Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 01-31-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Wizards@Raptors GT (7:00 ET)

Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards come back to the ACC tonight after taking a lead in the Eastern Conference standings. Raptor's are going to try and get back to .500.

Starters

TJ Ford, Anthony Parker, Jorge Garbajosa, Chris Bosh, Rasho Nesterovic
Gilbert Arenas, DeShawn Stevenson, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, Brenden Haywood

Key Matchup

Tj Ford returns from an ankle injury tonight and is expected to start. Gilbert Arenas despite 33 points, was pretty much contained in the 2 teams last meeting due to his dislike of afternoon games.

Raptor's have to duplicate the defensive energy they had the last meeting and hope the Wizard's supporting cast has a cold night. Antawn Jamison or Caron Butler have to step up if they want to win this game because Arenas is going to be doubled early and often.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
diabla
o_O

diabla is considered somewhat cooldiabla is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Wizards@Raptors GT (7:00 ET)

Sooo excited for this game tonight! Me and my boyfriend have tickets & I've been waiting for this game for a VERY long time. If we don't get blown out, I'm sure the game will be FAN-TASTIC!

diabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

jamison won't be playing AND they're on the second game of a back2back.

raps have the edge but wizards have been playing amazing since they're rough start to the season...

we have the homecourt, i think we can pull it out.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabla
Sooo excited for this game tonight! Me and my boyfriend have tickets & I've been waiting for this game for a VERY long time. If we don't get blown out, I'm sure the game will be FAN-TASTIC!

A rare female on ISH props to you though. I wish my girl was a b-ball fan.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And as far as the game is concerned, the raptors CAN pull it out, but it worries me that Gilbert is probably gonna be looking for revenge after the last meeting.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Jamison wont play tonite, hes injured and didnt even make da flight to Toronto. Im going to the Game, should be Crackkkkk!!!
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope Gilbert forces it cause if we play him like we did last time, he'll shoot 30%.

It's really up to Butler to play well because he'll not only get good looks, but will be able to free up Arenas a bit if he's scoring. Haywood didn't do much last game like he usually does against us and if that happens this game, I can't see us losing because getting dominated in the paint and on the boards was our main weakness against the Wiz the last few years.

The Wiz can't stop us on offense so it's gonna come down to our defensive strategy and intensity.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I hope Arenas doesn't get 15+ free throws again. We kept bailing him out last game.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

bosh needs to go to town tonight. if washington is smart, they'll but caron butler on him and double whenever bosh tries to post him up.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Dammit Doubletech shut up! we all know Eddie Jordan is so short on defensive ideas that he's stooped to reading ISH for tips, and here you just gave him the golden egg!
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Dammit Doubletech shut up! we all know Eddie Jordan is so short on defensive ideas that he's stooped to reading ISH for tips, and here you just gave him the golden egg!

yes sensei, sorry sensei.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #12
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

its true though, Bosh has trouble with Quicker forwards.

anyways... Yall Think Gilbert will go off tonite?, its a 2nd game of back to back for them.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
jamison won't be playing AND they're on the second game of a back2back.

raps have the edge but wizards have been playing amazing since they're rough start to the season...

we have the homecourt, i think we can pull it out.
like he said the raps have the edge wiz played yesterday and r with jamison so we havve are selfs a ball game
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

i want gilber to get mic'd up. i want to hear "HIBACHI" after every shot he hits.

i can see him going for atleast 25 tonight, maybe more with jamison not there to take away some shots.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #15
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
bosh needs to go to town tonight. if washington is smart, they'll but caron butler on him and double whenever bosh tries to post him up.
nah i just say they should double bosh when ever he gets dt he creates a TO or the raps shoot a 3. it depends on their inconsistent players like mo pete, parker, graham..etc
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: