Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #271
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

LMAO!!! Commentator (wasn't paying attention close enough but know I heard it!) says "quarterbacks with two of the STRONGEST arms in the league" ...

Alright, you want to say Tom Brady is a Top 3 QB in the league, you won't see me argue. You want to argue Tom Brady is the very best QB in the league, you won't see me argue. You want to claim Tom Brady is already the best QB in the league, I'm not going to completely agree, but I'll acknowledge you can make an argument.

but ...

Tom Brady having one of the STRONGEST arms in the league? I mean, WTF. He's average in this department.

I just found that a little silly.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #272
ThunderStruk022
Serious playground baller

ThunderStruk022 has decent reputation

Good job by the Ravens covering all the underneath stuff to force the deep throw.

And the Jedi Master Billicek and his mind games. He's a cheater, but he's also a genius.
ThunderStruk022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #273
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

If Bill Belichick designed that plan SPECIFICALLY for the possibility Baltimore would burn/waste a timeout there, then damn, something as simple as that, is impressive to me and speaks volumes as to why coaching is so valuable in the league, if it came down to the end of the 2nd quarter and Ravens were a play or two away from being within FG range, but that burning of that timeout caused them to miss out. That's HUGE.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #274
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Because a Brady slobberfest is better?
Yes.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #275
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Tom Brady having one of the STRONGEST arms in the league? I mean, WTF. He's average in this department.

Average?
Nearly 70 yard hail mary here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAB9OSrIdI
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #276
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
LMAO!!! Commentator (wasn't paying attention close enough but know I heard it!) says "quarterbacks with two of the STRONGEST arms in the league" ...

Alright, you want to say Tom Brady is a Top 3 QB in the league, you won't see me argue. You want to argue Tom Brady is the very best QB in the league, you won't see me argue. You want to claim Tom Brady is already the best QB in the league, I'm not going to completely agree, but I'll acknowledge you can make an argument.

but ...

Tom Brady has one of the strongest arms in the league.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #277
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Average?
Nearly 70 yard hail mary here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAB9OSrIdI

So you're going to say Tom Brady is "elite" basically in this specific category making the claim he has one of the STRONGEST arms in the league. IMO, when the term "strongest" is used, it could translate into how we consider the general term "elite" when debating quarterbacks.

In your opinion, who are the "elite" arm strength quarterbacks in the league? I'd love to see your list.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #278
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Tom Brady has one of the strongest arms in the league.

Show me a ranking in your opinion. Out of the 32 starting QB's, where does Brady land? Keep in mind we're talking arm strength ONLY here, not just someone's overall skill level.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #279
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So you're going to say Tom Brady is "elite" basically in this specific category making the claim he has one of the STRONGEST arms in the league. IMO, when the term "strongest" is used, it could translate into how we consider the general term "elite" when debating quarterbacks.

In your opinion, who are the "elite" arm strength quarterbacks in the league? I'd love to see your list.

There's not a single throw that Brady can't make. Not going to bother with some dumb list.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #280
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
There's not a single throw that Brady can't make. Not going to bother with some dumb list.

Do you realize what you just said? You said there's no throw Brady can't make; translation: he's one of the best quarterbacks ever, and when it comes to being accurate, perfecting timing, under pressure, on the run, and maybe even the ability to throw it pretty damn hard (but I'm sorry that doesn't mean he has "elite" or "strongest" arm strength.

That's what you said. You obviously don't have time to do "dumb list" and create such a list (and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, just saying making the argument Brady = one of the strongest arms is worthy of such) b/c you'd make yourself look like dumb shit.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #281
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Do you realize what you just said? You said there's no throw Brady can't make; translation: he's one of the best quarterbacks ever, and when it comes to being accurate, perfecting timing, under pressure, on the run, and maybe even the ability to throw it pretty damn hard (but I'm sorry that doesn't mean he has "elite" or "strongest" arm strength.

That's what you said. You obviously don't have time to do "dumb list" and create such a list (and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, just saying making the argument Brady = one of the strongest arms is worthy of such) b/c you'd make yourself look like dumb shit.

Yes, Brady has an average arm.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #282
ThunderStruk022

If the Ravens don't find a way to flip the field position, they're f***ed.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #283
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Celtic_Pride has decent reputationCeltic_Pride has decent reputation

Wish Gronk was on the field
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #284
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Show me a ranking in your opinion. Out of the 32 starting QB's, where does Brady land? Keep in mind we're talking arm strength ONLY here, not just someone's overall skill level.
I know you didn't ask me, BUT:

1. Joe Flacco
2. Matthew Stafford
3. Jay Cutler
4. Big Ben
5. Josh Freeman
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Cam Newton
8. RGIII
9. Colin Kaepernick
10. Ryan Mallett

As you can see by #10 - Strong arm doesn't always = good QB. (John Skelton and Chad Henne probably belong on the list as well)

Starting QB's with the weakest arms:

1. Alex Smith
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick
3. Andy Dalton
4. Matt Schaub
5. Kevin Kolb

Payton, Brady, Luck don't have elite arm strength, but they have very good arm strength and they can make all of the NFL throws perfectly fine so it really doesn't matter if they have "elite" arm strength.

Last edited by irondarts : 01-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #285
ThunderStruk022

Ravens have started their three drives on the Patriots 8, 10, and 13. Meanwhile, the Patriots are starting another drive somewhere around midfield. Like I said, Baltimore is f***ed if they don't find a way to flip the field position. Their offense isn't good enough to sustain long drives and Tom Brady and the Patriots offense is too good to consistently keep out of the endzone if they'er starting around the 35-40 yard line.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: