Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #31
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If you could add one new thing to basketball, what would it be ..

Every year one lucky fan gets to play on a team.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #32
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze is starting to rub some people the wrong way

No more star calls or special treatment, as well as the general ticky-tack call crap that we see in the NBA nowadays. Let them play the damn game. It's time to make basketball a sport again, not a parody.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by haji_d_robertas
Get rid of the three point line.

Screw that!!!! Add a 5 point line for a shot behind the mid court line
That would really make the end of games crazy!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #34
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I said this a couple of times but i say it again, you should get an assist if your teammate you gave the pass to hits his FTs... Lot of times you will see for example a PG thread the needle to lets say a PF under the basket, the PF would easily put up 2 pts (layup/dunk) and the PG would get 1 assist... but the PF gets hammered because they dont want him to get that easy bucket and hits his points anyways at the FT line... the PG doesnt get the assist, but he should because he assisted him to those exact points.......

Since the beginning of my basketball interest i always wanted this and always failed to see the logic in why it wasnt implemented... yes it would be unfair to implement it right now, unfair towards the past players i mean, considering how many assists THEY could have gotten....... but the NBA has done this in the past with the recording of blocks & steals remember? Not to mention awards aswell such as DPOY & FMVP..... addition of 3pt line.. hand-checking... and so on and so on...

Best suggestion yet
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #35
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Best suggestion yet

I pretty sure statisticians record that stat along with things like deflections, however it is just not released to the general population.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would widen the court.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #37
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I would widen the court.

That is common sense right......look how much bigger, stronger and faster the players are now.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #38
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
I kind of want to agree, but the only problem with this is it would strongly favor point guards that had big men who shot high ft%. Better way to implement would be to give 0.5 assists for every pass leading to FTs, so we can still determine who the best passers were independently of the teammate's ft%

Also it should be quite possible over time to catch up with the last 30 years or so I'd imagine -- re adjusting old stats

Well if a PG is smart enough to keep feeding his big man who shoots FT's well for open lay-ups, then more credit to him.

And the dependency of the assist on the player receiving the ball is already there currently as well...some PG's are lucky to have great shooters and finishers and some are not. So it'd be the same thing as that.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #39
20Four
National High School Star

20Four has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Every year one lucky fan gets to play on a team. FOR A WHOLE SEASON

I like this idea!!
20Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #40
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has an OK reputation so far

There was a thread on here a while ago where the OP proposed that all FT's be taken at the end of each quarter (except for the last 5 minutes or so of the fourth quarter).

The game would go by so much faster. And the end of quarter free throw shooting sessions would just be like a little intermission for the fans who don't want to watch free throws. But if you do like watching free throws for some reason, then stick around at the end of the quarter and watch them...no problem.

A potential problem would be of course that the offensive team would lose it's chance for an offensive rebound off of a missed free throw...but hey, I'm sure that happens only like 5% of the time anyway. That's negligible.

Pretty simple. If I was commissioner, I'd do it.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #41
Trentknicks
National High School Star

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

For safety and common sense reasons. .

Move the fans, benches, media & scorers table back 2-3ft from the court so players don't have to worry about rolling their ankles or diving into the crowd.

Not really fair that a player should miss time through injury because a cameraman want's a close up.

Everyone still gets a great experience, but it's safer all round for players.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #42
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I really like this idea.

Only problem is most of the western hemisphere is the pacific ocean
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #43
k0kakw0rld
Local High School Star

k0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryk0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
another ball. that way, Kobe can play all by himself, and his team can play the other ball.
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #44
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberz0044
No East vs West in the playoffs. It would be 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 etc... That way we would see the two best teams in the finals.
+1
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #45
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

The addition of a "Legends Game" during the All Star break, Who would'nt want to see a Kareem - Russel showdown?
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: