Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #406
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
[b]Meh, just tired of the ignorant bullshit about QBs. Rice makes a big play = all credit to Flacco.
Joe Flacco 28
Tom Brady 13

Sometimes you make good points man, but I'm just to the point of thinking you must be a Flacco "hater" to watch this game and not at least say "OK, he's looking like he could be a damn good quarterback who fits Baltimore extremely well and based on their franchise success lately, this might just be a damn good combination (speaking of Flacco and Ravens).

I've been on record giving Ray Rice credit for being the only "powerhouse" offensive piece in B-town, and that their defense is just so damn feared, it psychologically gives them a slight advantage... but AT THIS POINT, it's pretty damn pathetic to see that Flacco still isn't getting credit he deserves for some of these wins.

Rewind a few years, and Eli Manning was considered the most overrated QB by a handful of experts/fans/etc and after he rose to the occasion those same FOR NO REASON haters suddenly STFU. Will Flacco deliver the same dose of medicine? Only time will tell. But just as you're sick of someone saying "hey this Flacco guys is pretty good" I'm getting pretty damn sick of someone like you saying "this happens, Flacco gets credit" ... "that happens, Flacco gets credit" ...

Flacco has been time and time again NOT GIVEN CREDIT. When people think of the Ravens, they think of Lewis, Reed. Suggs or any other randomly selected defensive piece; fantasy players swear on their mothers grave for the guaranteed success of Ray Rice. Flacco isn't an elite QB, never thought to be a big time stats guy, but on nights like tonight when he virtually played a perfectly executed game managing things putting Baltimore in a position to burn clock, making crucial throws on any down, first - second - third! NO OF COURSE NOT! NONE OF THAT WAS FLACCO!

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 01-20-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #407
STATUTORY
Banned

STATUTORY has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Don't you get tired of being stupid? Reading your post is like watching a Five Percenter try to analyze football. I'm not basing my opinion on race. Unlike you, I base my opinion on what works. That's why I asked how many of the last 50 SB winners didn't have a pocket passer at QB? You are trying to disregard what we've learned from the entire history of football because a mixed-race QB that himself would not be effective i he couldn't pass from the pocket is making a Superowl. Get over your stupid racist agenda and realize that the most important ability for a quarterback is the ability to pass.
I don't know if you are just threatened, ignorant, or perhaps a mix of the two. But you need to free your perception from the incarceration of bias commentary. Nothing about the position of qb dictates that passing from the pocket is the most important ability. It's the ability to make plays and you can do that in a variety of ways.

The fact you use historical evidence to support your view just highlights ur ignorance. Sports history is tainted by prejudice where the best player were often not given the chance to play due to the exact presumptions that you have dismissed as nonexistent.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #408
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I don't know if you are just threatened, ignorant, or perhaps a mix of the two. But you need to free your perception from the incarceration of bias commentary. Nothing about the position of qb dictates that passing from the pocket is the most important ability. It's the ability to make plays and you can do that in a variety of ways.

The fact you use historical evidence to support your view just highlights ur ignorance. Sports history is tainted by prejudice where the best player were often not given the chance to play due to the exact presumptions that you have dismissed as nonexistent.
I hate when an idiot with no argument takes a bunch of words with multiple syllables and strings them together.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #409
STATUTORY
Banned

STATUTORY has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I hate when an idiot with no argument takes a bunch of words with multiple syllables and strings them together.
yea keep using retarded inductive reasoning and thinking you have some axioms on how to play the qb position
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #410
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You can limit QBs a great deal. A ball control offense can have your QB standing on the sidelines watching for most of the game. Yeah, the QB is the single most important position, but there's a ton of other positions out there. It's not 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or even 5 on 5, but it's 11 on 11. Outside of the QB, there's 21 other effing guys out there on a given play, and at times there's 22 non-QBs out there. But whatever, people will continue to overstate and overglorify QBs all the time and people who should get praise and credit will continue to be ignored.

Baltimore only had a total 100 rushing yard performance. Flacco had three TD tosses. This may not be a typical Ravens' performance, but sometimes it's needed, and if it happens in the game where the winner reaches the promised land, then great! Fine! Whatever! IT DOESN'T MATTER. JUST WIN!

Flacco had an outstanding game. Some of you are just too bitter about that fact to just give the guy some credit.

I hate Tony Romo, but if the dude played in an NFC title game, had 3 TDs, 0 turnovers, and managed the game against one of the most feared teams in the league, I'm going to put my personal dislike, hate or whatever you wanna call it, and give dude ALL THE CREDIT HE DESERVES.

I'm not going to think of past posts, where I said differently, and attempt to save face by making additional points that are logical fallacies or just straight up wrong, all because my insecure about having lost an argument over the fu*king internet on a message board.

Really guy?

I've just said too much on this tonight and whatever being right on many points or not, it's obvious most of you aren't going to believe in this guy until he wins 17 SuperBowls, so it's whatever.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #411
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY

WTF are you talking about. Plenty of athletic QB's have gotten their chance and most of them have failed until recently. Look at Tebow.. He's an athletic all-american QB and yet he can't get a shot.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #412
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Flacco's numbers aren't good enough to be considered a top QB.

22 TD's?

On the other hand, it seems obvious now that Brady can no longer win the big one. The Pats better start looking for another QB soon.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #413
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Flacco's numbers aren't good enough to be considered a top QB.

22 TD's?

On the other hand, it seems obvious now that Brady can no longer win the big one. The Pats better start looking for another QB soon.

Troll?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #414
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Troll?

He is still good in the regular season atleast. The last time he won the big one was 8 years ago. I think the sun is setting on his championship days.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #415
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
No, it was 100% the defense and Ray Rice. Don't get shit twisted.

Meh...I just meant it in general. But Flacco played very well tonight. Last week he was solid. Thought at least two of his three deep TD passes last week against Denver were flukish, but it is what it is. He clearly had the better defense in both games and the better run game, but he deserves plenty of credit, too.

Replace Flacco or Kaepernick with Brady or Manning, and it's scary how good the 49ers or Ravens would be. Like I'm thinking a potential 16-0 and Super Bowl winning season. Maybe not that good, but we'd probably see one of the most dominant two way teams in NFL history.

Last edited by KG215 : 01-21-2013 at 12:12 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #416
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
The kids in Africa are probably tired of all the Patriots t-shirts at this point.

Sidenote: this was the first time I ever had to add someone to my ignore list in the football forum. Strange.

Last edited by Rose : 01-21-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #417
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Sometimes you make good points man, but I'm just to the point of thinking you must be a Flacco "hater" to watch this game and not at least say "OK, he's looking like he could be a damn good quarterback who fits Baltimore extremely well and based on their franchise success lately, this might just be a damn good combination (speaking of Flacco and Ravens).

You cut out the part of my post where I gave him credit. He made the throws, he capitalized on their mistakes, won and made Brady look bad in comparison. I'm just not going to go out of my way to give a position that already gets waaay too much credit even more credit (unless it's deserved).

Quote:
Rewind a few years, and Eli Manning was considered the most overrated QB by a handful of experts/fans/etc and after he rose to the occasion those same FOR NO REASON haters suddenly STFU.

I'm one of the people who still says that Eli gets too much credit, as well. I'm not on the Eli bandwagon at all. Some go around saying, "ZOMG, Eli is the most clutchiest QB eVAR!!!1!ONE!!1!" I say the Packers played so poorly that anyone could have won that game against them. What about the defense stepping up in the playoffs? What about Nicks? What about Cruz? What about Eli's previous postseason where he stunk it up against the Eagles and they got booted in the 1st round? What about Tyree being the player who made that incredible helmet catch with outplaying Harrison for the ball? Also, let's not forget Samuel dropped an interception on the play before. But no, it's all, "Eli won that game with his clutchy clutchness!!!" I mean, I'll give him credit for avoiding the sack on that play, but how about we give Tyree some effing credit, too? Samuel makes that interception and is anyone talking about how clutch Eli was? He was lucky in that game, not clutch.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #418
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

Doctor K has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
So either Joe Flacco or Colin Kaepernick in his second season is going to be a Super Bowl winning QB.
Joe Flacco is in his 2nd year? Looks like someone started watching football last year
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #419
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm with LOJ on this one. Give Flacco some credit
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #420
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor K
Joe Flacco is in his 2nd year? Looks like someone started watching football last year
He was saying Kaepernick is in his second season, just worded it a bit weird to make it sound like he was saying the same about Flacco.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: