Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Iman Shumpert return date could be fairly soon

Iman Shumpert believes he's close to rejoining the Knicks and regaining his athleticism and lateral movement.

Much of the second-year guard's game is predicated on those things. Shumpert had some early doubts but now is confident he will return to being the player he was before undergoing surgery May 2 to repair a torn left ACL and lateral meniscus.

"When my knee was swelled up, I think I had doubts," Shumpert said. "But now I can sort of feel myself getting back to where I was. Of course, I'm not going to be exactly what I was; I won't be peaking or anything. I know that with time and with work, I'll get back to where I was and even more."

-- NY Newsday
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Iman Shumpert return date could be fairly soon

I hope he doesn't come back until he's 100%
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Iman Shumpert was joking the other day he’d be “thirsty’’ to have been around in the 1950s to get a chance to dunk on Bill Russell.

Today, the cocksure Shumpert may have to be content to dunk on Tyson Chandler. Knicks coach Mike Woodson said last night Shumpert had knee tests yesterday and was on the verge of being medically cleared for his first 5-on-5 contact scrimmage — the last step in his eight-month comeback from an ACL tear. The Knicks practice today and tomorrow.

If things go well, it’s not out of the realm of possibility Shumpert could make his season debut in the Knicks’ special showcase game in London against the Pistons in nine days.

-- NY Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

Woodson addressed a small group of reporters for 15 minutes at the Knicks posh hotel and he was the only one from the team's entourage made available to the media. Woodson revealed that assuming Iman Shumpert goes through Wednesday's practice pain-free that the second year guard will make his season debut against the Pistons. In fact, Woodson wouldn't rule out the possibility of Shumpert, sidelined since early last May following major knee surgery, will start his first game.

"We'll see," Woodson added. "That could be a possibility as well based on him loosening up. If the doctors said that might be a way to go I wouldn't be scared of putting him in the starting lineup. He's been there before."

Shumpert's imminent return will make the Knicks better defensively and it will allow Woodson to cut back on Jason Kidd's minutes. All 15 players on the roster traveled to London including Marcus Camby, who is out for at least another 10 days with a left foot injury. Rasheed Wallace, who is closing in on being out five weeks with a stress fracture in his left foot, is said to be getting closer to returning but Woodson isn't sure that Wallace will face his former team on Thursday.

-- NY Daily News
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: