Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #346
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lakers vs. Spurs Official Game Thread

Another game, another L for the Fakers?
Good, this obnoxious franchise needs to sink to the bottom of the pit and never rise up again
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #347
Magic 32
College superstar

Magic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputation

It seems that Kobe's clutchness follows the quality of his teams.

1996-2000 Awful
2000-2004 Great
2004-2007 Awful
2008-2010 Great
2011-2013 Awful
Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #348
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
But Kobe has a no trade clause, and 1 more year on his contract. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Nah, you're taking it way too deep into evaluation.

Kobe just wants top dog on his team no matter his age, and Howard challenges that due to his age and ability.
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #349
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Some of those Ron plays down the stretch were ridiculous. But he made a bunch of plays to.get to that point

He's playing better than he ever has in L.A. but he still has a lot more freedom on offense than he should.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #350
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How'd I miss this? Earl Clark had 22-13-3 on 9/12 shooting? Where'd he come from?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #351
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnystuff
Nah, you're taking it way too deep into evaluation.

Kobe just wants top dog on his team no matter his age, and Howard challenges that due to his age and ability.

I dont think Kobe has a problem with someone taking the reigns if he respects them. I don't know the situation but while he and Shaq bickered, he respected him on the court and fed him when possible. That final season before they broke up was the only time Kobe said "F shaq, Ill beat the pistons." That was more to prove a point he should be chosen.

He doesnt seem to respect Dwight. You never heard of them hanging out for fun like he and Melo, or working out together.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #352
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The same thing that happened to Shaq, Kobes doing to Howard.

Howard just trollin now.
Dwight will get the last laugh when he bolts and leaves the Lakers will a bag of Doritos in return. The 2004 Lakers showed that you can't just stack too much talent on one team. The Nets have a lot of talent but too but the Lakers have 4 starters who each averaged 15 field goal attempts a year at one point in their career. And the team is very uneven. You have Pau who clogs the lane and can't defend. You have Kobe shooting a league leading 22 field goals every game. You have Nash who is playing great on the offensive end, but is invisible on defense. Dwight is purposely letting every defender jump over him and the bench is very inconsistent. It's going to be very weird watching the playoffs without the Lakers this year.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #353
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clark and Hill were lotto picks.. maybe they're late bloomers?
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #354
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Another game, another L for the Fakers?
Good, this obnoxious franchise needs to sink to the bottom of the pit and never rise up again

Agreed.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #355
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Wow, SJax did his stupid things to keep the Fakers in the game and Chokebe proved yet again why his clutch reputation is overrated.

Well done.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #356
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Another shattering loss for the Lakers heading into their next game against OKC
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #357
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Kobe is clearly better than Howard. Why would an inferior Dwight Howard be top dog?
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #358
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
It seems that Kobe's clutchness follows the quality of his teams.

1996-2000 Awful
2000-2004 Great
2004-2007 Awful
2008-2010 Great
2011-2013 Awful
2014-2016 should be awesome then!
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #359
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Dwight will get the last laugh when he bolts and leaves the Lakers will a bag of Doritos in return. The 2004 Lakers showed that you can't just stack too much talent on one team. The Nets have a lot of talent but too but the Lakers have 4 starters who each averaged 15 field goal attempts a year at one point in their career. And the team is very uneven. You have Pau who clogs the lane and can't defend. You have Kobe shooting a league leading 22 field goals every game. You have Nash who is playing great on the offensive end, but is invisible on defense. Dwight is purposely letting every defender jump over him and the bench is very inconsistent. It's going to be very weird watching the playoffs without the Lakers this year.

The "purposely" part is the key to this whole situation. A talented team can overcome unevenness and some weakness and at least make the playoffs. What isn't possible to work through is one of your best players blowing the team off.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #360
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Turned the game off after SJax's shooting drills midway through the 4th. I see we almost came back, Kobe missed a three to tie, and ended up losing.

Best decision I've made in a while to turn that shit off. F*ck watching heartbreakers like that.

15-20

Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: