Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
jalbert009
High School JV MVP

jalbert009 has decent reputation
Default Celtics - Nuggets - Suns Trade Idea

Celtics Roster:
Gortat / Wilcox
Garnett / Bass
Pierce / Green / Sullinger
Bradley / Lee
Rondo / Barbosa

Rationale: Celtics need a good Big that can defend and rebound and Gortat is their guy. With Bradley coming back Jet is expendable so he can go.

Nuggets Roster
McGee / Koufos
Faried / Randolph
Gallinari / Brewer
Iguodala / Terry
Lawson / Miller

Rationale: Chandler and Mozgov are not getting enough playing time in Denver and also not playing as well as they used to. They could use a change of environment so they could go. Denver needs a shooter and Jet can be their guy who is clutch and can bring some veteran leadership and championship experience to this young squad.

Suns Roster
Mozgov / Oneal
Scola / Frye
Beasley / Dudley
Chandler / Brown
Dragic / Marshall

Rationale: There have been reports that Gortat wants out of Phoenix a while ago. Chandler was a starter in New York and Mozgov was a rotation player before they were traded to Denver who is stacked in every position. If they could get back to form when they were getting their minutes this trade would be great for the Suns as they get a decent scorer in Chandler who was putting up 16.4ppg / 6rpg in NY and a decent Center in Mozgov who could be developed further if given the minutes.

Thoughts?
jalbert009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Celtics - Nuggets - Suns Trade Idea

Wow actually a decent trade IF its true Gortat is unhappy in the Suns, if thats not true than as the Sun's I don't know if you do it, but im shocked someone posted a decent trade well done.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
jalbert009
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Wow actually a decent trade IF its true Gortat is unhappy in the Suns, if thats not true than as the Sun's I don't know if you do it, but im shocked someone posted a decent trade well done.

Thanks. I'm trying to search for those articles about Gortat being unhappy. I'll post a link to them when I find them.

Edit: here's one

http://arizona.sbnation.com/2012/11/...-marcin-gortat

Last edited by jalbert009 : 01-02-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
NugzFan
College superstar

NugzFan has decent reputationNugzFan has decent reputation

not bad at all
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Ainge needs to get this done. I still don't think the Suns will want to get rid of Gortat just yet.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

In a heartbeat.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this board

Gortat for a 7 footer and a starting SF. Ill take the deal. Good trade for all 3 teams.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Award for best trade idea of 2012/2013 goes to jalbert
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #9
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Award for best trade idea of 2012/2013 goes to jalbert
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Makes sense for all three teams.

Celtics easily get the best deal. Future starting center for an old guy who isn't playing well and, imo, some scrub who will be nothing more than a 11th man?

Nuggets get the worst deal. But Terry is kind of a win now type of move. I don't know if now is the time for that type of move... He would probably excel in that up tempo offense and having Miller feed him the ball in the second unit. I feel like they could get more for Chandler and Moz, tho

It will essentially be: Melo for Gallo, Terry, and Fab Melo I don't know what happened to the picks. But it was only like a late first and a second rounder, no?

Phoenix gets a fair deal all around.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #11
jalbert009
High School JV MVP

Bumping this thread! Make it happen Ainge and we will have a a better chance against Miami in ECF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Nuggets get the worst deal. But Terry is kind of a win now type of move. I don't know if now is the time for that type of move... He would probably excel in that up tempo offense and having Miller feed him the ball in the second unit. I feel like they could get more for Chandler and Moz, tho

Personally I feel Suns get the worst deal as they give up a good Center in a league that is lacking quality bigs. The Nuggets will barely feel Mozgov and Chandler leave as they are barely part of their rotation.

Last edited by jalbert009 : 01-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

As a Suns fan, I think we could do a bit better than that for Gortat. Good C's are hard to come by. If there were picks in the deal, or if a team was willing to take Beasley off our hands as part of the deal, then maybe.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #13
blackification
National High School Star

blackification has decent reputationblackification has decent reputation

Good trade my ass no picks coming back for gortat or good young players. best player in the trade and the team trading him gets shit.
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #14
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

I don't think Ainge will trade Terry.

Bradley and Lee are inconsistent offensive players. They have both unreliable outside jump shots, if you take out Terry from the roster then you'll leave Pierce as the only main threat outside. We still have Barbosa but I doubt if he'll get a decent playing time. Celtics will become one of the worst outside shooting team if you'll remove Terry easily.

Terry might be showing inconsistencies now but he'll be valuable in a playoffs series.

Bass, Lee and Melo are the players that Ainge might trade to get an experienced starting legit Center.

Also, Suns is not looking to win "now" they might ask for younger players or a picks rather than getting Wilson.

Last edited by dbugz : 01-12-2013 at 06:42 AM.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

I actually like this for the Suns.

Gortat is an average center at best, esp now without Nash. Wilson Chandler is underrated imo, he'll get his chance to shine in a team like Phoenix. He isn't a SG however, and Beasley isnt starting anymore either way so it doesnt really matter.

Only concern is our center position. Mozgov/JO isnt a complete rotation, and i dont like it when Scola gets forced to play center.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: