Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

Default I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs and

Suns. They are 13-12 against teams over .500 and they are about to be 13-13 since they are currently losing 95-86 to the Suns. So they really haven't shown they can compete with the Top Two Teams in the West and that's the main reason most don't consider the Spurs a championship contender
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #2
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
Suns. They are 13-12 against teams over .500 and they are about to be 13-13 since they are currently losing 95-86 to the Suns. So they really haven't shown they can compete with the Top Two Teams in the West and that's the main reason most don't consider the Spurs a championship contender

They're still a top notch team. Come playoff time, they can still take anybody, as Ginobili(even though I think he is a punkass), Parker and Duncan are as good as any other threesome in the league. The problem is that Bowen is really looking old out there, he looks bad, and is not the same player as he was. Finley is old too, Udrih is not contributing like he once did, and Horry is aging too. Not having Nazr or Rasho is actually hurting the Spurs.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs

they are never an easy out though. They'll be a factor some postseason as always. I'm a Mavs fan but it's hard to get cocky. You never know when their focus finally kicks in and they "turn it on."
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
they are never an easy out though. They'll be a factor some postseason as always. I'm a Mavs fan but it's hard to get cocky. You never know when their focus finally kicks in and they "turn it on."
co-sign
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:32 AM   #5
joewait
National High School Star

Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs and

Quote:

because they lost on the 2nd night of a road back to back?
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #6
Wuxia
Local High School Star

If you watched the game, its really alot closer than the final score. It was a 1 point game I think with about 2 minutes left and the Spurs just clearly ran out of gas.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:37 AM   #7
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs and

If you don't think that Spurs should be mentioned with Dallas and Phoenix, you simply don't know basketball.

They are still a TOUGH team, and Dallas and Phoenix are pretty much playing for the chance to not have to face them in the semis.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
If you watched the game, its really alot closer than the final score. It was a 1 point game I think with about 2 minutes left and the Spurs just clearly ran out of gas.
It was more like a 4-6 point game. That Barbosa three + the foul on Manu is what tipped the scales.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #9
joewait
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
If you don't think that Spurs should be mentioned with Dallas and Phoenix, you simply don't know basketball.

They are still a TOUGH team, and Dallas and Phoenix are pretty much playing for the chance to not have to face them in the semis.
correct. dallas obviously had a much tougher road to the Finals than Miami, if my boys can get the 1 seed they can get to the conf finals with relative ease
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #10
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

Yep, you want to have that #1 seed because the other 2 of the 3 teams are going to be #2 and #3 so that way you get to hold playing one of them off until the WCF's and your opponent will presumably be beat up a bit from having played the other of the powerhouses.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:53 AM   #11
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Duncan, Parker and Ginobili are scary in the playoffs, no matter what their record is.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:53 AM   #12
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

I do think its funny that for once, the Spurs are the team lacking in bench depth, which is why Ginobili is coming off the bench now all of the sudden.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 AM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud
They're still a top notch team. Come playoff time, they can still take anybody, as Ginobili(even though I think he is a punkass), Parker and Duncan are as good as any other threesome in the league. The problem is that Bowen is really looking old out there, he looks bad, and is not the same player as he was. Finley is old too, Udrih is not contributing like he once did, and Horry is aging too. Not having Nazr or Rasho is actually hurting the Spurs.

they can still, but they really don't look like they will. I wouldn't be shocked if they were one and done if they draw Utah or LA either.

The furthest I see them getting this year is the WCFs.

Of course, this is assuming they don't make any trades.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #14
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

They just don't look like they can beat Houston or the Lakers. The lakers had the spurs beat on Sunday and gave the game away. Utah beat the Spurs without Carlos Boozer so I defintely don;t think the spurs are a scary team to face in the playoffs
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #15
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
They just don't look like they can beat Houston or the Lakers. The lakers had the spurs beat on Sunday and gave the game away. Utah beat the Spurs without Carlos Boozer so I defintely don;t think the spurs are a scary team to face in the playoffs
lol well i guess we'll see then. IMO the Spurs are still contenders. Duncan has improved from last year and come playoffs will be playing more minutes. They are the most experienced playoff team they know how to turn it on when they need to.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: