Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
3peated
Good High School Starter

3peated has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why isn't LaMarcus Aldridge better?

i think the correct answer is trailblazers
3peated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

He should stay at PF. Definitely a finesse player who like jumpshots. He's good but I think he's the kind of guy who really needs other good players around him. He's not a top-dog 1st option kind of player. I think he mostly goes with the flow of things. If things are going well and he's got talent around him, you'll see him step his game up. If things aren't going that well he'll settle for being above-average.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

His stats don't tell the whole story, his impact on a game is underrated, he opens up space with a pure mid range J and has an above aberage back to basket game.

On the other hand, I dont think he will get any better, hes 27 now, and should be nearing or in his prime.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Where'd you get the impression that Aldridge is 7'1"? He measured out 6'11" in shoes and 6'10" barefoot at the combine. Look up a pic of him standing next to Greg Oden, he's clearly shorter.

Regardless of height, he's made it known he prefers playing the 4 and that's where he's excelled. He might have a jumper like Karl Malone but the similarities end there. He's nowhere near and likely never will be anywhere as strong or aggressive as the mailman was.

No idea why you'd want to get rid of Meyers Leonard. He's a young, athletic 7'1" center and has a ton of potential to be an ideal front court partner to Aldridge.

The Blazers starting 5 is fine, they just need to shore up their bench to solidify their playoffs hopes and they have the cap space to do it.

Aldridge is not 6'11 now. He's huge. He's even big in NBA2k. Watch the Knicks game and he might be taller than Tyson Chandler. Guy is not 6'11.

I don't want to get rid of Leonard. I didn't say that I did. But they should want to get that starting 5 better right now. Whether they think Leonard is ready to step in or if it's an immediate upgrade...or more solid pieces and maybe pick someone up.

And in regards to Malone I'm talking strictly jumpshot and touch. Especially his touch around the basket. He has great hands, like Malone, and he has the softest touch in the league.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Too bad we never got to see the Aldridge/Oden/Roy core develop together.

Yeah scary thing was that LMA was supposed to be the third guy on the team.
Collie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Aldridge is not 6'11 now. He's huge. He's even big in NBA2k. Watch the Knicks game and he might be taller than Tyson Chandler. Guy is not 6'11.

I don't want to get rid of Leonard. I didn't say that I did. But they should want to get that starting 5 better right now. Whether they think Leonard is ready to step in or if it's an immediate upgrade...or more solid pieces and maybe pick someone up.

And in regards to Malone I'm talking strictly jumpshot and touch. Especially his touch around the basket. He has great hands, like Malone, and he has the softest touch in the league.

Bro, he's no taller than 6'11". Here he is standing back to back with 6'11" Marcus Camby last year during media day.

As for Leonard. His upside is big but he's nowhere near as good as Hickson currently is. Hickson is doing an excellent job and plays well off Aldridge, why burn cap space to find an upgrade at a position where they're already getting quite a bit of productivity from a good young player? The bench is their most glaring weakness and the only one that needs to be addressed immediately.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: