Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Championship Rotations

Perhaps we don't need to make a major trade to get this team on track. Maybe just a few adjustments will do. I personally like the prospects of this particular rotation

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Morris/Meeks/
Bryant/Ebanks/Jamison
Clark/Hill/Metta
Howard/Gasol/Sacre

That would make us the defense-first team we need to be in order to win, and insure more consistency between units too. Gasol could really play well coming off the bench(u need a legitimate starter coming off the bench in order for your bench to be formidable), and really be the leader of that second unit.

And, I like the way that skill, athleticism, and leadership would be distributed throughout those three units. Can someone print this out and hand it to D'antoni at the next Lakers game.

And when its all said and done, Lakernation can thank me for armchair coaching this team to the 2012-2013 NBA championship.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Championship Rotations

Earl Clark definitely played a huge game for us against a proven championship team.

We're gonna need him to defend guys like Durant, Griffin, and Bosh in upcoming games for us.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I think 'Antoni's idea of defense is to let the opponent score 2 points and then we come down and hit a 3

It's not anywhere near as simple as putting defensive players into the game that makes a good defense, it is how to play defense as a team, knowing what to do as a unit........to go under a screen or over it, who rotates and when, which way to force a guy to the help.......there are a ton of things that a team has to be taught as a team.....not individuals.
You see the Lakers every game, we either have 2-3 guys try to pick 1 guy up or no one picks a guy up and he hits an open shot......there are even times where 3 guys rotate to a non threat away from the basket, leaving good shooters open. Team Defense is not being taught and it really shows.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think 'Antoni's idea of defense is to let the opponent score 2 points and then we come down and hit a 3

It's not anywhere near as simple as putting defensive players into the game that makes a good defense, it is how to play defense as a team, knowing what to do as a unit........to go under a screen or over it, who rotates and when, which way to force a guy to the help.......there are a ton of things that a team has to be taught as a team.....not individuals.
You see the Lakers every game, we either have 2-3 guys try to pick 1 guy up or no one picks a guy up and he hits an open shot......there are even times where 3 guys rotate to a non threat away from the basket, leaving good shooters open. Team Defense is not being taught and it really shows.

lool that first line made me laugh.

The rest is pretty much reasonable. Good defensive guys don't necessarily make a good defensive team. For crying out loud, even Nash is trying to guard his man and he isn't even doing that bad a job. Yet the defensive system is ranked a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10.

I really need to understand from anybody why Jerry Sloan wasn't being considered. A no nonsense guy is what this no-nonsense led team needs. I will never get over that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: