Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #61
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: It needs to be discussed. Manning and his shortcomings

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Aren't they the #1 and #2 playoff losers of all-time?
I've decided that my Manning hate is stronger than my irritation with your stupidity. Don't really like Favre either. Say what you will.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #62
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Wasn't RG just on Peyton's nuts earlier this week?

Yes. Exactly YES!

And people here are responding to him for some reason. He is here to talk crap and act as if he was with Brady the whole time. He called him a system QB earlier this week.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #63
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

You can't tell me with a straight face and say you would take Peyton over Brady in crunch time. You could see it in Manning's face that he feels uncomfortable under pressure, I have no doubt in my mind he gets scared. All you have to do is look at his facial expression

Brady on the other hand is very calm under pressure and I have never seen an elite QB with his killer instinct, dude has heart.

1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #64
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You can't tell me with a straight face and say you would take Peyton over Brady in crunch time. You could see it in Manning's face that he feels uncomfortable under pressure, I have no doubt in my mind he gets scared. All you have to do is look at his facial expression

Brady on the other hand is very calm under pressure and I have never seen an elite QB with his killer instinct, dude has heart.
I trust Manning over Brady in the regular season in crunchtime, not in the post-season though and certainly not in the cold.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #65
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Giants beat up on Montana too. He just couldnt play them in the super bowl for him to tarnish his 4-0 record there.

So it's ok to lose before the super bowl but its not ok to lose 2 heartbreaking losses in the big game?

Is that what makes Duncan>Kobe? GTFO here with that

Montana is widely considered the greatest QB of all-time by many. He's the popular choice. This not some outrageous statement.

Back on topic, that pick in OT was just a bad decision that you don't expect Manning to make (throwing across his body on the run).

Quote:
I trust Manning over Brady in the regular season in crunchtime, not in the post-season though and certainly not in the cold.

I hate Tom Brady, but I agree for the most part.

Last edited by Kujo : 01-13-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #66
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

Brady is the biggest baby bitch qb of all time.. Dude cries to the refs more than anybody in the whole league.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #67
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manning had a so so game due to the turnovers BUT the biggest reason Denver lost that game is because their secondary played like ass.

Champ Baily got roasted all game and the TD that forced OT was some of worst safety play I have ever seen in the pros.

On top of that John Fox totally turtled multiple times. Running the ball on 3rd down instead of having Manning pass to end the game late in the 4th was nuts considering how poorly their secondary had been playing. Then to just knee it and play for OT when you have 2 timeouts and 31 seconds left with one of the best QBs and best kickers in the league was was a pansy move. They needed to move the ball just 40 yards for a 50 yard FG attempt. Lame lame lame.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #68
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's not like Brady doesn't have his fair share of skidmarks on his playoff resume.

-Lost to the Giants twice in humiliating fashion.
-Humiliated by the Jets in 2010. The same team that they demolished 45-3 just a few weeks before.
-Got smacked by the Ravens in 09

I'd say that Brady only has 1 great playoff performance in the last 4 years. He's a better playoff performer than Peyton, but Brady is far from perfect in the playoffs.

This is why Montana is the GOAT imo. He's superior to both Peyton and Brady as a playoff performer.

False.

Montana's playoff record in 23 starts = 16-7

Brady's playoff record in 23 starts = 17-6

Montana won 4 conference championships. Brady won 5.

Montana had 4 one and dones in the playoffs in his career.

The only reason people think he was better than Brady in the playoffs, is because people simply are only counting his 4 Superbowl games to base it on, and not the whole body of work.

As soon as Brady wins that 4th Superbowl, which will eventually happen sooner or later, he passes Montana instantly all-time.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #69
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Brady needs 2 more Super Bowl WINS to be the GOAT. You can't pass Montana just by tying him. Those 2 losses are a blemish as well. He needs to surpass Montana to take the #1 spot.

Wrong. 4 Superbowls and 6 conference titles > 4 Superbowls and 4 conference titles.

Stop being an idiot.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-13-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #70
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague

As soon as Brady wins that 4th Superbowl, which will eventually happen sooner or later, he passes Montana instantly all-time.

I actually agree.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #71
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Were Montana's numbers better than Brady's? I'm curious.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250837
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #72
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Brady won? Are you sure it wasn't the Patriots?

I could've sworn he had teammates out there blocking, catching, kicking, running, tackling and coaches who coach all week.

Nah, BRADY WON. Screw the other 52 active players and numerous coaches.

Since when did football become tennis?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #73
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember a few years ago, a few Peyton haters(mainly Pats fans) I know saying that Peyton wouldn't be as great as he is if he didn't play in a dome.

His record at Foxborough shows that. And 0-3 in cold weather as well.

Anybody think that is a valid point?
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #74
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I remember a few years ago, a few Peyton haters(mainly Pats fans) I know saying that Peyton wouldn't be as great as he is if he didn't play in a dome.

His record at Foxborough shows that. And 0-3 in cold weather as well.

Anybody think that is a valid point?

No. He just enjoyed one of his best seasons of his career and possible MVP of the league outside.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #75
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember the announcers talking about how Manningpoo got himself a nice set of mittens so he could be warm and snug in that icky cold weather. It's hard to play football in the cold, why can't you people leave Snuggles alone?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: