Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #76
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: It needs to be discussed. Manning and his shortcomings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
No. He just enjoyed one of his best seasons of his career and possible MVP of the league outside.

And choked in the playoffs
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #77
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Brady won? Are you sure it wasn't the Patriots?

I could've sworn he had teammates out there blocking, catching, kicking, running, tackling and coaches who coach all week.

Nah, BRADY WON. Screw the other 52 active players and numerous coaches.

Since when did football become tennis?

Brady = most wins in playoffs history

Manning = most one and done losses in playoffs history

Peyton choked as usual. His playoff stats do not lie.

It's never been his fault according to you. In the past it's been the o-line, the kicker, the defense, Jim Caldwell, the refs, Wayne, etc.

Never Peyton "The GOAT" Manning's fault at all.

I'm trying to think, but I can't get past that GIGANTIC FAIL of a 8 one and done record.

I'm sorry, I can't.

There's no other supposed GOAT figure in any other sport with that kind of failure of a record.

When Brady had a solid defense he racks up 3 rings, meanwhile in Denver Manning has arguably the best d this year and exits first round.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #78
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

How anyone can watch that game last night and come away saying that Denver defense in arguably the best D in the league is astonishing.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #79
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I trust Manning over Brady in the regular season in crunchtime, not in the post-season though and certainly not in the cold.
Manning is 53-57 in the regular season against teams with a winning record
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #80
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
When Brady had a solid defense he racks up 3 rings, meanwhile in Denver Manning has arguably the best d this year and exits first round.
Wait a second, so you mean to tell me the Broncos had the best D this year?

I must have been watching another defense play yesterday than
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #81
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Manning is 53-57 in the regular season against teams with a winning record
W/L is not up to him. What are his numbers?
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #82
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Is it just me or is Carbine putting together arguments that people usually flame pt for?

good question. related note: is manning even better than tony romo?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #83
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
good question. related note: is manning even better than tony romo?
You're kidding right?

It's fair though, part of Manning's narrative is the bad playoff performances. It would be nice if it wasn't but it's fairly consistent. And it's not that he goes into games with worse teams, in his career he's had fairly strong teams.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #84
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, Peyton is getting hammered today, not just in here but all over TV.

Never in my life did I think I would see Peyton get Tony Romo treatment...I guess one ring isn't enough to erase a choked label.

And yes Carbine, these guys have "TEAMS" they play with, its fcking unreal to me that in a game that gets so technical with statistics we have the majority of fans giving QBs full credit with wins and loses. It's just so stupid and simple minded.

Peyton didn't lose that game...the Broncos did, yeah he threw an INT at a bad time but there was a whole hell of a lot more to that game than that moment.

If you want to compare Peyton to Brady or Montana you have to look at individual performance and not wins and loses...(Montana wins in those comparisons)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #85
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Never in my life did I think I would see Peyton get Tony Romo treatment...I guess one ring isn't enough to erase a choked label.

And yes Carbine, these guys have "TEAMS" they play with, its fcking unreal to me that in a game that gets so technical with statistics we have the majority of fans giving QBs full credit with wins and loses. It's just so stupid and simple minded.

Peyton didn't lose that game...the Broncos did, yeah he threw an INT at a bad time but there was a whole hell of a lot more to that game than that moment.

If you want to compare Peyton to Brady or Montana you have to look at individual performance and not wins and loses...(Montana wins in those comparisons)

Exactly.

People are acting like he gave up four touchdowns to a Ravens offense that is not any type of juggernaught. This is the same offense that fired their offensive coach late in the year. People are acting like he was playing safety on that Flacco deep ball at the end of regulation.

People act like that first pick didn't go off the WR hands and was otherwise an on point pass.

People act like he missed that FG early in the game.

Not to mention the poor coaching decisions.

Bottom line - you can only do your part. Manning did just that through regulation. He was very good considering the defense and weather he was playing in. He didn't do his part in the OT, which is why he deserves a certain amount of criticism....but now it has just got blown out of proportion in the sense of now his career is being brought down.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #86
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Such is the life of an NFL QB. You get too much credit for winning, and too much blame for losing. Deal with it.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Such is the life of an NFL QB. You get too much credit for winning, and too much blame for losing. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it, by trying to inform other that it is a stupid way of viewing things. I'm not just going to accept it and jump on the bandwagon with everyone viewing it that way...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #88
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Because he did not play that well in his championship run. He had more INTs than TDs in that run actually.

He was a choker in college and high school. I don't think he'll ever get over it.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #89
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Another knock to Brady is Spygate. He hasn't won a ring since that happened.

He does have a 16-0 season on his record which is amazing, but he didn't win it all that year, so it's kind of a knock at the same time.

Montana was just perfect when he made it to the Super Bowl. 4-0 record. 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions. Before Montana got to SF, the Niners were seriously one of the worst franchises in the NFL. I know it's hard to fathom now, but they were. They were 2-14 and 6-10 in the 2 years prior to him. Then he miraculously turns them around and wins the Super Bowl. Most people can't remember the circumstances around them winning, but it was amazing.

Uh, their defense went from the 20s to #2 in 1981, but you want to say it was all Montana? Also, the Niners had a better winning % with Young at QB than Montana. People go overboard with the Montana love. My Grandma could have led some of those teams to SB wins.

As for Brady, I don't like to count the 1st SB. The tuck rule is ****ing retarded and if the officials didn't constantly show how dumb they are, then I'd wonder why that was still around. I can't believe how many stupid rules the NFL has.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #90
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:

This. QBs are the faces of NFL teams for the most part. The NFL is all about the QB. Right or wrong.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: