Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Colin Powell calls out GOP leaders for tolerating racism in the party.

Quote:

My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2467768.html
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Colin Powell calls out GOP leaders for tolerating racism in the party.

I live in the south. republicans barely even hide being racist here. Not that democrats aren't too. Lot of blacks i know seem to hate Mexicans...
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Colin Powell calls out GOP leaders for tolerating racism in the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Quote:

My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable.

according to the article itself, that statement was not a recent one by powell, but one made by his chief of staff lawrence wilkerson back in october.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Quote:

we've had a lot of back and forths on politics you and I but I respect your honesty with this post.

future repped.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I live in the south. republicans barely even hide being racist here. Not that democrats aren't too. Lot of blacks i know seem to hate Mexicans...

Nonsense, such racism does not exist.

Last edited by LamarOdom : 01-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Out of all the people that worked closely with Bush, Powell was always the most likeable. This gives him another +1 in my book.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Out of all the people that worked closely with Bush, Powell was always the most likeable. This gives him another +1 in my book.

An administration that had Dick Cheny and Colin Powell

someone was getting fucked in the ass
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Why is it that when a black man says something about racism people have to slide something slick like this in.

Black people are more tolerant of other races than you give us credit for.

Colin Powell was the first to expose the genocide in Sudan and now this.

They opened a middle school in my neighborhood named after him and he showed up at the opening.

Colin is that guy.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Why is it that when a black man says something about racism people have to slide something slick like this in.

Black people are more tolerant of other races than you give us credit for.

Colin Powell was the first to expose the genocide in Sudan and now this.

They opened a middle school in my neighborhood named after him and he showed up at the opening.

Colin is that guy.

You're a black racist so this post makes no sense.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

being a black nationalist is racist now???
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
being a black nationalist is racist now???

For starters that is stupid since "black" isn't a nationality, it's a race.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
For starters that is stupid since "black" isn't a nationality, it's a race.

Black nationalism just means self determination for the black race and protecting black culture.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
RoboticWang
Larry Legend

RoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation here

There is more accurately a small remaining stream of tolerance in the GOP that is almost totally washed out by the massive Niagara sized torrent of hatred, jealousy, insecurity, greed, and fear that represents mainstream Republican culture today.
RoboticWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Why is it that when a black man says something about racism people have to slide something slick like this in.

Black people are more tolerant of other races than you give us credit for"

No we aren't.

if black people had the power white people do they would probably be just as bad of as we have been historically.

people are scum and the people in power screw over the people who don't have it.

I have a friend who's brother robs Mexicans because he assumes they can't call the police.

I came up amongst five percenters and people who remember life in 1938 south Carolina and Georgia.

I've seen more black racism in my day than white. We just choose to see it differently......possibly because some is justified.

but we arent the most accepting people. I know for fact plenty of people in my family would rather have a dead son than a gay one.

if you left it to us to decide I bet more social issues would go Republican than would happen if only whites could vote.

awful lot of blacks are pretty much rednecks who only vote Democrat because Republicans seem more open in their contempt of us and people like Dick Cheney feel like Darth vader.

we see in Republicans the kind of white people that you know go home and tell ****** jokes partly because now and then they won't even wait to get home.

But we aren't much better. Just have less power.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #15
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No we aren't.

if black people had the power white people do they would probably be just as bad of as we have been historically.

This is my contention also. People get hung up on race, but it isn't race that determines your behaviour but power. Power is corrupting, and everyone is equally corruptible (generally - individual psychology is also a factor). White people (or any people) born into power can also be victims of circumstance (although victim in this case means a victim of ignorance and exposure to warped ideologies rather than suffering).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: