Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #136
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You are discounting the possibility, though, that he is in love with a guy some distance away and telephone/Internet are their only form of communication for long periods of time.

IF this were to come out to be a gay issue, it would go from being shocking to bizarre to shameful to downright sad.
No they could twist this into him being a figure head for gay people in sports...

If he came out of the closet it would be HUGE in terms of media attention

there has never been an openly gay player in all of professional sports...or Div 1 football either.

It would be interesting to see what NFL teams would want to take that type of attention on.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #137
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
No they could twist this into him being a figure head for gay people in sports...

If he came out of the closet it would be HUGE in terms of media attention

there has never been an openly gay player in all of professional sports...or Div 1 football either.

It would be interesting to see what NFL teams would want to take that type of attention on.
I think the time might be right... And it could do wonders for the LBGT movement. I almost hope it's true.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #138
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You are discounting the possibility, though, that he is in love with a guy some distance away and telephone/Internet are their only form of communication for long periods of time.

IF this were to come out to be a gay issue, it would go from being shocking to bizarre to shameful to downright sad.

Then why "kill her?" Why not just break up, or have it still going strong currently? Why bring all that attention when you've got a FAR bigger secret to keep?

Quote:
you mean someone he has to actually talk to and interact with and have straight sex with?...and then not be able to talk on the phone every night with his gay lover?

If he and this Tuiasosopo had a gay relationship going, I am thinking that they would have rather created a fictional female to hide their relationship rather than find a real girl.

Gay guys don't have sex with beards. Beards are complicit, they know they're just playing a girlfriend. He could've kept talking to whomever he wanted in whatever way he wanted.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #139
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want to see an openly gay athlete too. But not like this, it needs to be on their own terms, they need to plan and prepare for it and be ready to attack it head on. Not be dragged into it kicking and screaming because of some weird hoax.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #140
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Then why "kill her?" Why not just break up, or have it still going strong currently? Why bring all that attention when you've got a FAR bigger secret to keep?

It's possible that it started as a gay coverup and then when it started getting attention, he started using it to his advantage (dying after gmas death).

On another note, you guys seem to know an awful lot of details about "beards" that I never knew. Hmmmmm
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #141
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
It's possible that it started as a gay coverup and then when it started getting attention, he started using it to his advantage (dying after gmas death).

On another note, you guys seem to know an awful lot of details about "beards" that I never knew. Hmmmmm
Sure, anything's possible I suppose, I just really don't believe it. And like I said earlier, if his first thought when he found out his grandma died was "oh damn, I can say my girlfriend died and get all kinds of hype!" he's an evil person. But I don't think that's the case either.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #142
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

i think this a case of no one involved is directly responsible, more like a story that took a mind of its own via Twitter and other social media
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #143
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Sure, anything's possible I suppose, I just really don't believe it. And like I said earlier, if his first thought when he found out his grandma died was "oh damn, I can say my girlfriend died and get all kinds of hype!" he's an evil person. But I don't think that's the case either.
so you think that he thought there was an actual Lenney that died that day? and that he was actually in love with her and torn up about it?

So who was he talking to on the phone every night for 3 years? Why did his father lie about her visiting the home in Hawaii? Why didn't he go to visit her in the hospital while she had leukemia? better yet, why didn't he ever Skype with her, or FB, or email, or anything but Twitter?

My first thought was that he saw his Grandmother's death as a perfect time to "kill" Lenney because that would take some of the focus away from Lenney's death and lack of a funeral. But yeah I suppose he could have just made claim that they "broke up"...it is a head scratcher.

I think just about anyway you look at this it is crazy and bizarre...but the gay cover-up still makes the most sense to me and is the most logical of all the theories...
Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #144
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

LMAO
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #145
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
so you think that he thought there was an actual Lenney that died that day? and that he was actually in love with her and torn up about it?

So who was he talking to on the phone every night for 3 years? Why did his father lie about her visiting the home in Hawaii? Why didn't he go to visit her in the hospital while she had leukemia? better yet, why didn't he ever Skype with her, or FB, or email, or anything but Twitter?

You ever been to a funeral? you always see a lot of people there who claim that they were best friends or really close with the deceased even though in reality their relationship was fairly pedestrian. It's part of the grief process, we want to honor the dead by magnifying their improtance to us. To me it's believable that Teo thought the girl died and started embellishing the relationship both inwardly and outwardly perhaps almost unintentionally.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #146
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
You ever been to a funeral? you always see a lot of people there who claim that they were best friends or really close with the deceased even though in reality their relationship was fairly pedestrian. It's part of the grief process, we want to honor the dead by magnifying their improtance to us. To me it's believable that Teo thought the girl died and started embellishing the relationship both inwardly and outwardly perhaps almost unintentionally.
So he never called her "the love of his life" until she supposedly died?...yeah I guess I can see that.

so who had he been talking to on the phone then?

I just have a really hard time believing that he was duped by someone for 3 years on Twitter and on the phone, all the while not dating others at Notre Dame because of this online relationship he had going...why didn't he want to visit her at the hospital with leukemia?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #147
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is so bizarre.

Idk how this kind of thing spirals out of control. I guess it's like the epitome of getting caught in a lie because it's magnified by national attention.

And then the Cardinals guy says she's real... are we in the Twilight Zone?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #148
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So he never called her "the love of his life" until she supposedly died?...yeah I guess I can see that.

so who had he been talking to on the phone then?

I just have a really hard time believing that he was duped by someone for 3 years on Twitter and on the phone, all the while not dating others at Notre Dame because of this online relationship he had going...why didn't he want to visit her at the hospital with leukemia?

Even more puzzling who did Reagan Muaia meet when he was at AMerican Samoa?

I don't know man. I haven't read a theory of events that satisfactorily answers all the questions yet. hoping more facts come out. but I went back and read through some of the comments again, at first the girl was just referred to as a "close friend" then eventually evolved to girlfriend and "love of his life".

Last edited by heyhey : 01-17-2013 at 04:17 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #149
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think he was the victim of the hoax, not the perpetrator.

EDIT: Just filled myself in on the story... don't know what to think.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 01-17-2013 at 04:38 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #150
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

It has been shown that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is friends with Manti though and no one knows how they met...My theory was that Ronaiah and Manti were gay lovers and they both created Lennay together to hide their relationship from everyone else.

If Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was really hoaxing Manti for 3 years, then who was Manti talking with on the phone supposedly every night? Was it Ronaiah using a fake female voice?...Did he hire a female friend to play the voice over the phone for him?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: