Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #46
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gt: Okc Thunder @ Min T'wolves

I love Collison, those are the vital hustle plays slowass, useless, low IQ Perkins can never make.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

I love Nick Collison!!

Perkins.....not so much!
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Watch Kendrick when the ball is on the perimeter. I mean when the Thunder have possession. K Perk will often clear the lane through sheer power. He sets low off-ball screens that are almost invisible because they don't lead directly to a catch and shoot like a flair screen. Instead they disrupt the defensive rotation - and you know with the two guys on that team, a bump is all they need.

He's a master at boxing out. His teammates get a pretty fair number of their rebounds because Perkins is ferocious box out

So you would trade you team's starting or even bench Center for him?

Box out comment is just not true, he fails at doing just that and OKC is notorious for allowing too many offensive rebounds. Though he does set useful illegal picks and moving screens as you said.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #49
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Watch Kendrick when the ball is on the perimeter. I mean when the Thunder have possession. K Perk will often clear the lane through sheer power.
Give me any Center and the league and they'd do the exact same on the team.

Quote:
He sets low off-ball screens that are almost invisible
Half of them are illegal screens not being called if you watch them.

Quote:
He's a master at boxing out. His teammates get a pretty fair number of their rebounds because Perkins is ferocious box out
We dont need boxing out. We need more rebounding from him, which we dont get. His post defense is overrated as hell. Dont even get me started with his P&R defense.

Any servicable Center in the league gives what Perkins gives us, and much more.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #50
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
So you would trade you team's starting or even bench Center for him?

Box out comment is just not true, he fails at doing just that and OKC is notorious for allowing too many offensive rebounds. Though he does set useful illegal picks and moving screens as you said.

No I wouldn't trade Pek for Perk. Yes I'd trade Steamer for Perk to sit bench behind Pek. He'd be a great enforcer a la Chuck Oakley from old days. Ge'd be perfect foul-out-in-8-minutes type

He's had 4 ferocious box out in this second half that I'd noticed. Hey I'm not saying the guy is elite ok? He's a real solid center, does the job the Thunder needs him to do. He's better for the thunder than a lot of centers would be, e.g. Lopez doesn't have the force to do what Perk does
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #51
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
No I wouldn't trade Pek for Perk. Yes I'd trade Steamer for Perk to sit bench behind Pek.

He's had 4 ferocious box out in this second half that I'd noticed. Hey I'm not saying the guy is elite ok? He's a real solid center, does the job the Thunder needs him to do. He's better for the thunder than a lot of centers would be, e.g. Lopez doesn't have the force to do what Perk does
He is getting payed 7+ million just to be a glorified, one dimensional scrub. We can get a LOT better players for that price.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
No I wouldn't trade Pek for Perk. Yes I'd trade Steamer for Perk to sit bench behind Pek. He'd be a great enforcer a la Chuck Oakley from old days. Ge'd be perfect foul-out-in-8-minutes type

I assume you mean Stiemsma? I'd do this in a heartbeat.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #53
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
He is getting payed 7+ million just to be a glorified, one dimensional scrub. We can get a LOT better players for that price.
wow I didn't know it was that much money. does seem like a lot.

My man #14 better be getting a mighty big pay raise at that kinda scale, he's like $4.8 and he's 20x the player Perk ever was at the least
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #54
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I assume you mean Stiemsma? I'd do this in a heartbeat.
yeah that is his nickname
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #55
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alright, up 24 with under 6 minutes to go. Time to get some of the young guys some time off the bench Brooks.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #56
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

Quote:
Hey I'm not saying the guy is elite ok? He's a real solid center, does the job the Thunder needs him to do.

This

He is definitely not bad. Setting up screens, boxing out the opponent's best rebounder, solid post defense..When Timmy was eating Ibaka/Collison during last playoffs, Brooks was forced to bring Perk back in the game and Timmy couldn't do much and eventually they won the series. Same with Bynum. If OKC wants to get past Spurs/Lakers/Grizzlies in the playoffs they need Perkins and his post defense!

His offense? It depends on the PG. For the umpteenth time, Perk averaged 10 ppg while in Boston. Celtic fans hardly complained about him. Heck I wouldn't mind taking back Perk if it's Bass for Perk straight up.
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #57
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OKC with four guards 6'6" or shorter on the floor and Thabeet.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #58
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Westbrook's passing is so damn underrated, he is a Top 5 passer at his position but gets shitted on like he is Nick Young.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #59
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

@ Lou's attempt at a lay up from Rubio.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #60
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
This

He is definitely not bad. Setting up screens, boxing out the opponent's best rebounder, solid post defense..When Timmy was eating Ibaka/Collison during last playoffs, Brooks was forced to bring Perk back in the game and Timmy couldn't do much and eventually they won the series. Same with Bynum. If OKC wants to get past Spurs/Lakers/Grizzlies in the playoffs they need Perkins and his post defense!

His offense? It depends on the PG. For the umpteenth time, Perk averaged 10 ppg while in Boston. Celtic fans hardly complained about him. Heck I wouldn't mind taking back Perk if it's Bass for Perk straight up.
I agree with most of what you said but disagree with the last part. He's had plenty of games this year where he's had easy looks and opportunities to score 10+ points. But he's been very bad at just catching the ball cleanly and, on the rare occasion he does, he's been equally bad at finishing. He's not the same player he was in Boston; especially offensively. He was a threat for an occasional 18/10 or 20/10 game with the Celtics. Now, on his best nights, he's a threat for 10/10.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: