Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Top 5 QBs you've seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
John Unitas
Tom Brady
Dan Marino

Is this in order? This is a pretty great list...I've obviously not seen Unitas like that, but from what I have seen he has legitimate argument for #1 all-time.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Is this in order? This is a pretty great list...I've obviously not seen Unitas like that, but from what I have seen he has legitimate argument for #1 all-time.
no
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Joe Montana
John Elway
Troy Aikman (had alot of weapons, but his accuracy was incredible)
Dan Marino (duper & clayton)
Tom Brady
Brett Farve (Only liked him for half of his career..He was overrated in the 2nd half of his career)

Honorable mentions

Dan Fouts
Warren Moon
Jim Kelly
Phil Simms
Steve Young
Peyton Manning

Nice list those are the names that come to my mind.

Top 5 would be

Elway
Montana
Marino
Manning
Brady
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

In no order

Kordell Stewart
Koy Detmer
Rich Gannon
Elvis Grbac
Drew Bledsoe
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hard to say since there's about 7-8 guys I could put up there. F it, I'll just do it by team:

Cards: Warner
Falcs: Meh, I guess Vick
Ravens: Flacco
Bills: Kelly
Panthers: Was never really high on Delhomme, so Newton I guess
Bears: Harbaugh was better with the Colts, so I guess I gotta go with Cutler
Bengals: Esiason
Browns: Kosar
Cowboys: Quincy Carter
Broncos: Elway
Lions: Don't really want to say anyone, but gotta go with Stafford
Packers: Favre, too early to say Rodgers
Texans: Schaub
Colts: P. Manning
Jags: Brunell
Chiefs: Seems kind of cheap to say Montana, so I'll go with Green
Dolphins: Marino
Vikes: Don't wanna go with someone who wasn't there for long, so I'll say Culpepper
Pats: Brady
Saints: Brees
Giants: Simms
Jets: Tough to say, I guess O'Brien
Raiders: Gannon
Eagles: I prefer Cunningham to McNabb
Steelers: Roethlisberger
Chargers: Fouts
49ers: Montana
Seahawks: Krieg
Rams: Warner
Bucs: ?
Titans: Moon
Redskins: Theismann
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #21
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it's close but I like Brady just a little more

I have a feeling most people will decide who is better based on this year's playoffs...who wins if Den and NE face each other...despite which QB actually plays better in the game
Manning was better.

When Brady was out for the season, Patriots were 11-5 with Matt Cassel. When Manning was out for the season, Colts were 2-14, worst record in the NFL.

Enough said. Brady is a system QB, Manning is the system.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Rodgers (could be 1 when it's all said and done)
4. Brees
5. Favre (didn't see the dude during the 90s which is when he was at his best)
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Manning was better.

When Brady was out for the season, Patriots were 11-5 with Matt Cassel. When Manning was out for the season, Colts were 2-14, worst record in the NFL.

All that means is the Colts were not supremely talented. They couldn't handle the loss of their all-time great QB who was replaced by below average and in the case of Painter, terrible quarterbacks.

Patriots on the other hand, could do so. It's telling of the amount of talent up and down the entire roster (coaching and roster) that Brady had to work with, not the player Brady was.

Brady isn't a system QB. Point blank.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Manning was better.

You shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

I hate that system qb bs. All of the great qbs benefit/benefited from their systems.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I hate that system qb bs. All of the great qbs benefit/benefited from their systems.

Agreed.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

All that means is the Colts were not supremely talented. They couldn't handle the loss of their all-time great QB who was replaced by below average and in the case of Painter, terrible quarterbacks.

Patriots on the other hand, could do so. It's telling of the amount of talent up and down the entire roster (coaching and roster) that Brady had to work with, not the player Brady was.

Brady isn't a system QB. Point blank.
Just makes Manning's case even better, his team sucks dick, Brady's team was stacked like Pancakes.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #28
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Just makes Manning's case even better, his team sucks dick, Brady's team was stacked like Pancakes.

lol at the notion that Mannings team "sucked d*ck". Yeah they were bad once everyone got old, but Manning had some decent team mates.

In Mannings superbowl year, he was throwing to scrubs like Marvin Harriston, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Or are you referring to how terrible the Colts defense was back in the day? Freeney and Mathis made for such a weak azz defensive line, and lets not forget that scrub Bob Sanders was actually healthy during Mannings only superbowl run.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
lol at the notion that Mannings team "sucked d*ck". Yeah they were bad once everyone got old, but Manning had some decent team mates.

In Mannings superbowl year, he was throwing to scrubs like Marvin Harriston, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Or are you referring to how terrible the Colts defense was back in the day? Freeney and Mathis made for such a weak azz defensive line, and lets not forget that scrub Bob Sanders was actually healthy during Mannings only superbowl run.

We've had defensive tackles that nobody can remember for basically all of Peyton's career. We were build on the Dline to play from ahead in siutations like up 7 with a couple minutes left, or at the end of halves.

So in other words, our DLine was flawed. Mathis & Freeney, as good as they are at rushing the passer, were not good defending the run, especially Mathis.

Our secondary.....can any non-colt fans ever remember our corners through Peyton's career? Yes, they can remember Bob Sanders, but look at his game log, he was always injured.

Our Oline after Glenn retired has been amongst the worst in the league.

Manning won more with less than anyone I've ever seen. He masked our problems. However, when you get to the playoffs and play against superior rosters week in and week out, that's why he has a 9-10 record in the playoffs.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #30
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
We've had defensive tackles that nobody can remember for basically all of Peyton's career. We were build on the Dline to play from ahead in siutations like up 7 with a couple minutes left, or at the end of halves.

So in other words, our DLine was flawed. Mathis & Freeney, as good as they are at rushing the passer, were not good defending the run, especially Mathis.

Our secondary.....can any non-colt fans ever remember our corners through Peyton's career? Yes, they can remember Bob Sanders, but look at his game log, he was always injured.

Our Oline after Glenn retired has been amongst the worst in the league.

Manning won more with less than anyone I've ever seen. He masked our problems. However, when you get to the playoffs and play against superior rosters week in and week out, that's why he has a 9-10 record in the playoffs.

I agree with this. I remember Indy having DT's weighing around 250 lbs which made them an obvious disadvantage against the running game. Colts defense always had injury issues to the point where majority of the defense was composed of practice squad players, fillers and late rounders. Such a fragile unit.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: