Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #31
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Wizards@Raptors GT (7:00 ET)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not true at all. He's certainly not a premier defender, but he's got enough quickness to keep Jose out of the paint at least some of the time.

Arenas was brought up well as a defender... but he doesn't play defense all the time...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Arenas is a gambler, has been since Arizona.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #33
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
TJ Ford is questionable for today.

Damn, I swear I saw on the Score Ticker that he was playing today.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #34
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Rasho = difference maker.
Praise the lord! Rasho is a God send!
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #35
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Praise the lord! Rasho is a God send!
I miss him so much.

He hit mid-range jumpers like Blount (but not as well), but also played real good defense and blocked some shots now and then.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #36
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Damn, I swear I saw on the Score Ticker that he was playing today.

actually that's where I saw it. It said TJ Ford is Questionable. That and I saw in an article that he didn't show up for todays shootaround but he'll try it tonight to see if he has anything going.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:03 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I can definitely see the Wizards losing this one. 2nd game of a back to back after a tough game against the best team in the conference... and we're away. and the Raptors have that "swarm Gilbert like a mfer" approach to defense meaning the other guys have to step up. Jamison got injured last game (but is playing anyway) and Caron's sorta having a rocky month (missed like 8 shots in a row last night) so it could be iffy.

plus the Raptors always seem to beat us. maybe it's my imagination.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #38
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Toronto, pray you win this game because the Nets are mad and fired up and they will take it straight to the Pistons tonight.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #39
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I can definitely see the Wizards losing this one. 2nd game of a back to back after a tough game against the best team in the conference... and we're away. and the Raptors have that "swarm Gilbert like a mfer" approach to defense meaning the other guys have to step up. Jamison got injured last game (but is playing anyway) and Caron's sorta having a rocky month (missed like 8 shots in a row last night) so it could be iffy.

plus the Raptors always seem to beat us. maybe it's my imagination.

Jamison is playing tonight? Have you heard something recently?

This is the article I read this morning:

WASHINGTON, Jan. 30 (AP)-- Washington Wizards forward Antawn Jamison sprained his left knee in the first quarter of Tuesday night's game against the Detroit Pistons.

Jamison was hurt when he banged knees with teammate DeShawn Stevenson under the basket at the end of a Wizards fast break. Jamison did not return to the game.

Coach Eddie Jordan said Jamison will not travel to Toronto for Wednesday's game against the Raptors.

"We're going to get an MRI on Thursday and then we'll take it from there,'' Jordan said.

Jamison hyperextended the same knee in the first quarter against the Boston Celtics on Jan. 20. Jamison returned to that game, but the knee has been sore in recent days. He was given two days off from practice last week and responded with his two best games of the season: 35 points against Detroit last week and 34 points against Boston on Sunday.

Jamison, averaging 19.3 points and 7.9 rebounds, had surgery on his right knee two years ago.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Jamison is playing tonight? Have you heard something recently?
the Wizards announcers in the broadcast I was watching said that he was fine and sat out the rest only as a precaution and would play the next game.

but I guess since the next game is the next day they're gonna sit this one out. I doubt he'll be out long though. at least I hope not.

I wish Songaila were healthy. with him we wouldn't really miss Jamison that much for the short term especially. as it is he's the least important of the big 3 but is still pretty huge.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #41
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

lets go gilbo
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #42
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I heard Jamison did not even make the flight to Toronto.

And c'mon TJ Ford. C'mon.

I mean, c'mon.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #43
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

word is ford skipped the morning shoot around and will check out his ankle again come gametime.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #44
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gil will go for 40s
Wiz win
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #45
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ford is playing.

I hope he's ready. I hate these "gametime decisions". It makes it sound like he's not 100% and makes it risky.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: