Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Jared Sullinger

Sully is quietly puting together a superb rookie season, tonight against the rockets he put up 14 & 11 (5 Offensive boards) on 7-8 shooting. He will be a solid starter in the league i hope that the Celtics are able to keep him and dont trade him away. I personally would prefer to keep Sully & Bradley and part ways with Rondo if the right deal was on the table
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jared Sullinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews1
Sully is quietly puting together a superb rookie season, tonight against the rockets he put up 14 & 11 (5 Offensive boards) on 7-8 shooting. He will be a solid starter in the league i hope that the Celtics are able to keep him and dont trade him away. I personally would prefer to keep Sully & Bradley and part ways with Rondo if the right deal was on the table

Dude is a monster rebounder. His game reminds me of Al Horford.

I'll keep Sully, Bradley and Lee and Trade Bass and Green for a Center.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Dude is a monster rebounder. His game reminds me of Al Horford.

I'll keep Sully, Bradley and Lee and Trade Bass and Green for a Center.

Id rather trade Lee and Bass because if we trade Green it leaves no backup to Pierce whereas there is a huge backlog of SG's. Having Bradley, Lee, Terry and Barbosa is overkill. Granted that Green probably has more value but i also think we really need a backup to PP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Lee and Barbosa are the only players I'd part with because of their redundancy.

Everyone else makes up the fabric of this Celtics team, including Jeff Green and Terry. By season's end people will see how important it is for Green to be there for Durant and LeBron.

And there is no right deal for Rondo, as he's been one of the best players of the last THREE postseasons. Bass and Terry are integral for spacing. Our big man rotation of Bass, Sullinger, and KG provides great spacing and defense.

Of course a backup PG or C would be ideal, but everything at this point would be injury insurance. The Celtics are built correctly to beat the best team when they aren't playing lazy.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Solid player. I think he has limited upside as to what he can be, but his floor, at the very least, is a good role player off the bench. Better than most of the players in a usual draft.

What was the injury problem of his that worried teams away? Any problems with it to this point.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #6
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Lee and Barbosa are the only players I'd part with because of their redundancy.

Everyone else makes up the fabric of this Celtics team, including Jeff Green and Terry. By season's end people will see how important it is for Green to be there for Durant and LeBron.

And there is no right deal for Rondo, as he's been one of the best players of the last THREE postseasons. Bass and Terry are integral for spacing. Our big man rotation of Bass, Sullinger, and KG provides great spacing and defense.

Of course a backup PG or C would be ideal, but everything at this point would be injury insurance. The Celtics are built correctly to beat the best team when they aren't playing lazy.

But if you can trade Bass+Lee for a center and have KG provide the spacing which he would do better than Bass, surely that improves the Celtics immensely. IMO Bass is very disposable
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Solid player. I think he has limited upside as to what he can be, but his floor, at the very least, is a good role player off the bench. Better than most of the players in a usual draft.

What was the injury problem of his that worried teams away? Any problems with it to this point.

It was to do with his Back. No problems so far. Sullinger himself came out and said that it was bullshit but thats what you expect him to say but anyways
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #8
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

Something called a bulging disc in his spine? (Spinal disc Herniation)
Affects the spine due to trauma, lifting heavy objects, and unknown other causes

This tear in the disc ring may result in the release of inflammatory chemical mediators which may directly cause severe pain, even in the absence of nerve root compression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_disc_herniation
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #9
Magic bird
The Banner

Its been amazing to watch him develop since his 2 years at Ohio State, Definitely underrated, i hear he is a coachable kid with a winning atitude. Definitely a steal for the Celtics
Old 01-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #10
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews1
But if you can trade Bass+Lee for a center and have KG provide the spacing which he would do better than Bass, surely that improves the Celtics immensely. IMO Bass is very disposable

KG is no longer a PF. He plays 35 minutes of center in the playoffs. He is faster than average 7 footers and anchors the team defense.

Bass is perfect alongside the Celtics starters. He is an elite mid-range shooter and man-to-man defender. He had one of the lowest allowed PPP allowed on isolation plays in the NBA last year.

Even if Sullinger could definitely handle himself as a starter in his first playoff stint, he couldn't do it for more than 30 minutes.

I just don't know what trade is gonna get you a serviceable back-up center and a serviceable back-up PF without giving up too much.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Sully has a nose for the ball.

Side note - Green should not be traded. Stop the nonsense.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #12
Magic bird
The Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

This. Over the last couple games, he has been nearing consistency averaging 12 PPG on 49% shooting
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #13
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

We'll see once the playoffs come.

And about him guarding the likes of Durant and LeBron, I still doubts on him. Last I checked, he let Melo average 30 PPG and he let LeBron massacred him on the offensive side in a playoffs series. He is a below average defender. The only thing I love about him is his versatility to play in the 2-4 spot and that's about it.

It's going to be tough for Ainge now, I don't have problem him trading Lee though I love the kid's energy on the defensive side and he provides athleticism on our backcourt.

Trade Lee, Bass for a legit and not injury prone Center

or

Keep the team intact and sign K-Mart or Andersen

Another missing piece for the Celtics this season is a backup legit PG for Rondo.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #14
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
And about him guarding the likes of Durant and LeBron, I still doubts on him. Last I checked, he let Melo average 30 PPG and he let LeBron massacred him on the offensive side in a playoffs series. He is a below average defender. The only thing I love about him is his versatility to play in the 2-4 spot and that's about it.

His man defense is average give or take, but his team defense has improved the last couple weeks. His biggest weakness is footwork but he's gotten more comfortable.

He's so athletic. If he improves his defensive footwork, he can get up on people more without opening himself up to get beat off the dribble.

On offense, defenders are hard forcing him left when he drives right. He never seems comfortable crossing over or spinning to his left hand mid-drive, and he's forced to shoot over defenders with contested bank shots. His offense has come off one-dribble-drives (great) and 18-foot fadeaways (unnecessarily difficult).

His best results on offense come when he makes decisions quickly without letting the defense set up. This is part of the reason why his one-dribble-drives are so lethal...

It also allows him to quickly move the ball when the help defense comes or dunk the ball if it doesn't show up in time. When he takes too long with the ball, his court vision suffers hugely once he makes his move because the help defense can anticipate when to come.

How the fuck did I just type all this random stuff about Jeff Green? I gotta go sleep...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #15
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
His man defense is average give or take, but his team defense has improved the last couple weeks. His biggest weakness is footwork but he's gotten more comfortable.

He's so athletic. If he improves his defensive footwork, he can get up on people more without opening himself up to get beat off the dribble.

On offense, defenders are hard forcing him left when he drives right. He never seems comfortable crossing over or spinning to his left hand mid-drive, and he's forced to shoot over defenders with contested bank shots. His offense has come off one-dribble-drives (great) and 18-foot fadeaways (unnecessarily difficult).

His best results on offense come when he makes decisions quickly without letting the defense set up. This is part of the reason why his one-dribble-drives are so lethal...

It also allows him to quickly move the ball when the help defense comes or dunk the ball if it doesn't show up in time. When he takes too long with the ball, his court vision suffers hugely once he makes his move because the help defense can anticipate when to come.

How the fuck did I just type all this random stuff about Jeff Green? I gotta go sleep...

Still a softy in my book. Dude mental toughness is questionable also. And you're right about his footwork. His lateral movement is atrocious that he's having a hardtime guarding fast, explosives SFs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: