Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Can James White trump the GOAT dunk in the dunk contest?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41EFwuBqEUA

greatest dunk of all time?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
AirFederer
Bob Kċre

AirFederer has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Can James White trump the GOAT dunk in the dunk contest?:

I just hate it when they bring in shyt like this. Bad dunk is bad.
AirFederer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know this thread topic was made in jest, but I still find it at least a tiny bit unfortunate that contest is only remembered as the one where Blake Griffin jumped over the hood of a Kia. Each performer (Griffin, McGee, DeRozan, Ibaka) brought something pretty legitimate to the table that year and I was impressed (particularly after the Shannon Brown/Gerald Wallace/Nate Robinson debacle from a year earlier).

And regarding Griffin, I may have actually been more impressed with his misses than his makes, so that was kind of a bummer. He looked like he had a plan where he'd attempt the risky, outlandish dunks, then quickly resort to basic versions of each if he didn't connect on his first few tries. This one was a showstopper for me right off the bat:

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
shallehalle
High School Varsity 12th Man

shallehalle has decent reputationshallehalle has decent reputation

i don't think anyone is beating Vince in 2000, he did sh.. no one ever saw and i have never seen such a reaction from the crowd and players
shallehalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallehalle
i don't think anyone is beating Vince in 2000, he did sh.. no one ever saw and i have never seen such a reaction from the crowd and players
blakes kia optima dunk >
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
winnnaz
I brick open layups

winnnaz has an OK reputation so far

What's so good about it??
He jumps over the hood. Take the car out of the picture and its fkn average.
winnnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnnaz
What's so good about it??
He jumps over the hood. Take the car out of the picture and its fkn average.
yeah but the choir+kia makes the dunk legendary
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
yeah but the choir+kia makes the dunk garbage

Fixed.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

I would be surprised if James White could pull it off.

I like this one by Skywalker back in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVfrwYDjh4
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want them to implement a 1 prop dunk maximum rule.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #11
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Absolutely... you see, James White is the type of a dunker we never had in the NBA dunk contest, not to that magnitude... his one-leg/distance leaping ability is the best i ever seen in the NBA (better than Julius Erving, Lebron James or Michael Jordan)...

What Vince Carter did as the best representative for the two-foot dunkers James White will do that for his one-legged/distance dunkers that ever existed.... any distance dunk that has been done in the past James White i guarantee you CAN (and will) surpass... take Jordans FT line dunk for example, well James White can takeof (from even further) and do an alleyoop or windmill or between the legs while at it...... any of those would be a dunk we never seen in the NBA dunkcontest...

Last edited by pauk : 01-10-2013 at 12:06 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the reason James White won't top Carter is because of shock factor. Vince came before the youtube days and showed us stuff we have never seen before. James White will likely complete things that we have seen him do himself on youtube.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I think the reason James White won't top Carter is because of shock factor. Vince came before the youtube days and showed us stuff we have never seen before. James White will likely complete things that we have seen him do himself on youtube.

Exactly.

Vince Carter covered everything there is about best two-foot dunks and James White will be able to do that with one-leg dunks.... we have to separate those two dunk styles/leaping abilities because each represent pros/cons of what type of dunks you can and can not do.... one leg = distance... two foot = more body control (easier to do advanced 360s and so on)

If James White was able to do those dunks first in the NBA dunkcontest (i mean before his other contests) we would have not seen them, it would have been probably the same "shock factor" Vince Carter had, but thats not the case so he want be able to surpass VC with his rendition of dunks... but i am just glad that he will be able to showcase what one-leg/distance dunking is in the NBA dunkcontest, better than anyone ever did

Last edited by pauk : 01-10-2013 at 12:25 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #14
20Four
National High School Star

20Four has not been impressing people

I know James White can still do all his dunks from the freethrow line...but why are some people saying he lost a step? I havn't see it yet....
20Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #15
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

White is an awesome dunker but he's barely a NBA player. Dude plays 5 mins a game and has a 1 point scoring avg.

BTW I love how you trolls are obsessed w/ BG and the Clippz, makes me happy to see so many LAC troll/hater threads.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: