Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default I'm at PEACE knowing Management fcuked us all

fcuk you Jim buss...when you have Phil Jackson you go and hire this mutha fcuka.....

fcuk you Mitch Cupcake for not trading Pau Gasol even after the failed CP3 trade....Kevin martin, scola and their 2 1st rounders would look good right about now.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Default Re: I'm at PEACE knowing Management fcuked us all

They are not done raping you yet...2 more to go by Spurs and Thunder

But yes, dinosaur fsck null to Jim Buss oss. Hopefully, Jerry gives control of the helm over later to his new son-in-law.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
DKLaker

As much as the Lakers don't want to have to pay 3 head coaches at the same time, they are going to have to. 'Antoni will never win with this team, they should be negotiating a buy out immediately......each day he's here diminishes the team........out of the playoffs, losing Dwight, wasting Kobe and Nash's last years, making the team a very unattractive free agent destination.......killing the winning tradition and eliminating any possible chance that we catch or pass Boston for titles as long as he's here.
Seriously.....can you imagine watching 4 years of 'Antoni
Even I would stop watching basketball.

In the face of all of this, they cannot afford to even consider keeping the guy.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #4
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
As much as the Lakers don't want to have to pay 3 head coaches at the same time, they are going to have to. 'Antoni will never win with this team, they should be negotiating a buy out immediately......each day he's here diminishes the team........out of the playoffs, losing Dwight, wasting Kobe and Nash's last years, making the team a very unattractive free agent destination.......killing the winning tradition and eliminating any possible chance that we catch or pass Boston for titles as long as he's here.
Seriously.....can you imagine watching 4 years of 'Antoni
Even I would stop watching basketball.

In the face of all of this, they cannot afford to even consider keeping the guy.

I agree with everything you say except that the Lakers will not have 3 coaches on the payroll. It would be a terrible business decision and it's ultimately all about money.

I don't know why anyone here would blame Mitch Kupchak as he has made some great moves. Folks need to understand that he is an employee and unfortunately pretty much has to yield to whatever Jim Buss says. It's obvious to everyone here that Jim Buss is way over his head. Unfortunately, that's the reality of it.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

Quote:
"Make no mistake about it, Jerry Buss made the final call on firing Mike Brown, passing over Jackson and ultimately deciding on D'Antoni," confirmed an NBA source who requested anonymity. "The management structure is a democracy up to a certain point; but when something very big comes up, Jerry makes the decision.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/15/1...blockID=820341
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
I agree with everything you say except that the Lakers will not have 3 coaches on the payroll. It would be a terrible business decision and it's ultimately all about money.

I don't know why anyone here would blame Mitch Kupchak as he has made some great moves. Folks need to understand that he is an employee and unfortunately pretty much has to yield to whatever Jim Buss says. It's obvious to everyone here that Jim Buss is way over his head. Unfortunately, that's the reality of it.

Do you HONESTLY.....and I mean this as no offense, but think about it, do you think they can afford to keep 'Antoni around for even another 2 seasons? If it is about money then look at the difference between not making the playoffs and winning a championship make......not just in ticket sales but also concessions and merchandise. 2 more years of this and you'll find a ton of Lakers gear at the .99 cent store, just like Clippers gear used to be
Furthermore, if the team can afford to pay Pau $19 million which with the cap hit equates to $38 million., then why can't they pay up to $22 million for 2 losing coaches and 1 championship caliber head coach?

I told everyone from day 1 that Jimmy was incompetent......I know some people think I throw names around aimlessly.....but I never do, I speak of things I know extremely well. Jimmy has always been into his daddy's money and never into learning or working hard....he's always been a drunk nitwit. He should've stuck to Horse Racing, he had good people around him who advised him well......but he managed to mess that up.

If we will not fire 'Antoni then the real message is that we are in rebuilding mode, Kobe's years will be wasted and we have no chance at a title......this doesn't sit well with me and it shouldn't for any of you.

Solution; Hire a legitimate top notch coach who knows offense and defense......most importantly, knows how to manage a roster including the bench and how to manage egos......hmmmm, I'm not a big Phil guy but if you want a risk free bet then someone needs to kiss Phil's @ss big time
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Nate Mac should have been looked at long before Pringles if the Jax was not going to be hired, same as we should have gone after Adelman instead of Brown, just a complete balls up.

Then again anyone having to follow up the Zen Master was going to have a tough task, but Brown was just wrong from Day 1 and it's got worse from there.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

The problem is, from where I'm sitting, you have a collection of players that don't fit the system that the coach runs. First was Brown and his defense minded philosophy and now D'Antoni and his offensive philosophy. LAL was what, 4-1 with Bickerstaff, and when asked - his philosophy was simply to get out of the way and let the players play! So, either we now have to again change the coaching staff - or - change the roster, either way the odds of this panning out on a positive for this season at the very least is becoming extremely bleek!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
The problem is, from where I'm sitting, you have a collection of players that don't fit the system that the coach runs. First was Brown and his defense minded philosophy and now D'Antoni and his offensive philosophy. LAL was what, 4-1 with Bickerstaff, and when asked - his philosophy was simply to get out of the way and let the players play! So, either we now have to again change the coaching staff - or - change the roster, either way the odds of this panning out on a positive for this season at the very least is becoming extremely bleek!

they need to trade fcuking trade Pau Gasol enough is enough. I like him but still its time to trade him.

I would do 3 way trade with minny/mil

Lakers get Derrick Williams/ Monta Ellis/Mike Dunleavy Jr/1 player from MIL
Minny gets: Gasol, ebanks
Mil gets: Pekovic, morris, jamison, barea

lakers get speed and stretch 4.

I think Derrick williams is a stretch 4 and not a 3...thats where adelman wants him to play
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne

Yep......that's it. It's much easier to fire the coach than to trade everyone for players to fit a very bad system. I don't think 'Antoni could win an NBA title is you gave him the entire USA Olympic team.......seriously, so every trade scenario is a moot point........coach has to go.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Do you HONESTLY.....and I mean this as no offense, but think about it, do you think they can afford to keep 'Antoni around for even another 2 seasons? If it is about money then look at the difference between not making the playoffs and winning a championship make......not just in ticket sales but also concessions and merchandise. 2 more years of this and you'll find a ton of Lakers gear at the .99 cent store, just like Clippers gear used to be
Furthermore, if the team can afford to pay Pau $19 million which with the cap hit equates to $38 million., then why can't they pay up to $22 million for 2 losing coaches and 1 championship caliber head coach?

I told everyone from day 1 that Jimmy was incompetent......I know some people think I throw names around aimlessly.....but I never do, I speak of things I know extremely well. Jimmy has always been into his daddy's money and never into learning or working hard....he's always been a drunk nitwit. He should've stuck to Horse Racing, he had good people around him who advised him well......but he managed to mess that up.

If we will not fire 'Antoni then the real message is that we are in rebuilding mode, Kobe's years will be wasted and we have no chance at a title......this doesn't sit well with me and it shouldn't for any of you.

Solution; Hire a legitimate top notch coach who knows offense and defense......most importantly, knows how to manage a roster including the bench and how to manage egos......hmmmm, I'm not a big Phil guy but if you want a risk free bet then someone needs to kiss Phil's @ss big time

So many points to respond to. So little time. Regarding D'Antoni (that's his name), Laker management believe he's the right guy. You have made it quite clear countless times that you won't be happy unless the Lakers hire Phil Jackson which is not going to happen. Do you think the Lakers are just going to keep firing and hiring coaches until they find a coach that wins every single game from here on in? That's your typical Laker fan mentality, "We have to win a championship every single year. All other teams suck except to the Lakers." You obviously think exactly this way based on your statement about Kobe's remaining years being wasted and your comment regarding rebuilding (the "R" word).

Seems to me, you have no problem spending other people's money. Welcome to America 2013!!!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

We all get the general idea of why this team is failing. A system does not fit the personnel. In return, the players become unmotivated and do not play to their fullest potential.

You have two options and only two.

A) You fire D'Antoni and hire a veteran coach that will run a more traditional offense

or

B) You keep the coach, and hope the current roster can turn it around, or make the trades to appease the coach

If you choose option A, you spend a lot more money (which to me isn't so bad because of this new time warner deal). If you choose option B, you are still setting yourself up for failure in this season. No team that has ever come together mid-season won a championship that very year. Correct me if I am wrong on this one please.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
We all get the general idea of why this team is failing. A system does not fit the personnel. In return, the players become unmotivated and do not play to their fullest potential.

You have two options and only two.

A) You fire D'Antoni and hire a veteran coach that will run a more traditional offense

or

B) You keep the coach, and hope the current roster can turn it around, or make the trades to appease the coach

If you choose option A, you spend a lot more money (which to me isn't so bad because of this new time warner deal). If you choose option B, you are still setting yourself up for failure in this season. No team that has ever come together mid-season won a championship that very year. Correct me if I am wrong on this one please.

Forget winning the finals.. I don't think any have even made the finals after a losing record halfway through the season.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

For the life of me I can't understand why people want Phil Jackson back. I'm tired of the team having to go through a couple seasons of upheaval every time Jackson needs some extra time to contemplate his navel's place in the universe.

Why? So he can coach one season and bailout when the roster isn't what he wants or his medical problems pop up again? How many times does this guy have to retire before Laker fans realize it's time to invest in the future and move forward with a long term plan. If you say it's because the Lakers are wasting Kobes time left with the Lakers you're actually admitting Kobe is nothing without Phil Jackson and speaking for myself I don't think that's true at all.

Time to move forward.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
So many points to respond to. So little time. Regarding D'Antoni (that's his name), Laker management believe he's the right guy. You have made it quite clear countless times that you won't be happy unless the Lakers hire Phil Jackson which is not going to happen. Do you think the Lakers are just going to keep firing and hiring coaches until they find a coach that wins every single game from here on in? That's your typical Laker fan mentality, "We have to win a championship every single year. All other teams suck except to the Lakers." You obviously think exactly this way based on your statement about Kobe's remaining years being wasted and your comment regarding rebuilding (the "R" word).

Seems to me, you have no problem spending other people's money. Welcome to America 2013!!!

Nah....I know how to run a businesses and when your business sucks you lose money. It doesn't take to long to go from the penthouse to the sewer.....remember when Myspace was red hot?
If you had any idea.....any at all, you would know that it would take no more than 3 home playoff games to have paid Phil's salary in full........now speaking of Phil, if you knew anything about me you would know that I am NOT a big Phil guy.....never have been, but in light of the disaster that MB turned the team into, and the talent we had amassed it was the safest choice to hire Phil. Why.....he has won more titles than anyone ever and THIS would be the best roster he has EVER HAD.

Spending other people's money? What a loony statement, the Lakers would definitely make a ton more money this year if they hired Phil.......maybe you need to go to business school? U.S.C could help you out as they did for me last century

The Lakers have become the joke of the NBA this year, and you don't spend $100 million to lose.....THAT is idiotic business, so if you have to pay $10 million more to make $30 million more plus additional revenue....then only an idiotic businessman passes on this deal.

Now let's say....god help us, that YOU owned the Lakers and sat on @ss like Nero and watched Rome burn....not the TV show....lol, and the Clippers won the title 2 out of the next 3 years, Kobe and Nash retired......now where is your legacy? You become as obsolete as a jumbo 1980's cell phone (See Wall Street, Money Never Sleeps ) It will be a hard, agonizing road back......just ask the Celtics. Sure, we're a bit spoiled now but a smart fan knows that you better get as spoiled as possible when you have the talent, spoiled by success.

You have much to learn

By the way Mr. Sax, I know what his name is but since that Mther Focker has never even considered playing defense he gets no d from me........he's just 'Antoni.

Last edited by DKLaker : 01-12-2013 at 01:30 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: