Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #16
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default Re: Hardest videogame you've played

The Tick for Sega Genesis. Hardest game I ever played. No memory card. IF you fell between one of the buildings, you didn't die, but found yourself on a sub level that you had to beat. And fighting the boss at the end to try to keep him from etching his face onto the moon while destroying the machine? Next to impossible.

Most satisfying game I've enjoyed beating was Double Dragon. When you go throught the whole game as co players then we got to the end and had to kill each other, it made it pretty personal. Probably cuz I was kid then and playing against my best friend. Love those old games
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #17
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Goldeneye was pretty hard. Took a long time to beat. I played it the other day and man it has ****ty graphics. O ya and battletoads double dragons is spot on with that one. Impossible to beat. I only got to the third level boss but died.

Big guy with a machine gun. That level was weird. They had chicks that were trying to kill you and you would grab them by the head and punch them in the boobs. Not very appropriate for kids my age.

Kingdom hearts was so damn hard. I think i beat teenage mutant ninja turtles for regular nintendo. Actualy i am positive because I remember the image of the island of manhattan coming down back to the earth.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #18
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silky_smooth
I dint think contra was that tough, but if u wanna go really old school then it would be pacman

Haha I think pac man was actually easy. I was never good at shooters even though I liked to play them.

Someone mentioned Ninja Turtles on the NES. That game rocked. I also beat Punch Out, once you figure out their (Boxers') pattern it wasn't too bad..

Its funny but back in those days I used to take pride in being able to beat games. Just play the same level over and over for hours trying to master the game. Nowadays it's not that important, and if I find a game too hard I'll just turn it off and not play it anymore. A lot of the things that made old school games so hard would be considered bad design these days.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #19
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Goldeneye was pretty hard. Took a long time to beat. I played it the other day and man it has ****ty graphics. O ya and battletoads double dragons is spot on with that one. Impossible to beat. I only got to the third level boss but died.

Big guy with a machine gun. That level was weird. They had chicks that were trying to kill you and you would grab them by the head and punch them in the boobs. Not very appropriate for kids my age.

Kingdom hearts was so damn hard. I think i beat teenage mutant ninja turtles for regular nintendo. Actualy i am positive because I remember the image of the island of manhattan coming down back to the earth.

the heads of the people in golden eye are square lol
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3rd level of Battletoads was the hardest ever. Took me for ever to get past that level. Kept on slamming into brick walls. I only ever made it up to level 4 of Battletoads, the snow one. I think pretty much any NES/Genisis game is really hard since you didn't have infinite lives or saves like you do know. If you died, you go right back to the start again.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #21
joe lucky
Decent playground baller

joe lucky has an OK reputation so far

NES:

Ninja Turtles for NES: dam mission, technodrome level as hard as it gets

Karate Kid: yeah that level in the hurricane where you keep falling into the pits.

Ghosts & Goblins: more about the limited lives and no continues.

Metal Gear II: Snake's Revenge - hard. Nothing more needs to be said.

Renegade: one of the last guys has a gun...and you don't.

Castlevania II: if noone told you to kneel down in front of that damn rock you'd never have beaten it.

Jaws: Jaws takes a million spears to kill. Literally. Not even my turbo controller could kill him in one battle.

Ghostbusters: one of the most tedious and poorly programmed games ever. The last building stage is next to impossible.

Ah the memories...the frustration. I remember that well.
joe lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I beat God Of War in 10 hours the first night I bought it, there were a couple of really difficult levels but overall wasn't a tough game.

The toughest game was Driver on Playstation 1, it wasn't really the game but the last level called "The President Run"...that was so brutally difficult, took me a month to beat it playing it 2-3 hours every day...I got mad lucky too, if anyone played that game and made it to this last level, they know how amazing difficult that level is.

I thought it was a glitch or something, because 10 seconds into the level your car explodes from all the limos shooting at your car...and the level is about 3 minutes long.

I remember if I made it to the park, its about half way through and I only seen the centre park 3 times...2 times I died right there, and the last time I have no clue how I made it all the way to the end...it was a blur, I just threw that game in the trash after I beat it...no way I'd go through that level ever again, lost some hair on that game.

Either you're a hardcore video gamer, or you had it on the easiest mode available.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #23
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

This game was break-the-tv-screen-with-the-nes-remote infuriating at times. Especially with the ominous laugh every time you died......

Damn game was like 5 levels but GOD DAMN!!!

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 AM   #24
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I actually beat BattleToads lol

Hardest for me EVER was the original Ninja Turtles game for NES. That game was just too damn long to beat in one sitting (since there were no memory cards). I'd try to leave the Nintendo on so i could come back later and it would always overheat and freeze. Impossible.

HELL EFFIN' YEAH!

Only game I've ever owned that I NEVER beat. Ridiculous.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #25
Dtownsbest
I brick open layups

Dtownsbest has an OK reputation so far

I never beat ole Mike either, but hey i was just happy i could knock him down every now and again, lol. By far the hardest game i ever played was Enemy Zero. I never finished it to this day.
Dtownsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Golden Eye was pretty hard

that Wu tang game was very hard too

The End of Jedi Outcast of extremely hard... it took like 10 hours to beat Desaan in a fight

parts of GTA were pretty hard too
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #27
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Goldeneye N64

Splinter Cell (forget which one) PS2

Umm. . . can't really remember any.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #28
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Goldeneye N64

Splinter Cell (forget which one) PS2

Umm. . . can't really remember any.

ya...that game was gay and too hard. I returned it and got money back haha.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #29
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rock Man/Mega Man 1
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #30
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Ninja Gaiden on XBOX
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: