Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default News: Lakers request disabled player exception for Jordan Hill

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

Quote:
By Eric Pincus
January 15, 2013, 8:52 p.m.
According to General Manager Mitch Kupchak, the Lakers have sent a request to the NBA for a disabled player exception for the injured Jordan Hill.

Hill will miss the remainder of the season with a hip injury suffered in a game against the Denver Nuggets on Jan. 6. He'll soon undergo surgery to remove loose bodies and repair a possibly torn labrum in the hip.

For those of you who are not familiar with much CBA stuff, the disabled player exception is granted to teams who have players that are injured for extended periods of time. This exception, according to the article, would grant the lakers an additional 1.78 million dollars that will be available to them temporarily. It is not permanent. They can sign a player with this exception, or they can use it in a trade to help make salaries work a little bit. This will give them additional flexibility if moves were to be made. Mitch has shown what he can do with these exceptions, such as the exception that was used to reel Nash over here.

If I am Mitch, I would try to use this exception to buy a first rounder from someone. We can't keep dodging the draft like this (not intended to be humorous here).
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: News: Lakers request disabled player exception for Jordan Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

For those of you who are not familiar with much CBA stuff, the disabled player exception is granted to teams who have players that are injured for extended periods of time. This exception, according to the article, would grant the lakers an additional 1.78 million dollars that will be available to them temporarily. It is not permanent. They can sign a player with this exception, or they can use it in a trade to help make salaries work a little bit. This will give them additional flexibility if moves were to be made. Mitch has shown what he can do with these exceptions, such as the exception that was used to reel Nash over here.

If I am Mitch, I would try to use this exception to buy a first rounder from someone. We can't keep dodging the draft like this (not intended to be humorous here).

So......you would actually spend the 1.78 million to let little Johnny Buss attempt to scout someone and advise who to draft.
That would be as useful as letting him buy lollipops with the money

This is WHY we traded away all our picks.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
So......you would actually spend the 1.78 million to let little Johnny Buss attempt to scout someone and advise who to draft.
That would be as useful as letting him buy lollipops with the money

This is WHY we traded away all our picks.

Im just sayin, if we don't make the playoffs, we got absolutely nothing to console us
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Im just sayin, if we don't make the playoffs, we got absolutely nothing to console us

I hear ya....but would you feel worse if they passed on an Aaron Brooks for a Crittendon like they did to piss me off before? That one still bugs me.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I hear ya....but would you feel worse if they passed on an Aaron Brooks for a Crittendon like they did to piss me off before? That one still bugs me.

After that pick, people said they liked critt because he had really good potential, and a good attitude. Right after we got him, he scored 27 points in the first pre-season game against GSW. After the game he was super pissed because they had lost by one. All that was good enough to lure the Grizz into giving us Gasol. At that time it was a great move. Gasol is the main addition that made us contenders. But as far as current success, yes Brooks would have been great to have. He's a successful point guard while the other guy currently resides in some Jail somewhere for a murder.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
After that pick, people said they liked critt because he had really good potential, and a good attitude. Right after we got him, he scored 27 points in the first pre-season game against GSW. After the game he was super pissed because they had lost by one. All that was good enough to lure the Grizz into giving us Gasol. At that time it was a great move. Gasol is the main addition that made us contenders. But as far as current success, yes Brooks would have been great to have. He's a successful point guard while the other guy currently resides in some Jail somewhere for a murder.

In that deal the Grizz wanted Sun Yue over Marc Gasol......clearly Jerry West was influencing the deal from afar.....I think the deal would've gotten done no matter who we offered them. So had we taken Brooks we could still have him. I never like Critt, I saw him play in college and knew he'd be an NBA bust....100% certainty. We took him because he was familiar with the Triangle this fact doesn't make him a good player.....lazy on the Lakers part not to take the better player and train him

By the way, I heard Critt is still free on bail.......WTF, I can't believe from Aug 2011, they still haven't had the trial!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
By the way, I heard Critt is still free on bail.......WTF, I can't believe from Aug 2011, they still haven't had the trial!!!
Now he's gonna come looking for you for dissin him.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Now he's gonna come looking for you for dissin him.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
In that deal the Grizz wanted Sun Yue over Marc Gasol......clearly Jerry West was influencing the deal from afar.....I think the deal would've gotten done no matter who we offered them. So had we taken Brooks we could still have him. I never like Critt, I saw him play in college and knew he'd be an NBA bust....100% certainty. We took him because he was familiar with the Triangle this fact doesn't make him a good player.....lazy on the Lakers part not to take the better player and train him

Like the analyst said though he wasn't really an "impact right away guy". They just said the kid had potential. With good reason I believe. I liked his ball handling skills, his range. Doesn't always translate. Jameer Nelson was supposed to be a star, look how that turned out. The draft to me is kind of like the stock market. You invest adequate time, and it'll either work out, or it wont.

I was mad about the Sun Yue thing too. If you remember that summer we drafted him, it was during the olympics I believe. Both Kobe and CP3 "tested" the kid out in an exhibition game against China and said "he's a pretty good guard". Remember that the lakers are business men. They want to win because it brings in money. They want stars because it brings in money. What in this case would be more unique than to bring in a possible starting chinese point guard? Everyone would flip and spend a lot of money to come watch this new Yao Ming type of player.

I agree that marc would have been better. If you dig deep enough, there was a thread I made about him after Spain killed Greece by 40 points in some sort of tournament and Marc was the MVP. I was talking about how much I wanted him. Then when we drafted him, I was super stoked, only to watch us trade him away for his older prettier brother lol...

And if Critt is still on bail then Im just as shocked too. Kid is nowhere near any level of "good" NBA player and they're giving him this much lee way? Damn.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: