Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default It needs to be discussed. Manning and his shortcomings

Via the postseason.

What's up with them? That interception he threw was terrible. It shouldn't happen. Yet it did. He has what 21 INTs in 20 postseason games. I don't know if I can really bag on the record because teams win games. Yesterday was a loss but its a win if Rahim Moore doesn't make a bonehead error. But manning performance late has me scratching my head.

Still a great QB but come postseason? He makes me look at him sideways.

Tom Brady "Me too"
Eli Manning "Me too"
Tony Romo "no comment"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: It needs to be discussed. Manning and his shortcomings

can't play in cold weather games and has no killer instinct. He is no Tom Brady and it was evident yesterday.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
can't play in cold weather games and has no killer instinct. He is no Tom Brady and it was evident yesterday.

He was playing perfectly fine up until the interception, so that can't be the case. He just has these inexplicable mental lapses late in the game that's puzzling. It's like he turns into a completely different person.

"He is no Tom Brady"? Weren't you just saying a while ago that Brady is a system QB and Manning is the system?

You turn fast
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

It's not like Brady doesn't have his fair share of skidmarks on his playoff resume.

-Lost to the Giants twice in humiliating fashion.
-Humiliated by the Jets in 2010. The same team that they demolished 45-3 just a few weeks before.
-Got smacked by the Ravens in 09

I'd say that Brady only has 1 great playoff performance in the last 4 years. He's a better playoff performer than Peyton, but Brady is far from perfect in the playoffs.

This is why Montana is the GOAT imo. He's superior to both Peyton and Brady as a playoff performer.

Last edited by Heavincent : 01-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

Brady hasnt exactly been lights out in the playoffs in the last 3-4 seasons.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel like Brees isnt discussed enough when we talk about great postseason QBs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's not like Brady doesn't have his fair share of skidmarks on his playoff resume.

-Humiliated by the Jets in 2010. The same team that they demolished 45-3 just a few weeks before.

I'd say that Brady only has 1 great playoff performance in the last 4 years. He's a better playoff performer than Peyton, but Brady is far from perfect in the playoffs.

This is why Montana is the GOAT imo. He's superior to both Peyton and Brady as a playoff performer.

3 SB victories, 5 SB appearances, 136-39 career record and he's not done.

Tom Brady is the GOAT.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
3 SB victories, 5 SB appearances, 136-39 career record and he's not done.

Tom Brady is the GOAT.

1 more super bowl run and I'd probably say he is the GOAT.

I'm just saying that Brady hasn't done much in the playoffs recently.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Arguably the best regular season QB ever. Postseason, not so much, though it's not all his fault.

Waiting for Carbine to jump in.

Montana is the greatest. 4 for 4 in superbowls.

As great as Brady is, he's been exposed in their superbowl failures. Still, he has more rings than Manning.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
He was playing perfectly fine up until the interception, so that can't be the case. He just has these inexplicable mental lapses late in the game that's puzzling. It's like he turns into a completely different person.

"He is no Tom Brady"? Weren't you just saying a while ago that Brady is a system QB and Manning is the system?

You turn fast
He had 2 fumbles (both loss) and 2 picks, although that 1st pick wasn't on him. Again, if you look at the context, those were all huge, especially that pick in OT which sealed the game for the Ravens.

Yes, Brady benefits from the system and Manning is the system. This doesn't change the fact that Brady is a far superior post-season performer and better in the clutch. It's not like I said Brady sucks or anything, I just think that losing Manning hurts more for a team than losing Brady, at lesat in the regular season, 2008 Pats and 2011 Colts proved it, but I'm pretty sure losing Brady in the post-season hurts more.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1 more super bowl run and I'd probably say he is the GOAT.

I'm just saying that Brady hasn't done much in the playoffs recently.

He's still been to two SB's though but that gets overlooked because he lost to the Giants both times in dramatic fashion. I saw you posted the lost to Baltimore and Jets as a way to degrade him but I think that's extremely unfair, every QB loses in the postseason. He's still been the most successful QB this generation and he's still going strong.

Even without the 4th SB victory his postseason record is still comparable to Montana's, Montana struggled in his later part of his career in the postseason as well. I think we can agree that Tom Brady is a top 2 QB of all time atm.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Brady hasnt exactly been lights out in the playoffs in the last 3-4 seasons.
Yes he has and you still need to look at the context of his play and when he dominates. Pure post-season numbers don't necessarily mean how good you were and how clutch you were. Brady comes through in the 4th all the time especially in the post-season and in Superbowls.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:

lol at blaming Brady for losing to the Giants, yeah I'm sure its Brady's fault welker couldn't catch shit in that game. I'm sure its his fault he was constantly getting pressured and having no time to throw.

He didn't even play that bad against the Jets, he threw 1 pick and that was it. It was a miracle how he got them 14 wins that season, they were immature, young, and all short.

lol at blaming him for the Ravens. The year after he came back from ACL injury and no Wes Welker in that game.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySTATUTORY posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

eli inherited all the clutch gene in that family
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
StateOfMind12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think we can agree that Tom Brady is a top 2 QB of all time atm.
don't get why people talk about players they have never seen, unless you saw Montana play, don't comment on him.

Brady is the best QB of this generation and he is the best QB I've ever seen, been watching since late 90s.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: