Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #301
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Payton, Brady, Luck don't have elite arm strength, but they have very good arm strength good usually equates to "average" by most standards] and they can make all of the NFL throws perfectly fine so it really doesn't matter if they have "elite" arm strength.

Tom Brady's imperfection of being equipped with an elite or ONE OF THE STRONGEST ARMS in the league IMO doesn't harm, threaten, question, or hold him back whatsoever. I believe Tom Brady's personal arm strength complements his game, style of play, etc. perfectly; which is why they've been super successful since he's been their starting QB.

I just find it rather silly someone is going to make the argument Tom Brady is packing ONE OF THE STRONGEST ARMS in the league and then attempting to shit, IDK, haha, wordplay like Tom Brady has one of the "better" arms in the league, or "so you're saying Tom Brady only has an average arm?" and the completely fallacy in their argument is they're purposely excluding the expansion of discussion regarding ARM STRENGTH which has been the two sides going back and forth yet when I keep asking to expand upon their ranking of sheer arm strength of the current 32 starting QBs in the league, and I keep getting the same thing "Tom Brady can make any throw" or "Tom Brady you're saying only has an "average" arm LOL?" or "Tom Brady has one of the better arms in the league" and post after post I keep trying to highlight the facet of ARM STRENGTH.

*crickets*

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #302
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rice with a sick run after catch. Flacco overthrowing again.

Falcons fan stabbed? No one cares. If eagles fan did the stabbing? It's a big deal
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #303
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
A Falcons fan was stabbed in the neck after the game today.

link

I don't even know the details, maybe something such as a 49ers fan being a jerk and in the face of a highly pissed off drunk Falcons fan, and someone's emotions getting the best of them. It's just really inexcusable, and who's to say which party is more at fault, but the ending result should be ATL fans being appreciative of having one hell of a season and congratulations SF going to the Big Show. Violence is worth what, exactly?

Just so damn sad to hear about shit like this.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #304
Legend of Josh
Banned

Boss throw from Flacco. He was six out of nine the entire drive, puts 7 points on the scoreboard. That doesn't exactly make him Peyton Manning, but he's elevating his team's spirit and confidence right now with the final quarter approaching. These are the simple, perhaps not marvelous or phenomenal things a QB does, but that doesn't mean they're any less paramount, or meaningful. These momentum shifts can either make or break a victory, especially this late in the post season.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #305
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
When we're talking about STRONGEST arms in the league, considering the currently starting 32 QBs in the league, you're saying Brady isn't something in the neighborhood of "average" ... ?

IMO, average would be something around 14-20 considering 16 is dead middle.

I claim he's average, you claim he's equipped with one of the strongest arms in the league (which sounds like you're describing as "elite" in QB comparison). So let's say elite is Top 5; hell let's be generous and say Top 7.

IMO, Tom Brady is the best QB in the National Football League today. I think he'll complete his career the GOAT, but in a category as simple, non-complex, plain-as-day when talking about PURE ARM STRENGTH all that "Brady is so damn good he just has one of the strongest, oh, excuse me I maybe meant best arms in the league..." etc. maybe just now backing out of an argument, or whatever.

It's all good. Brady's arm is one of the best in the league when you're talking about ALL facets of what comes with the quarterback position. I'm pretty confident you know you've backed yourself into a corner with the STRONGEST ARM STRENGTH and you're attempting to save face by just using vague terms such as "one of the best arms in the NFL" etc... which doesn't actually define individual attributes.

I don't know how many more times you're going to ignore an actual list, and keep talking about how Brady's arm itself is just "so damn good" as an attempt to sweep under the rug the topic of sheer arm strength.

The most SMH'n thing about this is, Brady's lack of being an elite and/or having one of the actual STRONGEST arms in the league, TAKES ABSOLUTELY *** NOTHING *** AWAY from Brady's level of greatness. It doesn't put him in a less of a light. It doesn't make him any less great.

The simple truth is, not every quarterback can have the greatest arm in the league. In fact, while Flacco himself and may other experts agree, I don't believe Flacco personally has the "strongest" arm out there.

I think sometimes we find ourselves in discussions where we're like "oh, I backed right into that one" yet we hit the *reply* button with "Brady has one of the better arms in the league" ... attempting to disillusion the discussion of just ARM STRENGTH (which is the ONLY argument I've been trying to make here with you, but you seemingly keep trying to dodge the specific sole only arm strength discussion point).

I get it already. You keep making the obviously true statement Brady has one of the best arms in the league; who's going to argue against that, since "best arms in the league" encompasses anything and everything, and you have yet to address your list, ranking, discussions as to why, how, etc. Brady has one of the STRONGEST ARMS in the league. That is what YOU said. I just want to you illustrate to me and convince me he's elite here (because when you say "one of the strongest arms in the league" is the same as saying one of the best quarterbacks in the league, one of the best teams in the league, one of the best coaches in the league... we're talking a general discussion of "elite" how we compare QBs by default).

Dumbass. You say find evidence of Brady strength and I showed you a video of him chucking a ball over 65 yards. Average arm.

In case you want to see more footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGj5qQFnnc

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 01-20-2013 at 08:47 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #306
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Andrew Luck doesn't have an elite arm? What's this then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkNQqOurmIA

Throw is at one minute mark.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #307
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Andrew Luck doesn't have an elite arm? What's this then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkNQqOurmIA

Throw is at one minute mark.
Does he have great arm strength? Absolutely.

Does he have Flacco/Cutler/Stafford arm strength? Nope. But not a lot of QB's do, and it really doesn't matter.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #308
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Pats are nowhere to be found since the half. Flacco is carving us up.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #309
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Big Game Flacco!!!
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #310
Legend of Josh
Banned

What Wes Welker and Brady do in these 1st and 10 or 2nd and 5 situations where they do a quick release turn-snatch up one or two more yards after the catch plays, and I think Welker is going to get hit in open space a 100% legit play and double dub (W.W.) is going to find himself on a stretcher. We've all seen him take so many shots, and he's a soldier, a true warrior, but I think he's going to ultimately pay the price someday (which I hope never happens).

I think about Grand Hill, and his career being handicapped, people feeling sorry, disappointed, etc. because they knew he was going to be (or at least they strongly felt this way) an all-time GOAT. I just think players "in game" sometimes take risks that are just too high, and it's a numbers game, eventually or later, it's very possible you'll reap the career reaper.

BTW... just simple observation, Flacco isn't doing anything vastly impressive, but he's making some key throws to manage the clock, without Baltimore really forcing the run down their throats. I think Flacco might be playing with a chip on his shoulder. All the "is he elite" talk, all the "he's under pressure" the "it's a contract year" the "Patriots always have their milk" etc...

Flacco is converting when it counts right now. I suppose since he hasn't hard 350 yards yet, lack of 3 TDs, and hasn't rushed for anything over 15 yards, even if he wins this game, his QBR is all that matters, and I'm willing to bet it's not all that bad right now.

All this right now on the road BTW, in arguably the hardest place to play if you're the away team, especially in the playoffs.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #311
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Pats don't get a score on this possession, I don't think our D can hold Baltimore off of a game-ender.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #312
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Dumbass. You say find evidence of Brady strength and I showed you a video of him chucking a ball over 65 yards. Average arm.

In case you want to see more footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGj5qQFnnc

We're talking about a single video. This really isn't going anywhere. You're not going to change your mind, and you're overcompensating the sheer fact that Tom Brady is one of the greatest ever to squeeze in the highly questionable claim that he's elite and has one of the strongest arms of all 32 starting QBs in the NFL right now.

Jesus Christ man, I honestly think some posters just have such an issue admitting their argument isn't holding up (using a single video from YouTube for a QB who's been in the league how many years now?) ... and everyone pretty much knows Brady's arm strength is average. Especially much more "average" then it is "elite" and you just won't say "OK, you're probably right there."

If I were backed into a corner and realized I was trying to make an argument my side isn't adding up, I'd gladly just say I wasn't as right as I think I was. Why do so many posters have such a hard time admitting they're even in the slightest wrong side of the argument?

Why is it so important you drop a couple emoticons, use a link that shows a single throw multiple times, and just sit back for a second, and think about all the stronger arms in the league, and just say "OK, you're right, he's more average than elite, but that doesn't make him any less of a QB" ...

Are you just on Brady's nuts that hard?

*edit*

Oh wow, you edited one of your videos and happened to find another instance where Tom Brady made a boss throw from deep and posted the link. Him being in the league this long, you can interchange many average arm strength QBs and put together a highlight reel. Damn dude, I just want you to stop being to damn stubborn about this.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...1-MuI7Rvehipl2

Remember this guy? Often referred to as the kid bringing a water pistol to a gun fight? I wonder if I could dig up some videos actually showing Pennington being in the moment (like so many other average arm strength QBs flicking one beyond their "normal" power range. I'm pretty damn sure we could.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 01-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #313
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Does he have great arm strength? Absolutely.

Does he have Flacco/Cutler/Stafford arm strength? Nope. But not a lot of QB's do, and it really doesn't matter.

That video is of him throwing the ball roughly 75 yards into the wind on a dime.

This video is of Flacco, in perfect conditions, throwing 71 yards in a competition in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVjmXq9vUk

So, yes, Luck has the same arm strength. I gave you all the proof you need.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #314
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was the most insane pileup I have ever seen.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #315
Derka
Go C's!

Ridley was down. Now please don't let his neck be ruined.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: