Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Recommend me some good rap/hip-hop.

I'm not usually much of a rap/hip-hop fan.. but I've always loved a good rap/hip-hop track. Problem is I find it hard to find whole albums by rappers that I enjoy, rather just certain tracks here and there.

So.. recommend me some songs I might like. Here's some stuff I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05dNpLY2HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzkj-efDIXk

NWA - Straight Outta Compton, Jay-Z - Public Service Announcement, JayZ & Kanye - Who Gon Stop Me?, Kayne - Runaway, most of Eminem.

As I said, I'm not really a rap kind of guy. I have no idea if these songs are considered "cool" by you rap dudes, nor do I give a shit, but anything you can recommend that I might like judging by what I mentioned above?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation
Default Re: Recommend me some good rap/hip-hop.

Listen to Good Kid, M.a.a.d city by Kendrick Lamar from start to finish.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

north north by project pat
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #4
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Thanks nikkas. Any more?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

Joey Bada$$ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDnPmLE8pg
Check out his mixtape 1999 if you like the song above, great tape.

No doubt, check out Kendrick Lamar, the best in the game right now.

and one of my favourite rappers, Logic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN3Myq15CVQ
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Anything Soulja Boy. Bubba Sparks. Fred Durst.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
Joey Bada$$ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDnPmLE8pg
Check out his mixtape 1999 if you like the song above, great tape.

No doubt, check out Kendrick Lamar, the best in the game right now.

and one of my favourite rappers, Logic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN3Myq15CVQ

I liked the Joey Bada$$ song you linked, and the Logic one was decent (chick was hawttt, not usually a black girl lover either). The Kendrick Lamar stuff seems alright, don't love it but don't dislike it. I'll have to listen to the whole album.

The Project Pat song I wasn't a fan of. Picky as **** when it comes to rap lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #8
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Froggy Fresh
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shaq - TWISM
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #10
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
Froggy Fresh

Battletoads?

Seriously though, no offense, but is this dude a joke or parody or something? Da *** is up with that video Can't stand his voice either, sounds like a whiny emo kid trying to rap.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #11
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Battletoads?

Seriously though, no offense, but is this dude a joke or parody or something? Da *** is up with that video Can't stand his voice either, sounds like a whiny emo kid trying to rap.

I was just kidding man, no offense taken. He's just a parody rapper

He's my real recommendation,
http://www.thesource.com/articles/25...8s9ajegof5pn12
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #12
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Tupac, Biggie, Dr Dre, Eminem, Mobb Deep... nothing else matters
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #13
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Anything Soulja Boy. Bubba Sparks. Fred Durst.

Everybody knows you have to start with Trinidad James.

I second listening to Kendrick Lamar though. Just started last week and I pretty much have his songs blasting 24/7.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #14
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

surprised no one has said Wu-Tang yet.

Method Man - Tical album, one of my favourites, listen to that before playing ball lol

A Tribe Called Quest, considered by many the GOAT hip hop group. All their albums are start-finish listens.

Good Kid Maad City by Kendrick Lamar is a great album too, should probably take a look into that as well, probably the best hip hop album of 2012.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Okay, after a quick browse through my library, the ones I enjoy listening to the most are

Mos Def
Common
A Tribe Called Quest/Q-Tip (One of the two rappers in ATCQ - Hs solo stuff is pretty good)
Kendrick Lamar
2Pac
Kanye West (Mainly from College Dropout)
Jay-Z (Mainly the album Reasonable Doubt)
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: