Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation.

Debate me if you've finished it and think otherwise.

No other game has an atmosphere quite like it. It's a true videogame in that you learn through failing, it's an homage to the unforgiving retro games of the early 90s and late 80s.

Completely innovative in every way. It's a single player game that is multiplayer while you go through it. You'll be in a cave with a fork in it and you'll read a message on the ground from another player who tells you to either go this way or that way. Or you'll be 10 inches from your bloodstain only to be invaded by another player and killed.. only to lose them all.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation.

I can't really disagree. I just started a new game after shelving it for a bit and I've been thinking the same thing. The game design is nearly flawless. The fact that it has a punishing difficulty (relative to other modern games) adds a ton to the atmosphere and tension. I love how they created a connected world rather than just having a hub that you teleport from like in Demons Souls. The only flaw I can think of is that some aspects (upgrading weapons/armor and convenants) are a bit vague unless you read up on them on the internet.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Iíll admit it that Demonís Souls is one of my favorite all time games. I bought it, started playing the first few hours then I put it down for about a year. Once I completed it, I knew I had played a great game. Now I find myself doing the same with Dark Souls. I played about 10 hours a year ago, but then I just abruptly stopped. I have every intention of going back to it soon. I know I better not wait too long with Dark Souls 2 coming out sometime.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's great but it's just not accessible. uncharted 2 and mass effect 2 are just as well made and enjoyed by literally everyone who has played them.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can't really disagree. I just started a new game after shelving it for a bit and I've been thinking the same thing. The game design is nearly flawless. The fact that it has a punishing difficulty (relative to other modern games) adds a ton to the atmosphere and tension. I love how they created a connected world rather than just having a hub that you teleport from like in Demons Souls. The only flaw I can think of is that some aspects (upgrading weapons/armor and convenants) are a bit vague unless you read up on them on the internet.

Very true. The game mechanics are a little too ominous and mysterious if you're new. You shouldn't have to go to the internet in order to know what's an upgrade and what's not.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always promise myself that I gonna start it but still havent. Gonna next week.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

yup i agree..... have been playing it non stop since i bought it a few weeks ago
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
use ur words
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: