garnett as well.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=12027#ixzz2HWa2Sovd

Complete BS. He never threw a punch. Suspended for what exactly?

And ruining a TNT game...thanks Stern.
There's video, don't play dumb. And it wasn't like Stern cared in almost ruining a looked-forward-to divisional matchup a few days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
definitely deserved the suspension. Personally, I think they should have fined garnett as well.
For what, talking trash? It's well within KG's rights to say whatever he wants, however abhorrent, but it's the responsibility of Melo to brush it off or get baited and live with the consequences.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #21
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

lol **** the fines just let them fight. We pay a lot for tickets. I wanna see that.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
There's video, don't play dumb. And it wasn't like Stern cared in almost ruining a looked-forward-to divisional matchup a few days ago

For what, talking trash? It's well within KG's rights to say whatever he wants, however abhorrent, but it's the responsibility of Melo to brush it off or get baited and live with the consequences.
nah, **** that. This isnt streetball, this is a league where the commish cares deeply about the image. You can be fined for saying something over the line to a ref or for criticizing the league to the media. KGs comments about CV and this statement about melo's wife are just as over the top as cousins verbally confronting elliot.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Quote:
nah, **** that. This isnt streetball, this is a league where the commish cares deeply about the image. You can be fined for saying something over the line to a ref or for criticizing the league to the media. KGs comments about CV and this statement about melo's wife are just as over the top as cousins verbally confronting elliot.

These are grown god damn men, if they can't take someone talking smack in a sport where people have been doing it in this very league for years Carmelo needs to find a different sport, perhaps cricket?
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Quote:
So you seriously think that the league should wire-tap games, and then fine/suspend players based whether a person's comments go over an imaginary "line". Cause that's about what you're calling for. **** that, Bird, Rodman, Jordan would all be rolling in their graves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_3
These are grown god damn men, if they can't take someone talking smack in a sport where people have been doing it in this very league for years Carmelo needs to find a different sport, perhaps cricket?
Thank you.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #25
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
So you seriously think that the league should wire-tap games, and then fine/suspend players based whether a person's comments go over an imaginary "line". Cause that's about what you're calling for. **** that, Bird, Rodman, Jordan would all be rolling in their graves.

Thank you.

These guys would all be banned form the league after the first game
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Nice. The Nets will just inch closer with Carmelo being out. Although a suspension is absurd in my opinion. The confrontation led to squat yet he gets a suspension worth like 200k, or whatever his salary for that game is. I don't like the leash the NBA offices have on these players and management. They tell them what to say, what not to say, how to act, and how to play. And when someone does something minor, they face stupid consequences.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #27
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
You can't take trash talk out of basketball.

Jordan and Bird were notorious trash talkers as was Reggie Miller. It is a part of the game.

Should there be a Trash Talk Manual given out to all the players with prewritten lines they are allowed to use in the game, or should players just be fined if their lips move while they are guarding another player.

Sure KG has regularly crossed the line with his words but the NBA has already become soft enough. With fouls that in the eighties wouldn't have attracted any attention at all now being called flagrants and any display of disapproval of a call resulting in a tech, even if the player is running in the opposite direction from the ref.

I understand Stern wants the NBA to be PG and easy for the average white male to digest (I am white so relax) but softening the game isn't the answer.

Can't wait for Adam Silver.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

I have no problem with Anthony getting suspended. I have a huge problem with the NBA statement saying a player going to confront another is never allowed, etc. because that's a huge load of crap and there have been plenty of situations like this with no suspensions. So basically Melo 1 game is fine, but the NBA is really full of shit.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #29
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Default Re: BREAKIKNG: Carmelo Anthony suspended one game

Wow are you serious. He barely did anything, no punches thrown man.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #30
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: BREAKIKNG: Carmelo Anthony suspended one game

KG the ultimate troll. Love it.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: