Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #286
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

Kruger said, "Shut the fuck up. I didn't see that shit!"
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #287
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #288
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Pats offense has to get its shit together.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #289
ThunderStruk022
Serious playground baller

ThunderStruk022 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022
Ravens have started their three drives on the Patriots 8, 10, and 13. Meanwhile, the Patriots are starting another drive somewhere around midfield. Like I said, Baltimore is f***ed if they don't find a way to flip the field position. Their offense isn't good enough to sustain long drives and Tom Brady and the Patriots offense is too good to consistently keep out of the endzone if they'er starting around the 35-40 yard line.
I clearly have no idea what I'm taking about.
ThunderStruk022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #290
ThunderStruk022

Seriously, the Patriots have started every damn drive within shouting distance of midfield. The Ravens have started every drive within shouting distance of their own endzone.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #291
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow. Never expect Brady to have clock management issue.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #292
ThunderStruk022

Instead of taking a timeout and giving themselves two shots at the endzone, the Patriots let the clock run all the way down to 4 seconds and settle for the FG. That's a little head scratching.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #293
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Wes "I must confess" fucking Welker just gets under my skin more than any other passing/receiving tandem. They're obviously not the most talented QB+WR duo out there, but it probably gives coaches/fans just as much as Stafford/C.Johnson, Dalton/Green, Schabb/A. Johnson, Newton/S.Smith, Ryan/White, LOL, and I'm obviously flirting with some less than flawless QB+WR relationships (mainly due to less-than-perfect quarterbacks; such as the now aged Steve Smith compared to Superman, Green to Dalton, Green is more superior @ his position, Andre Johnson more superior @ his position, and while most would say Calvin Johnson way more superior with skill-level comparison at respective positions.

LOL, having been a dumbass and said all that, basically Tom Brady and Welker combo just make me ill.

BTW, a truly bonehead play by Tom Brady wanting to "spike" or whatever you wanna call it. I was pretty surprised he wasn't aware of the circumstances, considering his leadership, etc. Patriots could be up by 10 right now instead of 6, and if this thing boils down to some crazy 36-33 victory by the Ravens.

Tom Brady will probably be feeling some of that "Romo-syndrome"
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #294
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A Falcons fan was stabbed in the neck after the game today.

Quote:
A fan was stabbed in the neck during an altercation outside the Georgia Dome following Sunday's NFC Championship Game, Channel 2 Action News in Atlanta reported.

The victim, an Atlanta Falcons fan, was stabbed after punching a San Francisco 49ers fan, witnesses told Channel 2 Action News. After being punched, the 49ers fan stabbed the Falcons fan in the throat area, according to the report.

The Falcons fan was transported to a hospital, but his condition is unknown, according to the report.

The 49ers defeated the Falcons, 28-24, on Sunday to reach the Super Bowl for the first time in 18 years.

link

Last edited by irondarts : 01-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #295
dazzer87
Good college starter

dazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
A Falcons fan was reportedly stabbed in the neck after the game today.

link
WTF wrong with fans nowaday........
dazzer87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #296
irondarts

Dennard is a boss. Pats hit the jackpot with him in the 7th round.

Two players who went from potential 1st round picks to falling the 7th round and not even getting drafted at all turned into very good starters as rookies this year - Alfonzo Dennard and Vontaze Burfict.

Burfict was the Bengals leading tackler (127)
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #297
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Yes, Brady has an average arm.

When we're talking about STRONGEST arms in the league, considering the currently starting 32 QBs in the league, you're saying Brady isn't something in the neighborhood of "average" ... ?

IMO, average would be something around 14-20 considering 16 is dead middle.

I claim he's average, you claim he's equipped with one of the strongest arms in the league (which sounds like you're describing as "elite" in QB comparison). So let's say elite is Top 5; hell let's be generous and say Top 7.

IMO, Tom Brady is the best QB in the National Football League today. I think he'll complete his career the GOAT, but in a category as simple, non-complex, plain-as-day when talking about PURE ARM STRENGTH all that "Brady is so damn good he just has one of the strongest, oh, excuse me I maybe meant best arms in the league..." etc. maybe just now backing out of an argument, or whatever.

It's all good. Brady's arm is one of the best in the league when you're talking about ALL facets of what comes with the quarterback position. I'm pretty confident you know you've backed yourself into a corner with the STRONGEST ARM STRENGTH and you're attempting to save face by just using vague terms such as "one of the best arms in the NFL" etc... which doesn't actually define individual attributes.

I don't know how many more times you're going to ignore an actual list, and keep talking about how Brady's arm itself is just "so damn good" as an attempt to sweep under the rug the topic of sheer arm strength.

The most SMH'n thing about this is, Brady's lack of being an elite and/or having one of the actual STRONGEST arms in the league, TAKES ABSOLUTELY *** NOTHING *** AWAY from Brady's level of greatness. It doesn't put him in a less of a light. It doesn't make him any less great.

The simple truth is, not every quarterback can have the greatest arm in the league. In fact, while Flacco himself and may other experts agree, I don't believe Flacco personally has the "strongest" arm out there.

I think sometimes we find ourselves in discussions where we're like "oh, I backed right into that one" yet we hit the *reply* button with "Brady has one of the better arms in the league" ... attempting to disillusion the discussion of just ARM STRENGTH (which is the ONLY argument I've been trying to make here with you, but you seemingly keep trying to dodge the specific sole only arm strength discussion point).

I get it already. You keep making the obviously true statement Brady has one of the best arms in the league; who's going to argue against that, since "best arms in the league" encompasses anything and everything, and you have yet to address your list, ranking, discussions as to why, how, etc. Brady has one of the STRONGEST ARMS in the league. That is what YOU said. I just want to you illustrate to me and convince me he's elite here (because when you say "one of the strongest arms in the league" is the same as saying one of the best quarterbacks in the league, one of the best teams in the league, one of the best coaches in the league... we're talking a general discussion of "elite" how we compare QBs by default).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #298
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I think his other "5k" was laid on an earlier line of ATL at -3 or something.
Are you a retard? Why would you "think" that? When I posted that I was going to bet on Atlanta, the line was +4.5. Here is my post In case you missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
49ers now 4.5 point favorites. Never seen a road team in a conference championship favored by so many points.
Easy money layed another 5k on the spread for the Falcons. The public is so stupid, this is a trap game.

So where did you get the crazy idea that I put 5k on +3, when I had said I put only things on the ML earlier.

DO you really have to try that hard to make me look bad?
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #299
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Ravens wanna keep hitting high, we'll take the free yards.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #300
Derka
Go C's!

Yeah but that's not an offensive interference at all
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: