Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #361
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

I'm just curious about something. Those who are fans of say the Cowboys (PT), or perhaps another team who have had the same QB for many seasons, yet maybe won a single playoff game, or maybe a team that hasn't even won a game? Like ME for example, Carson Palmer could never win a playoff game; the only "home" game he had was when he was assassinated by a Steeler and effectively changed his career forever, even though he essentially made a "comeback" (but not really).

Andy Dalton has made the playoffs two straight years, him and AJ Green have yet to win a post season game. What I'm saying is making the playoffs is hard enough, much less winning a playoff game. AND AGAIN, yes the Ravens' defense is just beasting usually and that can be accredited for much of their success; not to mention IMO a Top 3 back in Ray Rice. I'm just saying somewhere in that success equation, Joey Flacco deserves SOMETHING.

I haven't been here trying to argue Flacco is elite. I never said that, but I did say he deserves something close to "elite" or max dollars because he fits Baltimore perfectly, he fits that franchise well enough to get them close year after year to making the big one, and he's about to finally make the SuperBowl in a couple of minutes.

Many experts, fans, etc. will now make the argument he's elite. I'm not going to make that argument. I don't think he's there, but he's close. I know I'm not alone in argument that Flacco is better than people are giving him credit for, but from the majority of many posts about Flacco here lately he certainly doesn't SEEM to be getting enough props... I mean come on, Ravens made the AFC title game three straight years, now they're in the SuperBowl. I think Baltimore matches up well with SF as long as they can slow down the rookie.

There's a shot Baltimore might be league champions in two weeks. I guess my question is, will any of you look back and still be stubborn as fu*k saying Flacco is just blessed with having yada yada yada, or will any of you just do the right thing, and stop trying to simply judge him on stats or some QBR of less than eighty some percent? I know if I were Flacco after winning this game tonight, I'd want some GD respect.

His entire career, the defense has been in the limelight and glorified while the Ravens offensive (most notably, Flacco) has been in the shadows; and like I keep saying, that's somewhat justified, but more often than not, dude just isn't getting enough credit.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 01-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #362
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
I'm sure I am underrating the Ravens, but 49ers in by two touchdowns.

You are not. They lucked out last week by beating Denver with a hail mary and some BS calls going their way. New England's secondary is below average and with Talib gone at the wrong time, Flacco capitalized on it big time.

Without Gronk, it's extremely difficult to convert TDs in the red zone specially against this Ravens defense. Not converting on those 1st 2 TDs was a huge huge thing!

Call me bitter, sour or whatever, Ravens are the luckiest team in NFL right now and will be thrashed by the Niners in Superbowl!

But yeah credit to Flacco though, he stepped up at the right time.
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #363
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
pats are a regular season team these days. just too soft. they been substandard every playoffs for a while now.
Yeah, it's true. All too true.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #364
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

Lot of Ravens fans there.

Pats = Spurs?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #365
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Yeah, it's true. All too true.
it's ironic that brady's legacy is built when he was just a part of a staunch defensive team and as his legend grew and the team became a qb driven offensive one, he began to falter.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #366
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

A bad day for Boston. You know what was huge? The Aqib Talib injury.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #367
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Damn Patriots, why didn't you go after B-Mashall. You can't win with these short passes to Welker and their TE.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #368
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

whichever Harbaugh wins (read: Jim) has the ultimate trump card for his whole life in any argument. "Jim, what's 2+2?" "It's 8 John." "bullshit." "Check out this ring."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #369
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
it's ironic that brady's legacy is built when he was just a part of a staunch defensive team and as his legend grew and the team became a qb driven offensive one, he began to falter.
That's what I was telling RMWG the other day. Pats won their SBs primarily through great defense and solid QB play. Brady's been at his best the last 5-6 years and since his defense sucks ass, he hasn't won jack.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #370
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I'm just curious about something. Those who are fans of say the Cowboys (PT), or perhaps another team who have had the same QB for many seasons, yet maybe won a single playoff game, or maybe a team that hasn't even won a game? Like ME for example, Carson Palmer could never win a playoff game; the only "home" game he had was when he was assassinated by a Steeler and effectively changed his career forever, even though he essentially made a "comeback" (but not really).

Any Dalton has made the playoffs two straight years, him and AJ Green have yet to win a post season game. What I'm saying is making the playoffs is hard enough, much less winning a playoff game. AND AGAIN, yes the Ravens' defense is just beasting usually and that can be accredited for much of their success; not to mention IMO a Top 3 back in Ray Rice.

I haven't been here trying to argue Flacco is elite. I never said that, but I did say he deserves something close to "elite" or max dollars because he fits Baltimore perfectly, he fits that franchise well enough to get them close year after year to making the big one, and he's about to finally make the SuperBowl in a couple of minutes.

Many experts, fans, etc. will now make the argument he's elite. I'm not going to make that argument. I don't think he's there, but he's close. I know I'm not alone in argument that Flacco is better than people are giving him credit for, but from the majority of many posts about Flacco here lately he certainly doesn't SEEM to be getting enough props... I mean come on, Ravens made the AFC title game three straight years, now they're in the SuperBowl. I think Baltimore matches up well with SF as long as they can slow down the rookie.

There's a shot Baltimore might be league champions in two weeks. I guess my question is, will any of you look back and still be stubborn as fu*k saying Flacco is just blessed with having yada yada yada, or will any of you just do the right thing, and stop trying to simply judge him on stats or some QBR of less than eighty some percent? I know if I were Flacco after winning this game tonight, I'd want some GD respect.

His entire career, the defense has been in the limelight and glorified while the Ravens offensive (most notably, Flacco) has been in the shadows; and like I keep saying, that's somewhat justified, but more often than not, dude just isn't getting enough credit.

Flacco played well. He did his part, win or lose.

But in the end, it's a team game.

He didn't go out there and hold the highest scoring offense in the league and one of the highest ever to 13 points, did he?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #371
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Baltimore knocked off what many thought to be the two best teams in the NFL to reach the Super Bowl. I don't know if they're better than or will beat the 49ers, but they went through an extremely tough road to get here. Joe Flacco went on the road and knocked out Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Wow.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #372
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Damn Jackass you really disrespecting Flacco right now.

Meh, just tired of the ignorant bullshit about QBs. Rice makes a big play = all credit to Flacco. They exploit a bad match up with a DE or S on Pitta = all credit to Flacco. Pierce makes plays = all credit to Flacco. Boldin makes plays = all credit to Flacco. Talib gets injured and the pass coverage looks like shit afterwards = all credit to Flacco. Flacco makes a poor throw that should have been picked off by Arrington = let's not mention that. He's been pretty much just making routine throws.

I'll give Flacco credit. He's made all the throws (aside from the 1 that should have been picked and that awful throw he made after the Pats finally got a little bit of pressure on him in the 2nd half) and capitalized on all of the Pats mistakes. He bounced back and had a really nice 2nd half after doing little in the first. Yeah, he had a good game, but I think the Pat's mistakes were a much bigger factor. Want to say that Flacco outplayed Brady? OK, that's not hard to see. But I will also say that it's not Brady's fault that the Pats lost, but I bet a number of people will blame him. People are going to act like this game was:

Joe Flacco 28
Tom Brady 13
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #373
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Brady didn't play badly today. He didn't get INTs until he was forcing it with the game out of hand.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #374
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

If Ravens win the SB Lewis HAS to go full on Pentecostal revival preacher and start handling live snakes at his post game presser sermon.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #375
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Baltimore knocked off what many thought to be the two best teams in the NFL to reach the Super Bowl. I don't know if they're better than or will beat the 49ers, but they went through an extremely tough road to get here. Joe Flacco went on the road and knocked out Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Wow.

they won't. kaepernick bout to rape that defense. his game is built on substance not hype like Manning or Brady, stiff white boys that can't even move.

Kaepernick bout to show the world what a brotha can do in that role
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: