Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If you could add one new thing to basketball, what would it be ..

Change the All-star game from players representing their teams, to where they are born. In Australian Rugby League we have the State of Origin game where players can only play for NSW or QLD if they were born there. However it gets a bit problematic when you try and include players from other states or countries.

So in the NBA they could have an east vs west hemisphere competition. That way players always play on the same team no matter where they are in the league, and they are representing where they were born. Right now East vs West is pretty meaningless.

miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Todays players are so big and athletic I would alter the width of the court by about 10 feet. I think the length is okay as it is. Raise the rim to 11 feet and push the 3 point line out by 2 feet. I think it would open up more flow to the game as the midrange game would become more prevalent and the court would be less congested.

If not the above, then make the game 4 on 4.
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Referees employed by separate company not the NBA.

NBA in Europe.

Get rid of 3 point line.

get rid of stupid defensive circle.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

I'd add myself as the GM of the wizards. Honestly I couldn't do a much worse job than ernie right
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
Sham
Great young streetballer

Sham has an OK reputation so far

Bring back taunting. Players should be able to stare mofos down after they teabag em. Werd.
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let us hear the phucking players on the court talk. I don't need a god dam person to tell me what just happened.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #22
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Taunting.
Mini Cameras in the headband for POV blow bys, dunks, etc. Low Key gonna happen in the next few years
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Power plays...like hockey.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Taunting.
Mini Cameras in the headband for POV blow bys, dunks, etc. Low Key gonna happen in the next few years

lol
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #25
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Change the All-star game from players representing their teams, to where they are born. In Australian Rugby League we have the State of Origin game where players can only play for NSW or QLD if they were born there. However it gets a bit problematic when you try and include players from other states or countries.

So in the NBA they could have an east vs west hemisphere competition. That way players always play on the same team no matter where they are in the league, and they are representing where they were born. Right now East vs West is pretty meaningless.

I really like this idea.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I said this a couple of times but i say it again, you should get an assist if your teammate you gave the pass to hits his FTs... Lot of times you will see for example a PG thread the needle to lets say a PF under the basket, the PF would easily put up 2 pts (layup/dunk) and the PG would get 1 assist... but the PF gets hammered because they dont want him to get that easy bucket and hits his points anyways at the FT line... the PG doesnt get the assist, but he should because he assisted him to those exact points.......

Since the beginning of my basketball interest i always wanted this and always failed to see the logic in why it wasnt implemented... yes it would be unfair to implement it right now, unfair towards the past players i mean, considering how many assists THEY could have gotten....... but the NBA has done this in the past with the recording of blocks & steals remember? Not to mention awards aswell such as DPOY & FMVP..... addition of 3pt line.. hand-checking... and so on and so on...

I kind of want to agree, but the only problem with this is it would strongly favor point guards that had big men who shot high ft%. Better way to implement would be to give 0.5 assists for every pass leading to FTs, so we can still determine who the best passers were independently of the teammate's ft%

Also it should be quite possible over time to catch up with the last 30 years or so I'd imagine -- re adjusting old stats
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #27
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

Relegation would be interesting in the NBA.

Bottom 2 teams of each conference gets bumped down to the D-League - Top 4 teams of D-League gets chance to play in NBA.
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #28
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
Relegation would be interesting in the NBA.

Bottom 2 teams of each conference gets bumped down to the D-League - Top 4 teams of D-League gets chance to play in NBA.

This won't work because players can currently move between d-league and nba team fluidly. But if you expand the idea it might be interesting..

add 4 teams here and 4 teams from europe, then divide the league into A league and B league with 20 teams each, two conferences of 10, same 8 team playoff, 2 A teams who miss playoffs move down, teams who play in finals of B league get the spots.

"A league championship game 3 -- OKC at London"

also -- "Can Kyrie Irving get Cavs out of B league? BECF game 6 to follow"

Last edited by Mrofir : 01-10-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #29
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I said this a couple of times but i say it again, you should get an assist if your teammate you gave the pass to hits his FTs... Lot of times you will see for example a PG thread the needle to lets say a PF under the basket, the PF would easily put up 2 pts (layup/dunk) and the PG would get 1 assist... but the PF gets hammered because they dont want him to get that easy bucket and hits his points anyways at the FT line... the PG doesnt get the assist, but he should because he assisted him to those exact points.......

Since the beginning of my basketball interest i always wanted this and always failed to see the logic in why it wasnt implemented... yes it would be unfair to implement it right now, unfair towards the past players i mean, considering how many assists THEY could have gotten....... but the NBA has done this in the past with the recording of blocks & steals remember? Not to mention awards aswell such as DPOY & FMVP..... addition of 3pt line.. hand-checking... and so on and so on...

I don't think an assist should be rewarded but it should be a sort able stat. On hoopsdata you can sorts assists by FG zones, so they should probably track assists that leads to FT's, not sure how hard that is and I believe some teams already have statisticians who track things like that.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #30
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

4 points from mid court
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: